The West Wing Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

Funniest Moments

Zane829

[21]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 1
    Soo many funny moments in this show... a ton have already been mentioned, but I'll throw in one more: all the people making fun of CJ in "Bad Moon Rising." "I saw Lizzie Proctor speaking with the Devil!"

Also, I've been trying to remember for a while where I saw the scene with Danny and the president where Danny thinks that giving Charlie dating advice will help get the president to like him more. Anyone remember?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Diogo22

[22]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 15
    it's from season 1, when Charlie was mad with Zoey because she told him they couldn't go to some party because they'd be seen together. than, Danny gives him advice, tells the president, and on his 30 minutes on the reccord the president gives him some half serious remark about teaching Charlie how to score with his daughter...

cookaberry

[23]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 12
    yeah i remember that. and I love the CJ thing, at first i didn't get it, but then I read the crucible, and the next time i saw it i could not stop laughing. also donna in that episode teasing cj is pretty amazing.

TWWFAN

[24]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 3
    In the episode in this white house (I think) ainsley has just met leo for the first time and she starts rambling about how nice margret is and that she had been offered a drink to which leo replies "I'm sure she'll like that" then bangs the door and margret yells ouch.

Kalah_

[25]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 4
    The absolute funniest moment for me is episode 14 of sesaon 1 ("Take this sabbath day"), when Josh lies drunk in his office after having been at a bachelor party the previous day... 

reillychica

[26]Mar 12, 2007
    Kalah_ wrote:
    The absolute funniest moment for me is episode 14 of sesaon 1 ("Take this sabbath day"), when Josh lies drunk in his office after having been at a bachelor party the previous day...

Yes! I love when Josh first meets Joey Lucas in that fisherman's outfit half-drunk!

Kalah_

[27]Mar 12, 2007
    "Are you gonna listen to me from now on?"
    "I'm not even listening to you now..."
    "I SAID, ARE YOU GONNA..."
    "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!"

ebroyr2

[28]Mar 29, 2007
    • level: 10

I just skimmed this thread, but didn't see this mentioned. When Jed takes 2 types of painkillers for his back and is high when trying to sort out Toby's stock problems.

That scene is absolutely hilarious.

Jed: "I'm seriously considering getting a dog"

Leo: "Well, feel better Mr President."

Classic moment! Not the best moment of the series, but certainly the first classic comedic of the entire run!

Edited on 03/29/2007 8:23am

alice_lou

[29]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 2

I absolutely love the episode where Danny asks CJ what she'd do to have him and she leads him on!!

Couldn't stop me laughing when i first saw that

Kalah_

[30]Apr 3, 2007

Here's another one from the very end of the series... when Josh tries to get Sam back to the White House.

"I can do begging. Humiliation is not beneath me. I'm prepared to debase myself until you submit. Just get on a plane! Nothing's irrevocable. If you hate it, they have return flights. Don't make me wait, they're gonna find me in a fetal position, sucking my thumb." 

moonkittenk

[31]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 7
    When Josh's therapist told him to stand with his back flat against the wall to relax and Donna throws the door open and it hits him in the face.

Kalah_

[32]Apr 24, 2007
    ... and when she leaves again, having told J that the lord Marbury is the new ambassador, and he says he needs to stand up against the wall some more, she throws the door open a bit harder than usual on purpose.

heraclesuk

[33]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 2
    For me the funniest episode and its Toby involved is when he is made to go to write the eulogy for President Lassiter. The build up where he is going on about the ex-cabinet members (on the phone to Josh). Then when he hits the bottle and sings whilst talking to Donna on the phone from the aeroplane, It really cracks me up.

ebroyr2

[34]Apr 25, 2007
    • level: 10
    heraclesuk wrote:
    For me the funniest episode and its Toby involved is when he is made to go to write the eulogy for President Lassiter. The build up where he is going on about the ex-cabinet members (on the phone to Josh). Then when he hits the bottle and sings whilst talking to Donna on the phone from the aeroplane, It really cracks me up.

"why are we descending, the plane it's going down." Donna "Charlie, is he singing" "I don't think so!"

JoeyinOz

[35]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 5
    I've been reading and laughing through all of these posts - is WW the best show or what; is there no genre it doesn't touch on?

Anywho, my favourite funny moment is also when President Bartlet was high on pain killers.

Kalah_

[36]Apr 30, 2007

Just remembered another one from season 7, when Josh hears the rumour that Vinick has a cold:

"I wanna send him some Vicks vapo rub and a big German nurse!"   

BKuncle

[37]May 3, 2007
    alethe16 wrote:

Lastly, I love when Ainsley Hayes met the President when she was dancing around in her office in a bathrobe because she'd sat in paint; When she goes to meet him again, she gets nervous beforehand and asks Leo if she can use his bathroom, and proceeds to walk into a closet, only to have the President call her out of it.

And the President's reply - "They won't let me smoke in the building and you get to pee in Leo's closet"

friendfan13

[38]May 29, 2007
    • level: 8
    When Bartlet is on the phone with the butter ball hotline in season 3. Then he makes up an address and name. That cracks me up every time i watch it.

Kalah_

[39]May 30, 2007

Ooh, and here's another Bartlet on the phone:

"There are BIG signs, you CAN'T park there! They should get towed! I hope they get towed to Queens and the Triboro's closed and there's a big crafts show at Shea, a flea market, or a tractor show!" 

moonkittenk

[40]May 31, 2007
    • level: 7
    After Toby explains the rubber ball to Will. Will throws the ball and shatters the window. They're just standing there lookign at each other, and someone asks, "Has that ever happened before?"