The Wayans Bros.

The WB (ended 1999)

algetrig91

The Wayans Bros. Fan Reviews (24)

• A good show but also a little cheesy

I think this show was a good show that didn't receive any recognition or proper season finale but it was also a little cheesy.
  • The rating is generous

I just can't watch this show. It's not funny in the zany, insane way Martin was. It reminded me of a Good Times-type show only with 3 family members. They were always talking about how worse off they were, and just straight acting a fool. I half expected them to bring on a cockroach as a supporting cast member this show was so low rent. Television shouldn't reward awful TV with false accolades- and I won't either. The stories were basically incidents that happened to the writer or actors with filler lines paced around them. I'm sure Shawn Wayans is funny in some scenarios, but I haven't come across one yet. It's a swing and a miss for this show. Don't waste your time!
  • Really good!

6.4
    I like the show, it's not bad. It's quite old, but nonetheless, it's good. Especially the Wayans bros, they're very funny. Or the best parts when they smack their dad, and he takes off the belt, and starts beating them with it. lmao, good stuff. It's on BET sometimes,it's time well spent. The show didn't go on very long, i think from 1994, to 1999, something like that. I'm not sure.

However, it's a really good show. I haven't watched it much, but from the few shows i've seen it's really funny. There's some drama, but not much. Mostly laughter. Hey, no comment there. That's the best part.

So, should you watch Wayans bros, i think you should. There's just so much laughter, and all kinds off stuff. So give it a shot.
  • It was really funny.

I haven't see all the episodes but I have watched enough to know that The Wayans Bros is funny. I don't usually like sitcoms, but the 90's had some of the very best. Too bad television isn't what is used to be. The show had some good comedy and had some good acting from some choice characters. I thought that Pop was a good actor and the black female cop was also decent. My favorite charcters was nobody. I think that they were all the same to me in terms of having any favorites. Overall, this was an entertaining show to say the least. Thank you.
  • the Waynas Brothers is one of my favorite sitcoms ever.

I love to watch this hilarious sitcom on BET. What makes the show so funny is the stupidity. They have legendary actors on the show, the setting is ok, and the whole plot and theme is ok. However, the jokes though are usually unoriginal. However, Marlon was likely the funniest character on the show, especially in the earlier episode> As they both got older though, so did the show, so that's why it didn't last as long as it could of, because they're wasn't a true plotted ending to the show I don't believe. Nonne the less, the show as moral and the stupidity was hilarious, so that's why I gave the show a 8
  • This is a show you'll either love or hate.

Shawn and Marlon are probably the best pairing of Wayans possible, from their Scary Movie movies to this show.

Sadly even two of the funniest actors out there cant make a stupid script watchable. This show is completely hit or miss. Some episodes are incredibly funny while others just have you wondering where the remote is. Even if its not consistently funny I still love this show. The slow paced script peppered with hilarious jokes is entertaining, but sometimes just not worth it.

Most of the later shows however fix this problem as they bring in an even funnier supporting cast and much better writing. It becomes consistently funnier without giving up its crude humor. If you can watch an episode from one of the later seasons you'll probably enjoy the show more.
  • This show is great!!

Were brothers, were happy and were singing and were colored give me high five!!! Back before the wayans brothers made crappy music was this funny sitcom. Remember at the end of Scary Movie "The wayans brothers was a good show and they didn't even give us a final episode." Which sucks, it happens to a lot of great shows not ending with a finale. This show revolves around the wayans brothers and their father. It is a very funny program but has its bad episodes so if you think about checking it out i suggest starting from season one. It's on cable everyday
  • Love it!

This show received a lot of criticism for being too stereotypical in the way it portrayed black men, but I personally love it. I think it's really funny to see the adventures that Shawn, Marlon, and Pops go through. Something negative always seems to happen, but they manage to get over the negativity, and they add a lot of comedic moments on the way. What makes this show especially funny is the fact that the Wayans don't hold their tongue. They say what's on everyone else's mind, but everyone else is too afraid to say it. That's one of the reasons I watch this show. Shawn and Marlon say whatever they feel like saying, no matter who it will offend. I'm also fascinated by Marlon's impressions. He really is an underrated actor/comedian, and he would be a great stand-up comedian. But regardless, I love him on this show. He, Shawn, and John Witherspoon make a great comedy trio, which is the reason this show is so entertaining. Three of the funniest men alive are all on the same sitcom. It just doesn't get any better than that.
  • The wayans brothers, Shawn and Marlon live toghter. They work at a newpaper stand next to their father, Pops, played by John witherspoon. The show is packed with jokes that make you laugh during and after the show

The show is a one of a kind. the wayans are one the funnest duos in tv's history. It is a shame that they cancelled the show. Shows today doesn\'t quite compare to the actors as the Wayans. The Wayans put humor back into humerous. I\'ll watch their re-runs any day
  • it's basically a summary of a show ive been watching since i was young, and is still fresh, the comedy still relates to our times.

I have been watching this show since i was in junior high. I remember the wayans bros being famous for their show before the Scary movie trilogies came out, even Dont be a menace. This show is still one of my favorites because it also stars John Witherspoon one of my favorite actors/comedians of all time. The shows formula is as any other sitcom except they're brothers who own their little newsstand. The fast snaps make this show one of my all-time favorites and this was the show that launched the wayans bros into two of the most recognized comedians.
  • A Classic Comedy to See!

If you are looking for the best, laidback jokes on television safe for youngsters and the family, meet the Wayan Bros! Together or separate in scenes...they are a hilarious bunch. I watched them for quite a while and always had a splendid time. They were easygoing actors with a deep mission to make you laugh at least 3 times while watching each episode. I wish tv was just as easygoing and laidback as the Wayan Bros. characters were... they were really good roleplayers.
  • Marlon and Shawn Wayons are a trip. This is a show that either love or hate. Marlon is acts silly than Shawn. He makesthe show funnier. And Pops is funny too. It be funny when he be saying Bang Bang Bang. And Marlon and Shawn don`t like that..............

This show is about two brothers living in New York in an apartment. Pops own a diner called Pops diner. I`m glad that BET got this show on their network. WB cancelled this show for no reason. They be showing disgusting stuff on this show. This is not the best show. But its funny. It be funny when Pops be taking off his belt and whipping them. That cracks me up.
  • One of my favorite shows

The Wayans Bros. was a very good show. The re runs come on BET and I record every single one of the on my DVR. The was always funny even though some shows were very silly. Sometimes Marlon would go overboard every now and again but he was still funny. Shawn and John Witherspoon were great also. The show should have at least been able to have a final episode.
  • This show is realisticly funny.

I love this show. I watch it on bet every morning and sometimes in the after noon. It is so funny, and realistc and unique. They also make fun of celebrities that we can laugh at. the metaphors are funny too. I absolte adore the cast. they are nice looking and funny. They are naturally great actors. not in just funny situation but they are also good in drama. I never seen one in a horror flick but Im sure they were great in it! They are just laugh out loud, keeps you crackin up! the show is a two-thumbs up. people watch it and love it. I love it too!
  • cool show

this is a cool show u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u u7 u u u u u uu u u u u u u u u u iu u u u u u u uy u u u u u u u u u u j
  • Show is one of my favs.

This show is the best. I watched it all the time and I still do on BET. Show cracks me up. Marlon is mad funny. White mike was also one of the best guest characters in the show. I own season 1 on dvd and I wish the other seasons get released soon. They shouldve gotten a proper series finale, but atleast they lasted 5 seasons.
  • This show was hilarious. It's ashame that they cancelled. We didn't even get a final episode. They should bring the re-runs back.

I think the show was very funny. All the characters were funny. Marlon and Shawn did a great thing with this show. I think they should bring it back. Pops was hilarious. There are some things on here you just can't top. The Wayans Bros. was a really good show.
  • Seems like I'll love it

1st ep (09)
  • This is a good show to watch. It really makes me laugh. This is one of my favorite comedy show. This show is a classic. The characters is crazy on the stuff they do. I've watch just about all of the episodes. I can keep watch the same episode all day.

• My God i loved the wayans brothers, everything they did was so funny. i can remember every wednesday night on the wb watching that frog and the wayans next to it. every single episode was hilarious.

I will definitely miss the wayans brothers with pops and his bang bangs! shawn & marlon was too hilarious individuals. i don't know who wrote for them but it was so funny but, how it ended was so unfair to everyone. i hated how they ended. they didn't know it was going to end and no one else did ether. it wasn't even like an ending show it was just a regular funny show it the next week it wasn't any new one and then it just stoped. They've been making movies but the movies are just not the same as this show. it was an awesome show and i just wish someone who give them another show like this. i will definitely miss the show.
  • this show is funny

This show is very fun to see because most of the things in the show are funny or crazy.I watch this show all the time.Marlon and shawn bring life to this show wich makes me want to watch it.Most of the work they do involves comedy and making people laugh.You can really tell that they just want to make people laugh.Some things in this show are really unexpected.
  • The Wayans Brothers is sooooooo funny.

The Wayans Brothers Is soo funny. Everything about it makes me laugh. Especially Marlon. I was soooooooo glad when BET put it on. Anyways Marlon is a great actor and he is sooo funny. He acts soo retarted and hes jus plain hilarious. Anyone that disagrees with me is out of their minds. Anyways I jus plainly love that show. I hope you like it too cause its one of my favorites. Pops makes me laugh too. When he takes off his belt and chases his sons around. I die laughing when he does that anyways gotta go. Bye. Peace.
  • What do you mean you ain\'t got no jobs *itch

This show was very funny one of the best shows to hit the TV screen, it was very under rated and it shouldn\'t be. Marlon and Shawn Wayans were so funny in this show I would cry laughing. Pops was very funny to.If this show wasn\'t any good I am pretty sure it wouldn\'t come out on DVD but it is and it\'s a good thing. I love this show and will never forget it. I think the show was very funny. All the characters were funny. Marlon and Shawn did a great thing with this show. I think they should bring it back. Pops was hilarious. There are some things on here you just can\'t top. The Wayans Bros. was a really good show. The Wayans Bros. was a very good show. Their runs come on BET and I record every single one of the on my DVR. The was always funny even though some shows were very silly. Sometimes Marlon would go overboard every now and again but he was still funny. Shawn and John Witherspoon were great also. The show should have at least been able to have a final episode.
  • This is my favorite show and the most under rated tv show of all time!

This show was very funny one of the best shows to hit the tv screen, it was very under rated and it shouldn't be. Marlon and Shawn Wayns were so funny in this show I would cry laughing. Pops was very funny to.If this show wasn't any good I am pretty sure it wouldn't come out on dvd but it is and it's a good thing. I love this show and will never forget it.