The Waltons

The Actress

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 04, 1973 on CBS

4.2
  • Amateur Dramatics

Don't take this one too seriously. If you watch it for the lighthearted romp that it is, you'll enjoy it much more.

Let's begin with the actress herself. She's very much a pantomime dame: laying it on as thick as it comes and splitting the house into those who want her to stay and those who can't wait for her to leave. Rather predictably, it's Esther and Olivia who want her out, while the others hang off her every word.

Equally predictably, our actress turns out to be something of a fraud who realises the key to improving her life is to be more like the Waltons. Well, at least she's in good company.

Starstruck John-boy is hilarious. Nice work, Mr Thomas! Loved seeing him after his fight with the chauffeur as well. For once, the make-up was spot on.

I wouldn't want too many episodes like this, but as a one-off it's great fun. Sit back and enjoy!
  • When an actress from New York comes to Walton's mountain, her car breaks down, the Waltons take her in while her car's being fixed.

7.3
    I don't know why so many people anticipate one episode from a show. I mean, seriously, there will be other episodes, and when the episode is over, they wai for the one that will show up next week. Sure, some episodes can be funny, and some sad; but if you get your hoppes up too high, then the episode will just come crashing down on you, and leave you completely depressed. Just like when the highly anticipated show "Giligan's Island" was canceled without warning, so many people spent years thinking that the next episode would come on and they would have that joyful feeling again. But don't worry, Waltons didn't leave unexpectedly, and they have nine complete seasons. But this episode was one that came crashing down. It always happens like this, they show a new character, just to pull him/her from the series forever (Chino, The literary man, Jennie). So, unless you want to be depressed from watching this episode, Don't watch it. ~Old shows finatic.