The Waltons Forums

CBS (ended 1981)

Fact Checking

sisterdorito

[1]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 4
    Is anyone else bothered by the lack of on show fact checking that was done on The Waltons? I love the show, I mean really, but it seems like they never looked back at old episodes to see if they were making sense or if there was continuity. For example, in "The Literary Man", the ending narative says that they never saw or heard from A.J. Covington again but in "The Abdication" guess who was back...none other than good ole A.J. (different actor but same character). There are many more examples, I know. If you have one, share it. I know I can't be the only one that has noticed this.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[2]Dec 26, 2006
    • level: 7
    sisterdorito wrote:
    Is anyone else bothered by the lack of on show fact checking that was done on The Waltons? I love the show, I mean really, but it seems like they never looked back at old episodes to see if they were making sense or if there was continuity. For example, in "The Literary Man", the ending narative says that they never saw or heard from A.J. Covington again but in "The Abdication" guess who was back...none other than good ole A.J. (different actor but same character). There are many more examples, I know. If you have one, share it. I know I can't be the only one that has noticed this.

I agree with you.  I loved this show and grew up with it.  I'm between the ages of Jim-Bob and Elizabeth.  I remembered watching it from the 1st episode.  However the lack of fact checking is more than just a little bothesome and I believe is more a result of running out of story lines and is actually a symptom of shark jumping.  The other thing that really bothers me is the time issue.  The time lines in the specials are completely out of sync with reality!  This show should have been laid to rest following the 7th season

sisterdorito

[3]Dec 27, 2006
    • level: 4
    You're right about the timeline in the specials...the last season took place in 1946 or so. The last special took place in 1963 but it was only supposed to be a few years later. I guess they were really counting on the audience's "suspension of disbelief" abilities.

goddessbabygirl

[4]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 1
    yes, it still is my favorite show