The Wedding Bells

For Whom the Bells Toll (Pilot)

Aired Unknown Mar 07, 2007 on FOX

• The Wedding Bells must deal with all the antics that come with running a wedding planning business.

After watching Big Day and being tearful at its cancellation, I was very excited to see The Wedding Bells. The show did live up to the hype that Fox promoted.

It definitely could have been much more fast-paced, but this is the first episode, so we have to deal with back story and character development. As the series gets going, I think there will be a lot more funny moments.

That's not to say this episode was devoid of funny moments. It had several, especially the photo shoot David conducted with Amanda, the bride-to-be. There were some elements of slapstick I did particularly care for (Amanda's dress catching of fire, for example). There were a lot of good dialog exchanges and one-liners that made up for that though. The show could definitely be good, but I am afraid it will get canceled before it has a chance to really get going. At one hour, the show is long for a comedy. Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty are also one hour and able to keep the audience's attention. I think The Wedding Bells has the potential to be a comedy of that caliber.