The West Wing Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

7-22 "Tomorrow" May 14, 2006 (Series Finale)

Andrea28

[41]May 17, 2006
    • level: 9
    I saw your message RMM0383, I just felt the need to reiterate it since it is so surprising to me how little we pay attention to these things.

And Diodo I didn't really realize what he said until you pointed it out. That is so cute! I guess Martin's going to have a bit more time on his hands now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

absharpe

[42]May 17, 2006
    • level: 6
    I read an article talking about what Sheen was going to do after WW ends. He says he's going to do something he's always wanted to do, but never got around to:

He's going to college.

I'm not making this up. He's going to study marine biology or oceanography, something like that.

-abs

rmm0383

[43]May 17, 2006
    • level: 4
    I heard that too, absharpe...good for Martin!

edmorita

[44]May 18, 2006
    • level: 22
    Diogo22 wrote:
    have Barttlet thank the junior Staff made for a very good touching/funny scene. I believe that the read headed one is actually Martin's daughter or something, Rennee Estevez, which is Martin's real surname

The character's name was "Nancy" I loved Bartlet's line about telling her mom that he would be able to come to see her soon (Or something to that effect). Classic!

mermayd

[45]May 18, 2006
    • level: 19
    Just to add another thing: I wish there had been some big scene with Bartlett and his staff where he thanked them all for their hard work or something. Or they had met for a farewell drink.

Cannot believe there was not some scene with all the old-timers together. Criminal.

Especially since Josh and Donna both came visiting and Sam was there too.

edmorita

[46]May 18, 2006
    That would have been a great scene. Instead of Bartlet flying off into the sunset, they would show Bartlet walking into some small little hole in the wall pub, and pull up a chair at the bar next to Toby and the rest of the gang for a beer.
    Edited on 05/18/2006 5:52pm

kila177anja12o

[47]May 20, 2006
    • level: 23

I like it, but at the same time I felt cheated as I watched it because I was looking forward to having that special as a lead in. And I agree with those of you who said they would have preferred an ending scene with everyone together again. Leo's funeral doesn't count.

mermayd

[48]May 20, 2006
    • level: 19
    It was an episode where people had a bunch of private moments. TV drama is about at least two people interacting.

Doesn't make sense. i wish they had got Aaron Sorkin to write the farewell episode!

Diogo22

[49]May 21, 2006
    • level: 15
    they probably asked, but he couldn't be bothered with it. by his own admission he stopped watching the show, and besides he must be busy writting studio 60, assuming of course that he will continue to write every script of every tv show he produces. I do believe he must have been pleased with the addition of Alan Alda to the cast, since Alan was one of the few actors on the short list to play Barttlet, I'm not sure he was pleased with Jimmy smits addition. it seemed to me that, although he lost the election in the end the character of vinnick was better fleshed out than santos. we mostly saw Santos through Josh during the campaign, and although they tried to show a couple of Santos qualities in the last couple of episodes, he seemed more one dimensional than Vinnick at the best of times

AlanShore

[50]May 23, 2006
    • level: 3
    I agree...Santos seemed way too much like "Mr. Perfect." Vinick was more realistic.

And Alan Alda deserves credit for playing a Republican who wasn't a gross, inaccurate caricature (like Governor Ritchie).

BigRedNev

[51]May 23, 2006

AlanShore wrote:
    And Alan Alda deserves credit for playing a Republican

Quite agree, especially given his Sheen like political allegiances.

Edited on 05/23/2006 2:58pm

shui3

[52]May 22, 2007
    • level: 9

I only wish Vinick and Santos switched parties.
    Vinick as Liberal would be perfect, the character had good ideas but because of the party's conservatism, he couldn't speak them openly. I hope there are republicans like that in real life. I agree that Santos seemed way too perfect, but the show didn't last long enough to learn his flaws.

I was also hoping for Toby-Bartlet conversation anywhere in the last episode, but sadly it never happened.
    Oh,well...they had good 7 season, not many shows can keep up so long.

Kalah_

[53]May 23, 2007
    • level: 4
    Vinick is an illustration of a moderate/liberal Republican, and there are quite a few of those. As depicted also in earlier episodes ("On theday before" (Royce), "Angel maintenance" (Landis)), the show also points out the fact that dealing with moderate Republicans is a lot easier than dealing with extreme flanks of their own party.

sonatine97

[54]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 1
    The ending was ok I guess; a little bit too sugary at the end with Mr & Mrs B flying off into the sunset. I also thought the re-introduction of Sam was a wasted opportunity: a couple of lines and a few seconds of screentime just doesn't work for me and quite honestly I wish they hadn't bothered if that's the best they can do.

Much as I liked Santos I didn't want him to win (I know it was the writers' original intention of Vinnick winning prior to the death of Spencer). Santos is all goody-two-shoes with the lovely wife and the Nuclear family and a heart bigger than a pumpkin. But he just didn't seem all that convincing to me. Give me Vinnick (with Josh as CoS) anytime

Yes, it would've been good if the old gang had met up somewhere, sitting round a table with a few beers and playing a game of poker. What a lost opportunity