The Walking Dead

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 23, 2014 on AMC

• Maggie and Glen reunite,

Maggie and Glen reunite,
  • Us - Walking Dead

So things will not go as planned when the season wraps up. Big shocker there. This was okay, but I want the show to give us something different for a change, and we didn't get it tonight, nor do I think we'll get it next week.
  • grove

My heart jump
  • Penultimate Failure

This was an incredibly toned-down, scatterbrained episode. I kept feeling throughout the entire thing that we were going to lose Glenn (or have lost Maggie) and nothing even remotely big happened. I was a bit disappointed in Daryl for not going through and covering liar dude with the sheet - it showed that he's sinking back into his old habits without the good group. Speaking of, where's Beth? I still don't believe that she would have left him and not come back. That we haven't seen her doesn't bode well at all. Hopefully things pick up in the immediate future, though - and I'm sure they will, since Mary's giving off a creepy vibe. I wouldn't be surprised if she's a cannibal.
  • WOW another walk

I was imporessed this week, more walking than usual less talking, we got to see Rick, anybody remember him, the series main character. We got to see him for less than 2 minutes, give me a break. When they Reach Terminus, they are probably going to spend Season 5,6, and 7 walking to Washington.
  • The Walking Dead

I love this series its great!!!!
  • Terminus

The Walking Dead split the narrative this week as we got to see 3 groups perspectives instead of the typical Season 4B 1 group per episode (2 max in some cases). We check in with Daryl and his new compatriots who abide by simple but unbreakable rules. I actually find the rules fascinating because all you need to get something in front of you is to say "claimed" as we heard can go very wrong from when Rick was under the "claimed" bed a few episodes ago. But the drama with the King Solomon splitting of the rabbit on the pack leader's part led Daryl to have a semi-appreciation for the method of madness the group has to it (especially when the pack leader saw that the guy accusing Daryl put the other half into the bag in the first place). But it looks like the penalty is death for lying under direct questioning in regards to the rules as we see said guy-with-Daryl-problem with an arrow through his eye later on. We also pick up on the fact that they are tracking Rick for having killed one of their group members in the bathroom of the house a few episodes ago. From the sounds of it a vague description isn't much to go off of, and we may have to see Daryl turn against his new bosom buddies. Rick, Michonne, and Carl all continue towards Terminus also while walking atop a railway track in a candy bar bet (one shown later as we see Daryl's party is right behind them). But the rest of the episode focused on Glen, Tara, Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita as they try to reach Terminus. When Glen sees the writing of Maggie's messages are fresher (the blood anyway) he decides to pickup the pace and gives Eugene his riot gear as a bargain with Abraham. When they reach a tunnel they part ways but Eugene tricks Rosita and Abraham to navigating to the tracks where Glen and Tara would've come out of if his math is correct. I really like Eugene, his bit about the dinosaurs and how he still has to live with himself after he saves the world and is willing to risk his safety to secure the lives of Glen and Tara. But they actually stumble upon Bob, Sacha, and Maggie and while Tara and Glen get stuck in the cave and he refuses to leave her when her leg becomes pinned Abraham and the gang unload and kill all of the walkers that besiege them. They all agree to go to Terminus and then to Washington right after if they can recruit people from Terminus to go with them. We actually got a glimpse of Terminus at episode's end too and what seems to be deserted is tended by a kind woman named Mary who says "Welcome to Terminus" and offers them a plate of food. Not sure what to make of Mary since we only see her for a good 10 seconds of dialogue before the episode closes but I'm guessing there's something off about the place. Surely the others will trickle in and we'll see a showdown of sorts as Daryl's group picks a fight with Rick. Then Tyrese and Sacha will be reunited and my best guess is whoever chooses to go with (if not all of the remaining prison gang) to go with Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene to Washington and we see how far that rabbit hole goes in Season 5. I'm excited to see the finale next week and what changes may come as a result of the ensuing conflict as the survivors reunite, but who survives is up in the air (except for maybe Rick who is kind of the main character still, I think).
  • Mary Gonna Eatz You

You do realize that these wonderful pretty gardens and Mary cooking Bar B-BQ is going to end up nasty> I bet you a dollar to a donut she and her family are cannibals.
  • Terminus, the end of the line

Terminus, the end of the line, or as another franchise put it, "Final

Ominous enough for you?

I have no problem with Terminus being set up as a really nasty trap. But please, please series writers, do not stoop to teen slasher flick dumb victims schtick.

Show them taking reasonable precautions. Please. After all, they've been through hell. They're no strangers to all manner of nasty surprises. It simply would not be realistic to depict them as total dupes. It would cheapen the plot and characterization.

With that caveat, I look forward to further developments at the end of the line with Mary.
  • What happens next?

Anyone else think that Joe framed the guy? But what would he want from Daryl? When the group catches up with Rick, Daryl will have to make a choice and a quick one. This one won't be as tough as the time he met Merle again.

Is Beth at Terminus? Or the producers ran out of idea for her character and decided to just take her away in a car during filming?

What do you make of the trailer for the finale?
  • Mary: Friend or Foe?

So, the first group has arrived to Terminus.

First impression: TRAP. The serene flowers dancing gently in the wind add to the secure atmosphere of Terminus but contrasts with its desolation. The only character present and introduced to us is Mary, whose warm welcome feels forced, as her manic eyes seem to drill into us, providing us with an ominous sensation which is confirmed by the grill with large slabs of meat on it.

Theory: Mary is a cannibal; that would explain the desolation (as she would have eaten all the survivors that arrived to Terminus) and would provide an explanation for the generous amounts of meat that, according to the knowledge provided to us at the time, were being prepared for her sole consumption.
Try