The West Wing Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

Hindsight / Feelings

bmoshier

[1]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 47

The West Wing again ended today on Bravo with the airring of 7x22 (Tomorrow). Again I'm left sad and wanting. Sad to see a great cast and series leave the air and wanting more of the excitment I've come to have and expect.

With hindsight it is (for me) wonderful to see and compare Santos and Obama. Having a Santos West Wing series on today would be so cool.

Anyway, anyone else out there have feelings still to this day about The West Wing (and also look at this forum)?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sdherl

[2]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 1
    Agree so very much one of THE BEST drama TV cast ever for prime time
    the ratings had not tanked or even came close so I understand in no way as to the reasoning they used to cancel the show. just like NBC in every way any other day in finding all the successful shows and janking the plug for no reason other than opening the time slot to insert junk like kings and well you get the picture. no though or respect for their actual viewers feelings.

sfchemist

[3]Jul 13, 2009
    • level: 7

Yeah, I've just finished rewatching S7 on DVD and I'm also left wanting more. It had to come to a end at some point and the end of Bartlet's second term was a good place to finish it. Maybe a couple more glimpses into the future would have satisfied me more, there was a few minutes at the beginning of ep 701 The Ticket but it wasn't quiet enough. Strangely, when I finish watching S6 and S7, I never want to go straight back to the beginning, the difference in tone is just too great and jarring.

I would love to see more but I don't think it's going to happen so I will just have to continue finding solace in fanfiction......

hmnut7

[4]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 12
    I don't think the show could have lasted too long as "the Santos years" so maybe it was better to end the series with Bartlet saying good bye. But I do think they owed it to the fans to give a lot more closer to their characters. They should have made the last episode (or part of that episode) at least finishing up the into to first episode intro of season 7 and we see we see a little bit more about what these people are doing with their lives post White House. Also giving a glismp into the what Santos had too deal with as President.