The West Wing

The Short List

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Nov 24, 1999 on NBC

• A drug report surfaces about the White House staff.

I thought that this was a great episode with good stoylines. I thought that it was a little two faced of the U.S. government to say that drugs are bad then to have a report surface saying the one third of the staff of the Whit House uses drugs. I thought that it was wrong of who ever had the press confrence about it because he was trying to go after Leo because of a pill addiction he had a few years back. I thought that it was funny to see the president have his mind made up on a supreme court nominee because of his stand on privacy rights.
  • The Short List.

In the 9th episode of the first season of the hit TV show The West Wing Titled. The Short List.. The West Wing Staff and President Bartlet try to find a nominee for the Supreme Court. There First choice turns out to be the wrong choice for the job on the court. A congressman makes allegations that The White House staff has problems of substance abuse. I thought the episode was really good and not bad not bad all the stories of the episode work out nicely and none of it was boring my overall rainting is 10 out 10.
  • The Gang That Can't Shoot Straight.

Just when you think they got a win, it gets stripped away. Toby summed it up pretty well,

"We've been doing this for a year and all we've gotten is a year older. Our job approval rating is 48%, and I think that number's soft. And I'm tired of being the field captain for the gang that couldn't shoot straight!"

Felt bad for Josh having to become the White House's internal drug czar. Leo's confession was a shocker, definitely didn't see that coming. Don't see how it could get much worse, though at least they saved the situation as best they could giving the nom. to Mendoza.

Haven't mentioned Danny(Timothy Busfield) yet, for which I feel ashamed. He was one of my favorite characters on S60 and I think I like him even more on TWW. I swear that guy was born just to deliver Sorkin dialogue. Also don't mind the romantic stuff with CJ since thus far it's all taken place in the office and hasn't taken away from the main plot(s).
  • Another busy day in White House

Another episode with good tempo and surprises. The main trouble seems to be a candidate for nominee to the Supreme Court. They think they have perfect man but then it comes out he wrote something when he was younger that does not fit so much. Some of the staff are mad as they have the information but noone else has it and he is better in their view of point than other candidates. But the rally who to nominee is not the only problem. Someone says that every third person in White House use drugs. CJ is mad and tries to find out where that information came, Josh is somehow acting weird but he figures out what the problem is - it is Leo who used bills once. But president ensures - he is not going to leave and give up because this. Leo is good man and they will fight!