The Wedding Bells Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

ODT - "Partly Cloudy, with a Chance of Disaster" (spoilers)

EJamison

[1]Mar 24, 2007
    • level: 17

Definitely worse than last week.  Generally boring.

I'm a guy and can't believe any guy would come up with Cedric's pronouncement of "soon" meaning within 6 years.  Did he explain where that time frame came from?  I suppose they're saving it for another episode.

I'm bad with names, but I just avoid saying the name.  Using terms like "oldest wedding planner", etc., makes Amanda just too unbelievable.  One of the sisters should say, "My name is ... SAY IT!  Say it AGAIN!  AGAIN!"  Maybe they're waiting until the next episode for that too.

Maybe, because it's more of a women's how, they want to build up the expectation.  Women seem to want that for some things.  Do they want it for elements of TV shows?  (I remember an episode of "Ally McBeal" (11/10/97)where Ally was instructing Georgia to savor her coffee.)

If this show had premiered in September, this episode probably would have made me drop the series because of all he other new series competing with it.  I seem to be more forgiving at this time of year.  I'll probably watch again next week.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marlonjones

[2]Mar 25, 2007
    • level: 16
    I thoroughly enjoyed it once again!
    And man, that Sammy (Sarah Jones) is a dime! One reason alone for me to watch

Though i agree with ya on the "unbelievable" angels...but this is a David E. Kelley show...it's to be expected...Ally McBeal (still watch the DVD's) was no exception...

do think the Amamda role is too much...Sherri Shepherd should be on the main credits, not Missi Pyle...
    still, i like this show a lot though this week was overall the least one of the three we've seen so far, true...

Sarah10106

[3]Mar 26, 2007
    • level: 16

I liked it, I love DeDe, I just like her personality, you know she's funny, Amanda however is getting on my nerves, I don't find it funny that she doesn't say their names. And I agree that Debbie (Sorry don't know the actresses name) should be in her place in the main characters,

On the Cedrick saying 6 years was soon, I think that was just funny, You know, Debbie was getting her hopes up, and it was 6 years, and also it's funny that someone would actually think that 6 years was "Soon" I think that was what that was all about, just for the humor kinda.

Over all though I love it, loved the episode love the show, and don't plan on quiting watching it.