The Wedding Bells

For Whom the Bells Toll (Pilot)

Aired Unknown Mar 07, 2007 on FOX

• I'm willing to give the series another chance.

The pilot seemed to be trying too hard. So much of the dialogue seemed pointless, or was said so rapidly that I didn't have enough time to figure out the point. I don't think I cared enough to figure out if there was a point. I didn't seem to be bothered by the rapid dialogue on "The West Wing". I don't know for sure if there is something different about how it's being done here. Maybe it's just bad acting.

I don't like the personalities of the older two wedding planners. Maybe it's just bad acting.

I guess I don't expect to see the characters involved in a particular wedding in future episodes so I don't seem to care about their problems. Or, I realize that no matter how many problems there are with the wedding that it really shouldn't matter afterward.

As a man, I am probably not the target audience for this show. As a man, when I attend a wedding the only thing I really care about is if the food is edible. I would say I'd like a band that isn't so loud that I can't hear people talking. So I guess I'll have a difficult time caring about the problems.

If any parts of this episode were supposed to be funny, and I guess parts were *supposed* to be, I was not cracking a smile until a small one 52 minutes in.

I try to avoid judging a series on its pilot. It was not bad enough to skip the second episode. But, based on the first episode, I'm not very hopeful. But maybe I should have more confidence that David E. Kelley will work out the bugs, unless the whole idea is beyond help.