The War at Home

Super Dave

Aired Sunday 7:30 PM Sep 24, 2006 on FOX

• This has inspired me to write my own nerdy sitcom. (Possibly)

Everything about this episode was simply superb. Dave's thoughts of him drinking, putting a toaster in the bathtub, and pouring gas over himself and holding a lighter. Larry and Kenny were hilarious as the nerdy kids. Kenny's dreams of having Larry and Dave sleep on top of him was hilarious. I just doesn't get any better than this. I'd like to see them try to write a better War at Home episode.
  • Larry is so nerdy and pathetic it makes me question the gene pool.

Well, Larry and his nerdy gay friend [who is a terrible monotone actor] and dave go to a Comic Con, and prove the fact that some men should not breed. The fact that the nerds would attack Dave just because he was fighting the actor was possibly the dumbest thing I have seen on this show... and I have seen em all! Also that whole "Super Dave" thing was annoying and those parents should have their marriage liscence revoked and their kids put into a foster home... better yet put the entire family into a reform school.
  • hahah. So funny.

alright, even after a week I can't get this out of my head! It is so funny! Alright, when Dave tolk LArry to the comic convention, and Larry and his friend were talking in that weird geek langauge, there was a cut scene and Dave was in a bat tub full of water, then he got a plugged in toaster and put it in the tub... hahah. OMG! This is so funny! Alright, not to the episode, it is super and this is why The War at Home is awesome! Funny and awesome! I say rock on War at Home!
  • The best episode on both seasons of this show in my opinion.

When Dave is forced to take Larry and Kenny to a comic book convention in Philadelphia, it seems that Dave is the dork at the convention when he doesn't know anything about the comics. But when Dave makes Larry miss his chance of meeting Zoltar, he is upset and freaks out. Also, when Hilary wants to spend the night at a friend's house (which is a boy), Vicky has no choice but to let her spend the night. And, when Mike has a problem with his studies, he decides to try coffee to wake him up. Overall in every episode of this show, this episode was my favorite. It has good humor, hilarity and acting. If you haven't seen this episode, you must tune in to this episode.
  • So...this is what replaced Arrested Development. Worst half hour of tv ever.

I tried giving this show a chance. It comes on after 3 really good shows, so I figured Fox would put a show worthy of the time-slot. How wrong I was. Although I've watched around 4 or 5 episodes that were borderline mediocre, this was unwatchable. I watched the first 15-20 minutes and had to shut off. There is rarely a time when a show is so bad that I shut it off with only around 5 or 10 minutues left, but I felt like I didn't have a choice. I think the reason I couldnt stand this episode more than any others was because it was focused on Larry. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard, and his character has to be the the most ackward and annoying (in a bad way) than anyone else on tv. This show needs to be cancelled, and this is the last episode I will ever watch.
  • This is exactly what makes this series different from other family comedies!!!!!!!!!!

All of it was pretty much perfect. From Kenny's dreams of having both Larry and Mike sleep on top of him, to Hillary's wanting to sleep over at a guy's house. Mike's performance of Moby Dick was very good as well. Larry and Kenny were quite funny. And Dave's scenes to the camera, the breaking of the fourth wall, when he had the toaster in the bathtub, the pills, it was all priceless. I hope this show lasts a long time!