The West Wing Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

Why was Mallory so mad at Sam?

hmnut7

[1]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 12

why was Mallory so mad at Sam?

In the episode "Galileo" Mallory meets Sam and says she was mad at Sam because she saw the picture of Sam with the call girl.

However, if you recall, Mallory first met Sam in the White House and Sam mentions that he just slept with a call girl. Then the following weeks when Josh takes Charlie out for drinks she tags along and says Josh needs to bring Sam because she wants to talk to Sam some more. So although she knows Sam has slept with a call girl she seems to have no problem spending time with Sam because he slept with a call girl.

So why when he simply has a picture taken with a call girl is she very upset about it?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lovemj

[2]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 14
    All I can think is that maybe there was a scene in a prior episode during season 2 where Sam is seen with the call girl and gets his picture taken...a scene that was maybe cut before it finally aired.

The only reason I think that is - Mallory finds out about the issue early in the first season. It would make sense that she'd be mad if Sam was still seeing the call girl a year later...that's all I can come up with.

hmnut7

[3]Dec 14, 2009
    • level: 12
    I guess that works.

As much as I love the West Wing I do think they have a lot of unresolved storylines.Or storylines with huge unexplained gaps between on thing and the next.