The Walking Dead

Welcome to the Tombs

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Mar 31, 2013 on AMC

7.4
    What a lackluster episode. Ignoring the fact that for the past 15 episodes, everyone in the show keeps referencing a war (which fizzled out), this was still a pretty disappointing episode. It started out great, pitting Milton against Andrea. Then it was all downhill.

1) Did Laurie Holden slash some writer's tires or something? Why is she consistently getting such awful lines and awful parts? Her insistence that she was trying to "save" everyone (it feels like she wanted a warm bed and a hard *** above all else) was so eye rolling I needed to get my eyes checked. Next, she couldn't find the ability to multitask in that pea sized brain of hers, apparently. She had to look and chat Milton up every 4 minutes out of 5, despite him telling her she should hurry. Needless to say, I did not feel anything but breathed a sigh of relief when they finally put her character out of its misery.

2) Carl.... really? Really, Carl? In season 2, when he wasn't busy luring walkers and getting Dale killed, he was sneaking around the barn causing problems. Now, he's got guns! I don't think it's ever a good idea to give a kid a gun, especially a kid whose gotten too big for his britches.

This finale also did not change anything for me. it did not leave any other questions which I want answered. What's the gov going to do? I don't know, but he clearly isn't as capable as we were led to believe. Otherwise he wouldn't have drove off due to a couple of smoke grenades and some hilariously inaccurate automatic gunfire.