The White Shadow

Vanity Fare

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Jan 06, 1981 on CBS

2.4
  • After watching this, you really get a sense of why this season wasn't released on DVD.

2.4
    I am a big White Shadow fan. And, after watching seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, I, like many other fans, just naturally assumed season 3 would follow. Then, the months went by. No news on it. I first started to rationalize it by thinking that seasons 1 and 2 weren't big sellers and that maybe there just aren't too many of us (White Shadow fans) out there.

Well, I purchased some recorded copies of Season 3 (with all compliments to the provider, thanks) and, while I enjoy seeing the old episodes, I'm afraid I have to be impartial as a reviewer. Translation: most of the episodes in this season really stink and this is probably the worst of them!

First of all, who lied to Salami and told him he could sing? Or that Jesse Mitchell character? It's like the producers said, hey, nothing else is working, let's bring back the shower singing! Problem is, the best voices are all either gone (Reese) or dead (Jackson). And, to add insult to injury, Reeves humiliates himself by putting his paunchy, two-years-retired body back into his Bulls uniform and tries to do COMMERCIALS? Is he THAT desperate for money?

From then on, this show was basically on life support until the bitter end.