The Whole Truth Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

disapointed

aloyoon

[1]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 7

i saw the promo for the show along time ago so i knew what to expect and i said i will give it a chance because of Joely Richardson was in it and it looked great so imagine my surprise when i found Maura Tierney instead i love her too but i spent the whole hour thinking about how bad she look with that hair cut didn't like her at all, if you saw the promo with Joely Richardson you are probably disappointed like me with Maura Tierney bad choose for replacement

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bluejayfusion

[2]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 16

I agree completely.

I wasn't really feeling Tierney as the main character and I feel that the butch hairdo probably has a lot to do with it... well, that and her character is kind of a b****. I mean, I dunno about anyone else, but I was surprised to find myself rooting for the defense attorneys.

Also disappointed that Christine Adams is a defense attorney and not a prosecutor. Her character didn't do much for me either- she seemed kind of like a kiss-up. Worse yet, no British accent.

Unless this show picks up, I might wind up watching Law & Order: Los Angeles on Wednesday instead.

carlyy226

[3]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 6

before you go dissing an actress you clearly know nothing about you might be interested to know that she is recovering from breast cancer and chemo and LOST HER HAIR. not much she can do about the haircut. she was the best part about the pilot, she has depth and humor. Rob Morrow was a frat boy. I expected them to go for shock value in the end of the pilot and have the guy be innocent. This show is very similar to The Practice but in a good way. We need to give it a chance before completely dismissing it, most series improve after the pilot.

Michael231

[4]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 12

In case you guys forgot she was undergoing treatment for Breast cancer that is why she left Parenthood. It is obvious she went through chemotherapy and with that she lost her hair and it is beginning to grow back. I like you saw the promos with Joely Richardson and she was brilliant. She was very convincing for this role and played it with a passion, her performance in that promo alone was enough for me to raise this up as my top priorty in new shows to watch. When she opted out do to family issues I was saddened. But at the same time she had lost her sister and her aunt in just a few months apart. She has the right to greive. When Maura took the role I was loving it but seeing the promo she was not convincing nor did she have the attitude of the role that Joely Richardson brought to it. I am going to continue to stick by this show, as I thought the pilot was pretty good.

aloyoon

[5]Sep 23, 2010
    i didn't know about her cancer sorry ,i hope she will be ok ,i loved her in ER she was great but i still have to say she is not fit for this rule if you compare her acting in the pilot with Joely Richardson in the promo she suck sorry but its the truth

TylerA46

[6]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 11

Tierney aside, this looks to be a terrible show, with unlikeable characters. I like almost all legal dramas, but this was just awful.

babyshan211

[7]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 1

I personally like the show so far and in the case of Maura Tierney she had cancer and that's why she has that hair cut. Just thought u should know.

aloyoon

[8]Sep 23, 2010
    about the show itself its really not engaging or entertaining i don't see any thing that's unique about the show ,the way they view the case i didn't know what was the point we either want the defense attorney win because he is fighting for the truth and his client is not guilty or the defense attorney just don't care if his client guilty or not and he do whatever it take to clear his client but to have a case that the prosecutor win and the guy is actually guilty is not cool idea at all if he wasn't guilty that would have been better in my opinion i really don't expect this show will last for 5 episodes its the first episode and i don't want to know anything else about the show it don't matter to me, the pilot should make you want to know what happen next any way will give it another chance next week and see what happen

aloyoon

[9]Sep 23, 2010
    i just saw the rating for the Premiere and it seem the show will get cancel very soon the rating is very bad its even bad than most of the CW shows

The Whole Truth : 1.5/4 in 18-49 Rating/Sh , total 4.91 Millions Viewers

novasheep

[10]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 2

breast cancer or not it's called a hairpiece... Yeah i know this movie magic is amysteriousthing.

soccermom

[11]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 11
    I hope that ABC would give it a chance. Its different than the usual legal eagle tacts taken.

martinema

[12]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 4

Show reminds me a lot of Law and Order Trail by jury. It is a decent show that may last because it is up aginst very weak shows in other networks IE: The Defenders and Law and Order LA.

bluejayfusion

[13]Sep 23, 2010
    • level: 16

I think its premature to say that the 'Defenders' and 'L&O: Los Angeles' are weak competition. I have heard some positive reviews of the 'Defenders' and LOLA has some pretty amazing casting. I'll wait to see Law and Order before deciding which dog to go with.

sasilik

[14]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 8

As I can sympathize with persons recovery from illness and personal problems but it is no excuse in movie world. If you are not up to perform then you shouldn't be there. I can't go watch TV series or movie and do in same time background research for every actor so that I can relate to him/her if he performs badly or in a ways not expected. But about series, it was also a kind of disappointment. You get glimpses from one side, another side and at the end I was left with the feeling that I didn't get the case at all. The case just didn't unravel at all. There was case, evidence and then there were two sides who used them without really advancing to somewhere. Maybe I watch the another episode but I am not quite sure.

haldrey

[15]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 22
    Not disappointed at all, although the pilot was a bit rough the show is different and will grow up. Glad too see one Numbers alumni back, wonder what all the others are doing.

Yaspaa

[16]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 79
    haldrey wrote:
    Not disappointed at all, although the pilot was a bit rough the show is different and will grow up. Glad too see one Numbers alumni back, wonder what all the others are doing.

Totally agree and Maura Tierney is a great actress, her hair will grow.

JUDGE-JUDY

[17]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 2

So only because of her hair she isn't a good actress? please, Joely Richards doesn't have the experience that Maura has. She may not have the best hair style but she sure does know how to do a role. For me she was great and I hope she is recasted for LOLA because I want to keep watching her in a legal show.

Edited on 09/24/2010 2:32pm

EJamison

[18]Sep 24, 2010
    • level: 17

In most legal dramas you supposedly know which side you are rooting for. In this show, you are sort of a member of the jury, but you don't get to participate in the jury room discussion. So, in the end, I don't seem to care if the person is convicted or not.

mistical

[19]Sep 25, 2010
    • level: 5
    I agree with EJamison, after thinking about it, I felt as if I was apart of the jury and that it really did not matter what side ended up winning.

But I will admit that I am not a big fan of the show so far. I love Rob Marrow, especially to see him again so soon after his previous show Numb3rs ending at the beginning of the year. I am not a fan of his character, how he acts and talks in this show. Maybe it is just me? Either way I like him as an actor, just not so much his role in this show.

I do not see this show lasting long, especially from the low ratings someone mentioned. I loved The Defenders, so I hope that show lasts over this one for sure. I have not had time to watch Law and Order: LA yet though.

Side Question: Does anyone want to fill me in with what happened at the ending of the 1st (Pilot) episode? Where the daughter of the defender opens up a notebook and a cross with blood falls out? Much appreciated if you could enlighten me. I have an idea, I just am not sure...

LEFant44

[20]Sep 25, 2010

During the trial, they said the killer scratched the Chinese character on the victim with her crucifix and that the crucifix had never been found. How they came to that conclusion, I don't know, but, when the daughter found it with blood on it, she knew her father was guilty.