The West Wing

Election Day (Part 1)

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Apr 02, 2006 on NBC

• Election Day arrives and Oh my good God did I just see what I think I saw........

Living in England and therefore getting episodes several months after they air in the US, I try my hardest to avoid as many spoilers as I can, so that I’m constantly surprised by what is going to happen. I’ve even been known to chase friends away carrying the TV Times as I’ve screamed “I don’t want to know, I don’t want to know!!” and then showered them with four letter words and fist fulls of pot pouri that my mother brought me, as they clearly ignore me.

Oh my giddy Aunt am I glad I managed to keep the narrative of this episode quiet.

Oh the whole I thought this was brilliant episode. It was funny and more importantly the tension and helplessness of the Election Day seemed to seep from the television screen. And it featured another Josh “explosion” which reminded me very much of my favourite episode ever Noel. He is so confident and controlled all the time; it’s nice to see his frailties from time to time.

Needless to say the whole Josh and Donna thing took me completely by surprise. I believe my mouth dropped open so much the cat nearly climbed in. But importantly I think it was handled well. As was the end. A tremendous episode. This is why I love this show.