The Walking Dead

Triggerfinger

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 19, 2012 on AMC

• My Pros and Cons - "Triggerfinger"

What I Liked/Pros:

There was a lot of good zombie action in this episode. Awesome gore effects with the first walker's skin peeling off his face as he forced his head through the hole in the windshield. It wasn't CGI'd. Nice!!! I loved when Lori was crawling away from the second walker.

The scenes with Glenn, Herschel and Rick trapped in the bar were excellent. Good tension there. There's probably going to be a feud between these two groups at some point, which I like. More zombie action and gore outside, around the bar. A guy got shot by Herschel and then had his face eaten off by some zombies. Nice!!! Plus, we see Herschel beginning to adapt to his surroundings. He's becoming stronger, as is Rick.

I loved when the walkers were closing in as they argued over saving the Randall kid or not. And of course I loved when Rick finally just ripped the leg off of the spike. Bloody, gory excellence!!!

Loved when Daryl finally told Carol off for getting into his business. She's basically stalking him right now. She's annoying. I don't think I'd hate her as much if they weren't trying to force her on Daryl.

What I Didn't Like/Cons:

Why didn't Lori just search for her gun in the first place? I can understand her having to scramble for something quickly to kill the first walker because she was trapped in the car, but after she killed it why didn't she automatically search for her gun? Why would she leave the car with possible walkers around? Wouldn't your first thought be your weapon in a situation like hers? Why was she even in that situation to begin with? And why was she so stupid to believe Shane when he told her that Rick and the others were back?

It didn't seem right for Herschel to just say that they needed to kill Randall. It just didn't make much sense. Herschel is suppose to be a religious man and I don't believe he would abandon any of that and change so quickly. Especially since Herschel then jumps in and wants to try and save Randall.

And couldn't they have just ripped the leg off in the first place and not wasted time arguing over it. Rick suggests ripping the leg off of the spike and Herschel then says there would be nerve damage and they can't do that. But their way to avoid nerve damage is to cut his leg off??? The whole point of not ripping the leg off of the spike is to save the nerves in his leg, but what's the point in worrying about the nerve damage if you're just going to cut the leg off anyway? Then there are no nerves for them to worry about. They waste a lot of time arguing and preparing for this amputation, but the zombies are closing in and Rick quickly decides to go with his first idea. Rip the leg up off of the spike. I loved watching this whole scene play out, especially when they finally just ripped the leg off the spike, but it kind of doesn't make much sense when you think about it.

I keep getting this feeling that Daryl and Carol are going to end up hooking up. I don't want that. We have enough couples on this show, we don't need another one. Besides, Daryl is more cool solo!!!

Overall:

This episode was more interesting because they weren't secluded on the farm and they ran into others. Damn good episode. Way better than Nebraska!!!