The West Wing Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

Movie?

Angelofattitude

[1]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 6

"The Ticket" Starts three years in the future, do you think there could be a movie based around that 3 years in the future and the opening of President Bartlet's Library??

I personally would love to see a movie just to follow up on the loose ends left by the last episode, yes we know Danny and CJ are together, and apparently have a child. But what about Donna and Josh, what ended up becoming of Toby and did Sam finally get married?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

friendfan13

[2]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 8
    yeah i would love that idea of a movie based on the opening of "the ticket". it would really tie up those loose ends of the finale

moonkittenk

[3]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 7
    There are a lot of unanswered questions. It would be awesome if they would answer some of them. I still wish they would have told us if Charlie ever proposed to Zoey...

JoeyinOz

[4]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 5

hell yes!! That would be awesome. The problem is getting the actors to come back, when a lot of them have already moved on to other projects.

I'd love it, but I don't think it will happen.

Edited on 10/08/2008 6:43pm

Angelofattitude

[5]Oct 16, 2008
    But that is just it... if it is a movie, it is a 6 week shoot at most (hey they used to shoot an ep a week) Easier then trying to get a new series and could possibly be fitted around their other projects.

Angelofattitude

[6]Oct 19, 2008
    I have decided on what my ultimate WW reunion movie would be... they are starting the Santos re-election campaign and Donna discovers she is pregnant, so she and Josh decide to get married, which they plan on doing very low key due to the fact they are in election mode, Santos & Sam find out and call Jed, who then starts getting the whole gang together for a surprise wedding, all the while to keep Josh out of the loop they pretend they are in town to help with the campaign. I know it will never happen but hey it sounds like a good idea doesn't it??
    Barring that I would like to see the start of "The Ticket" be revisited.

locuta

[7]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 2

I really would like to see a story with a lot more content than just THAT!

I just want to see Bartlet back in the Oval Office again. Never felt much for Santos (I mean, he's just a cheap copy of Obama anyway, hehe).

The problem is: how to do that, since you're only allowed to serve two terms? There must be some loophole that would make it possible for Santos to get rid of that rule, and then Santos dies or something for whatever reason, so Bartlet is running again, because whoever it was that replaced Leo as VP is screwing up as president. And he/she is doing that SO badly, that not only Bartlet, but also the rest of the staff wants to come back to fix everything. So there must be some very serious plot development that triggers all that. Some national disaster. Hell, here's just more resemblance of real life: the person screwing up could easily be based on George W Bush, and the problem at hand could be an economic crisis that could even be intertwined with some terror threat or whatever. Nowadays, this is what staying close to reality comes down to...!

(who needs James Bond to save the world if you have Jed Bartlet?)

What's next?

Bule1101

[8]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 10
    locuta wrote:

I really would like to see a story with a lot more content than just THAT!

I just want to see Bartlet back in the Oval Office again. Never felt much for Santos (I mean, he's just a cheap copy of Obama anyway, hehe).

The problem is: how to do that, since you're only allowed to serve two terms? There must be some loophole that would make it possible for Santos to get rid of that rule, and then Santos dies or something for whatever reason, so Bartlet is running again, because whoever it was that replaced Leo as VP is screwing up as president. And he/she is doing that SO badly, that not only Bartlet, but also the rest of the staff wants to come back to fix everything. So there must be some very serious plot development that triggers all that. Some national disaster. Hell, here's just more resemblance of real life: the person screwing up could easily be based on George W Bush, and the problem at hand could be an economic crisis that could even be intertwined with some terror threat or whatever. Nowadays, this is what staying close to reality comes down to...!

(who needs James Bond to save the world if you have Jed Bartlet?)

What's next?

This is more 24 than TWW in my taste...

supercin721

[9]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 30
    Why not a Sam Seaborn running? In Season 3, Bartlett says to Sam..."you're going to be president one day." What if they show Santos running for reelection with Sam as his running mate and then something happening, placing Sam at the top and then the reunion rallies around that. I don't think any of the actors are in need of a tv movie but in four years it might be time.

Angelofattitude

[10]Jan 12, 2009
    Oh I like that one.

scififan12921

[11]Jan 19, 2009
    Like the Sam running idea, I sill miss this show and rewatch the series on DVD at least twice a year. There just aren't that many great dramas with the writing like that around anymore. Really bugs me that they never answer the Charlie/Zoey question!