It's official....show cancelled

stephanrogers

[1]Apr 3, 2007
    • level: 10

Check out the news here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mizz_afrikano

[2]Apr 3, 2007
    • level: 14
    it wasn't that good anyway...

i watched the first 3 episodes.. and am like ...naaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Phoenix911983

[3]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 9
    I disagree whole-heartedly this show was certainly original and deserved more of a chance....a big mistake for FOX

ER4life

[4]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 20
    I never actually sat down to watch a full episode, but my mother watched every episode, and she's extremely disappointed with FOX's decision to cancel the show.

moonshine_schat

[5]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 11
    I really like this show...what's up with this season? Too many shows canceled without much ado. Most don't even get a half season before getting canned. It's frustrating.

AndyCdn

[6]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 4

I'm disappointed but not surprised. Cancelling shows seems to be trendy these days and as a viewer I'm offended (see the rant on this subject in my blog).

Wedding Bells had enough variety in its cast and potential in its story for another Boston Legal. David E. Kelley's skill at bringing in guest stars for one or two episodes would have worked so well here. His penchant for inserting sudden and outrageous surprises (like the axed fingers in BL) would have had great scope in WB (like the burning bride). The sisters' different characters were well-conceived (though Sammy needed a little fleshing out, so to speak) and could have shown good development. Structurally, preparations leading to a climax is a natural dramatic arc, and we saw in the first three episodes how several stories could be interwoven, with each at different points of development (witness the blond Bobbseys).

The humour was generally good-natured and clever, if occasionally overdone (like the Sherri Shepherd rage). And "wedding planner person"? That got stale pretty fast.

I was looking forward to a show to take off from the ashes of Big Day, which I found hilarious (I've been a big Wendie Malick fan ever since Dream On). Not to be, I guess. Another good show succumbs to the witless execs.

proudmom147

[7]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 7

Wow!  I couldn't believe my ears when I heard that they were going to cancel The Wedding Bells!!!???!!!  I don't get into many tv shows but I really was excited to watch this one and I thought it was great!  It had just the right mix of everything! 

pandorasfilth

[8]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 4
    This show would have done a lot better if Fox hadn't put it on Friday night.  I'm disappointed that they cancelled this show.  I really like it.

dainamg

[9]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 6

We really shouldn't be surprised, though, this is classic FOX.  I have to remind myself NOT to get into any new FOX shows....oops, here, since I was really liking this show.  It started a little slow but was gaining great momentum.

I guess this is our 'problem' for enjoying something other than reality TV crap, though.  I heard they plan to replace Wedding Bells with a reality show called The Real Wedding Crashers...I think that's ridiculous. 

Really, giving a show only 5 episodes to attract millions of viewers isn't really a fair chance either...

playwriter

[10]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 10

I agree. I loved this show, to the point that I would watch it live, rather than later on the DVR.

Fresh writing, good casting, interesting plots and characters. Of course it got cancelled!

LincolnBurrows

[11]Apr 8, 2007

I guess Fox didn't think David E. Kelly should have two hit shows on at the same time.

Why canceling shows seems to be the new trend these days, I have no idea.

Mindark77

[12]Apr 10, 2007
    I am going to hate those peoples who are responsible for canceling shows. Everytime you get close to a series and start to fall into the story and start to like charakters, its canceld.

megnut

[13]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 5
    I wish they'd stop making great shows and then cancelling them. I always get so addicted and then a few weeks later full of dissapointment because the show(s) got canned. i should just give up on tv...

proudmom147

[14]Apr 15, 2007

So, I noticed on Friday that it wasn't on and Fox was playing some movie.  Does this mean that the show is canceled as of right now?  Don't we even get to see the rest of the episodes they have taped?  I was TOTALLY disappointed when I heard they were canceled but I guess I thought that was for next year and we would at least get to see the full episodes for one year.

I really missed it Friday!!  And guess what I got to watch instead?  WWE wrestling with my 8 year old!?!?  So much for mom getting the tv on Friday nights!!!

ndrose

[15]Apr 17, 2007
    sO AGGRAVATING I really enjoyed the show and it has hardly been on. Why cancel it so soon!??!?! Oh well, it goes with a long line of shows that I have liked that get canceled.

Sarah10106

[16]Apr 19, 2007
    • level: 16
    UGH!!! FOX irritates me the way they do that, get you hooked on a show and just cancel it! I am so mad right now!