The West Wing

Somebody's Going to Emergency, Somebody's Going to Jail

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 28, 2001 on NBC

• The things you're sure of.

Well not being an Eagles fan that title was a bit misleading, lol. The crazies were back in force for Leo's big block of cheese day. What I love about them is that they always have a valid point to make(well maybe not the DC statehood guys), but it gets drowned out by them taking it into a bizarre direction. Last season with the wolves only road way and this season with the, well...

CJ: "I'm meeting with the Organization of Cartographers for Social Equality? What do map makers have to do with social equality?"
    Leo: "I guess you're about to find out."
    CJ: "Well probably not, because I won't really be listening to them."

The entire scene where Leo's handing out the assignments was great. Especially Margaret letting everyone know she put no thought into who received which assignment and Toby's illustrious history of protesting.

Josh: "How the hell old were you when you were protesting?"
    Toby: "My sisters took me. (Everyone snickers) Anyone have a problem with that!?"
    Leo: "No one has a problem with that!"

His scenes at the WTO were also hilarious.

Sam's plot involving Donna and her friend provided some excellent drama. I felt really bad for Sam, to find out his dad was having an affair for 28 years is pretty rough. On top of that to find out a guy he had thought was innocent, at least since his thesis at Princeton, turns out to be guilty of treason and responsible for the death of at least one woman, added up to a pretty bad day for Sam. His scene in the stairwell with Donna was incredibly well acted and written. TWW, and especially this episode, have definitely changed my feelings on Rob Lowe. he's convincing in every emotion he displays.

Giving these a number rating really is getting pointless for me. They are just varying degrees of excellence.