The Walking Dead

Save the Last One

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 30, 2011 on AMC

• Saving the last indeed!!!

This episode of the show had amazing character development and great twists.

First, Daryl. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters, and provides a nice comic relief with his sarcasm and wit. Last season he seemed slightly one-note, now he is nearly endearing and someone I would want on my side in the zombie apocalypse.

Second, Lori. I completely understood where she was coming from. I was glad that she decided to do everything to save her son, but I can understand that she wouldn't want him growing up in such a wretched world, which leads to...

Rick. I love that he talked about the hope and beauty (the deer being the symbolism for these) and how his son sees this. I think it represents what we all need to see in a horrible time in the world, and it seemed to resonate with Lori.

Finally, Shane. Who could have imagined that the cheating, near rapist would murder someone to save his own skin? Honestly, no matter how much I have liked and disliked Shane, I never really thought him capable. I look forward to seeing how this plays out, how the death of Otis effects him, and how he changes and tries to make amends.

I'm glad it looks like Carl will make it, but am hoping Sophia does too, I really like to see the dynmaic of a harsh world with the kids there. I think it tells a good story. I hope her being missing isn't drawn out too long.