The Wiggles

Daily 4:30 PM on NBC Premiered Mar 01, 2002 In Season

Angus_Mac

The Wiggles Fan Reviews (41)

• What's with the four Star Trek guys with the silly songs and big smiles?

First of all, this show is for toddlers and pre-schoolers. If you're not one or the parent of one, why are you watching this show?

My first impression of the Wiggles was that the Star Trek guys were doing a kiddie show in Australia. You have the yellow shirt leader Greg, his science officer in the blue-shirt Anthony, a red-shirt engineer Murray, and there's a purple-shirt Asian guy named Jeff.

Well, since then they've become mandatory viewing in the household for anyone who has toddlers. They just LOVE watching the Wiggles. These guys really know how to entertain with their addictive rhymes and dances that even a one-year old would want to follow along. And their songs are original, unlike Barney's stealing old nursery rhymes and rewriting the lyrics. Your kids can learn about Barney later anyway.

There's also a slew of mascots: Captain Feathersword as a friendly pirate who adds a bunch of humor and talent, Dorothy the Dinosaur with a young lady's voice and infectious giggle, Henry the Octopus who looks like a purple light bulb, and Wags the Dog - who doesn't like smart-alec dogs?

They're not targeting anyone going through K-12 or college, so if you're in that demographic and not babysitting toddlers, why watch?

But if you're a parent, and don't want to turn into a vegetable from watching Baby Einstein videos, or are concerned about the inappropriate content of other kids cartoons, give this a shot. Most episodes in the series are self-contained so they can be watched in any order, and there are plenty of episodes airing daily on Disney not to get bored. You might even find yourself dancing along and singing "rock a bye your bear", "hot potato" or "fruit salad (yummy yummy)". Eventually, you'll be taking your little ones to a live concert, that is, if you can land tickets.

My reservations about this TV show is that there isn't much new material shown on Disney, so until they air new TV episodes, you might be shocked when you find there are even more songs you've never heard before that they are promoting in Videos and other places. Also the Lights, Camera, Action, Wiggles format is fairly structured so it might be mundane for those who don't like routine.

Still, it's getting a perfect 10 because my little ones wouldn't have it any other way.
  • I loved this show back then & i still do today.

The Wiggles is one of faves. The songs are awesome, the humor is hilarious, & my favorite character is Captain Feathersword. Capt. Feathersword is my favorite character because of all the sketches he does with Wags. My favorite part of the show was Captain Featherswords Pirate Show. I always loved that part. If you like humor, & music then this show's for you.
  • Even though I've outgrown all baby stuff, I still like listening and watching The Wiggles.

Even though I've outgrown baby stuff, I still like listening and watching The Wiggles. I've enjoyed The Wiggles ever since I was born. I still have heaps of VHS tapes of them, even one dating back to 1994! I like the fact that The Wiggles aren't just a kiddies group, they actually promote healthy living/lifestyle. In some of their songs they say to eat fruit and vegetables and you'll feel strong. Not only that, but as well they are all Catholics which when at Christmas, The Wiggles sing beautiful Christmas carols as well. The songs The Wiggles have aren't just for the kiddies but adults too. You'll find that The Wiggles' songs are very much enjoyed by adults and teenagers. I know everyone has been carrying on about how bad The Wiggles have gotton since Greg left but that's life. The show must go on and for Sam Moran as the new Yellow wiggle: He is doing a great job. Keep it up Sam!

The Wiggles are:
    Murray Cook (the Red Wiggle)
    Anthony Field (the Blue Wiggle)
    Jeff Fatt (the Purple Wiggle)
    and
    Sam Moran (the Yellow Wiggle who replaced Greg Page, the original Yellow wiggle)
  • Excellent show ever

No show is as good as this with learning and singing! Greatest thing ever since the first car!
    It takes great guys like these to make a funny show abiut fun and songs. The live concert footage, and songs are usually the best to see them perform for their fans!
  • The Wiggles are a great show for kids and I highly recommend it to other parents.

The Wiggles is a wonderful kids show and has so many positives to it. For one thing the show educates children through song. I also like the fact that 3 or the Wiggles have degrees in Early Childhood Education. It's like having 3 teachers in the comfort of your own home. I love the colors they use, their very bright and all the characters are funny and active and just so child friendly. This show is very underappreciated here in the U.S. but they must be doing something right because they've been on in Austriala for 10 years. Keep Wiggling.
  • Real awesome show for the youngsters.

And to think I used to not like this show! Sure, it may be annoying to older people like me, but at least a lot of the kids love it! Believe me, like some others, I used to hate this show, too. I thought it was really annoying, especially with people like Dorothy the Dinosaur and Wags the Dog. But now I just have the urge want to wiggle along every time it comes on. My little cousins love it as well. I have to say, my favorite character out of all of them is Captain Feathersword, because first of all, pirates are cool, and he is hilarious! So overall, the Wiggles is a much better choice for your kids than Barney, Teletubbies (even though I don't think it's that bad), or any other lame show, especially Boohbah.
  • My Bro watches this

The Wiggles is my three year old brothers favourite show. I have seen some episodes and think they are pretty cool. When I first heard about what happened to the yellow wiggle, Greg, I felt so sorry for him and his family. It must be a really hard time for them as they are looking out for him, so it dosent get any worse. I hope that he gets better soon as he is really cool. I read in an interview with the wiggles that Greg actually didnt want to be the yellow wiggle, he wanted to be the blue.
  • The Wiggles provide pleasant, upbeat music, antics and little life lessons for pre-schoolers

The continuing worldwide appeal of these 4 Aussies speaks for itself. Since 1998, The Wiggles have been entertaining children everywhere that English is spoken.

Their music is pleasant and easy to listen to over and over again - which is a good thing if you are a parent of a baby, toddler or pre-schooler.

The Wiggles' manner is polite and straightforward and the show moves along nicely. My little boy has been a fan for over 2 years and just turned 3.
  • I just have to write a review of The Wiggles because they help me get through my day - by making my 2 1/2 year old so completely happy!

I never in a million years thought I'd appreciate The Wiggles. I am a serious TV addict - and pretty secure in my love of broadcast primetime programming. So why write about a cable kids show? My 2 1/2 year old son is completely in love with the 4 Aussie guys in their colorful skivvies. And for that I am elated. I just had a new baby girl, and sometimes I just need a few minutes to take care of her. Turn on that DVR where I recorded my secret weapon, The Wiggles, and I get a good 20 minutes! This is the ONLY show he'll watch. I have to give them credit too, their show seems mainly comprised of excerpts from their DVDs and their live shows interspersed with skits by Captain Feather Swords Pirate Crew and the "Little Wiggles." The actual Wiggles themselves shot very little new material for the show. Genius! Sure some criticize for this, but my POV is that if the kids are happy, who am I to complain? The smile on my son's face, and all the cute little dances they "taught" him are so adorable. The songs are catchy and not as annoying as many other kid's shows. They teach and a goofy and sly way, but don't get preachy. I'd like a little more original material, but hey like I said, from a 2 year old's POV, it's all good. Let's Get Ready To Wiggle!
  • Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, JUST STOP THE MUSIC!

I never got into The Wiggles as a little kid, and never showed interest in the videos. I did get one video for my sixth birthday (it was from one of my dad's friends who didn't know what I liked), and I think I watched it once. Then mom put it on for my little brother when he was one (she was sick of Barney) and he loved them. He had the toys, CDs, coloring books, and MILLIONS of videos/DVDs. I remember once when they were having a concert in our state, and mom and dad made me go with them with my bro, because, being seven, I couldn't stay home by myself (unless mom was running to the mini-mart down the road). Dad didn't want to go either, but mom dragged him along with me. The week before the concert, mom took me and my bro to the mall to buy us Wiggles T-shirts. I wanted to get one with Ren & Stimpy on it, but mom made me get one with The Wiggles on it. And she got my brother one to match, because she thought it was "cute". Um...is being laughed at by your entire second-grade class cute? (The concert was on a monday night). Well, the music drives me nuts. I remember when we were in the car and I was listening to my Powerpuff Girls CD on my headphones (no iPod yet). The batteries died, and I was stuck listening to the Wiggles on the main radio the rest of the day. Oi. The DVDs/Videos are just as bad. My bro had them on all the time when he was little. I'd be on Neopets and I'd hear the stupid songs coming from the living room. The worst one was "Yummy Yummy", because that DVD didn't have a main menu, so once it ended, it replayed. That got annoying once when my bro had it on and it repeated over five times. This started to drive me and my parents crazy.

By the time he was two, he started to get sick of them. He started watching KaBlam! with me on Nicktoons around that time, and sadly, he got more into Barney.

The Wiggles, to me, have very annoying songs, and the background characters, like that green female Barney the dinosaur, that freaky looking dog and octopus, as well as the stupid pirate, were even worse. It gets worse when the videos and DVDs are being watched five times a day. If you have a bad headache, don't watch this show. And there's nothing really educational anyway in this show! You only learn one thing: how to make a headache worse.
  • This show is endearing and it makes my laugh.

The Wiggles rock! In a world wear kids are growing up faster and faster and expected to behave as little adults - a show as childish and harmless as The Wiggles is a breath of fresh air. I find it entertaining as well. The kids grow out of it - I never will ;-)
  • i think its a great show

i think it is a great show for kids my 2 year old daughter she watches there dvd movies all day long keeps her quiet and still she loves them i think it is a perfect show for little kids.i also think its a learning thing to cause the show is mostly about sing and its helping my daughter learn more words every day she tries to sing with the words its so cute
  • The wiggles Is a great show for the children to watch!

The wiggles Have great songs.. I always used to watch them on the disney channel. And I had alot of the videos. It was easy to learn all the songs and the dances that they do on their videos. It is too bad that one of the wiggles is leaving the show. It just wont be the same. It is great that the show teaches children alot of things such as shapes colors and body parts with their songs. I know that the wiggles were always something that I looked forward to watching.My favorite songs was Heanry and the underwater band!
  • You simply must dance along to this show. It is the only way to watch! The dances are really fun, and the songs are addictive too. These people rock, and the show is pretty great too.

I love some of their videos better than the episodes; but the show really is very good. They do a few dances each episode, and they also do some other skits to entertain the viewers between songs (because constant dancing would get tiring, wouldn't it?); the whole episodes are worth watching. I'm not really sure what's going on with this show now that Mister Page (the yellow-shirt dude) is gone though. Regardless, I would definitely consider The Wiggles to be the best band ever. Their songs are wonderfully addictive, the dance moves are usually really fun too (some songs are better with freestyle, in my opinion), and the random other stuff the Wiggles (and their friends) do isn't bad either!
  • This, like many other kid's shows, is really strange but it's not meant for adults. My family enjoys it.

The Wiggles is a really fun show for kids. They love the bright colors and catchy tunes. This show is totally weird from an adult perspective, but try and abandon that while you watch and you'll see that is is kind of fun. Singing, dancing, cute characters...that is what the Wiggles are about. They are a great kid's music group. You can feel comfortable letting your children watch, not having to worry about offensive language and adult themes in the songs. This is also why The Wiggles sell out concerts. Its fun for children to have a group they can go to see live. It gives them the experience of live music at an early age with easy songs they can sing along to.
  • my 2 year old loves this show

kids love songs..and this show surly has lots of it, educational and intertaining..i'd rather see this show than barney!! if you don't like barney then this show is a better alternative. the charachters are simple and fun to watch for small children.not as annoying as some of the other shows out there.
  • It's great for preschoolers.

I don't really like this show, but I guarantee that preschoolers will love it! They have 4 colorful wiggles that sing and dance that will make preschoolers wiggle their body. It also have other characters like a purple octopus, a green dinosaur, a pirate, a dog and other characters. It doesn't just teach kids to wiggle, it sometimes teaches them imagination, sharing, and other things. The little ones will laugh at this as The Wiggles wiggle their heart out. The songs are great for kids and they will be sure to dance to them. Recommended for ages 3 to 6.
  • This is a fun show for kids--my daughter loves watching it and loves to dance along.

I only recently discovered The Wiggles, but I think it's great--mainly because my 16-month-old daughter loves it. It holds her attention, and it INVOLVES her. She dances along and really participates. Anytime TV gets children up and moving, actively participating rather than just passively watching, is a good thing in my book. I think Greg, Jeff, Anthony, and Murray really do a good job of staying bright and energetic, and they look like they are enjoying themselves. The reviewer who commented that this show was neither fun nor educational is incorrect. It is fun for my daughter to dance along to the music (and it's fun for me to watch her doing it). And physical movement is part of public schools education program--it's called PHYSICAL education.
  • Live shows beat TV anyday

7.6
    The live shows of the Wiggles are so much better than the TV show. I have seen them live 3 times (I think) - they came out to central Queensland and my mother was organising their show for our town. Sorry - I digress

As a children's show and music group, you can't go past the Wiggles. They beat High 5 hands down. The people who knock them obviously aren't their target audience - the preschool-age and under. They have good, catchy tunes, and educate children at the same time - their background in early childhood education really shows.

Quotes from Spicks and Specks when Murray was on:
    Kate Cebrano: You have stolen my child's love from me!
    Alan Brough: Seriously though, what sort of mother asks her child to come away from the television when The Wiggles are one?
  • Hey, It's betetr then Barney!

5.2
    Disney is showing various versions of ' The Wiggles ' now a days but when it comes down to it, the first series was by far the best. The show was fun and educational.
    Like most things, We brought greg, anthony, maury, and jeff ( and of course captin feathersword) to the USA and destroyed a classic show. The first change is when the Door became a total jerk and started demanding people do math problems in order enter, and Dorthy became a little more obnoxious.
    Today, The wiggles have taken yet another new concept by having puppets of themselves and also having children acting as little versions of the stars.
  • The songs they sing are alright.

I do have to say, that although this show is for little kids, the songs that they sing are pretty good. They're quite catchy. The songs are WAY better than songs that are on some other children shows like Dora the Explorer and Barney and Friends or Barney Treehouse Friends or whatever it's called now. The Wiggles' song aren't half bad. Sometimes I think it's a little weird that four grown men are doing this kind of show and sometimes I think it's a little creepy. And I'm not implying anything either.

To sum up, the songs they sing aren't bad. Some of it is acutally pretty good.
  • Let's see.

4.5
    The band is actually pretty good. It's the characters who tick me off. Especially Dorothy.

Here are my ratings:

Music: Okay

Band members: Good

Characters: Horrible

Concerts: Fair

Attitude: Okay

Comments. Good band members, HORRIBLE CHARACTERS!!!! PLEASE IMPROVE!!!

Overall Performance: Fair

Final Decision: Okay show!
  • Wigglehouse

It sure would be nice if somebody wanted to create a Wigglehouse DVD on this page. You see, Wigglehouse is the Wiggles' home resident first seen in "The Wiggles Movie". In fact, the king rolling on the grass at the end of the last track "Roll the Acrobats" is Jeff Fatt, a former purple Wiggle. I'll show you examples.

9tohoj40Y&hd=1 - "Who's in the Wigglehouse?" 0AJ7GGcqis - Jeff cameos at the end of this last song. 1nhLI - This version lasts longer than the video.
  • Awesome group, awesome show

This foursome never fails. So what if they have new members now? Some people may say that The Wiggles have gone downhill because of this, but I say that The Wiggles are still excellent at what they do best, which is singing, dancing, and wiggling.
  • Wiggles

My little grandson whom is autistic loves this show we try to pick up the dvd's when we see them although they are getting harder to find so my prayer is that they will keep them on the Internet . Thank You So Much
  • Better Than Bad ITS GOOD

This Is So Good Better Than Bad Its Good Yellow Red Purple Blue I Think Murray Is The Best Fruit Salad Yummy Yummy Hot Potato Is Everybody,s Favorite Song But Likes Another Song I Love Quack Quack And Fruit Salad I Have All Their Videos In My Collection For Real
    The Best Is They Sing So All You Haters Go Away Or You Will Pay For Saying You Hate The Wiggles Again And Again I Have A DVD With Both Yellow Wiggles If I Had A Youtube Account I Would Upload It I Will Make It July 30th.
    Thanks Guys Bye
  • Pleasant sing-along for the very young set.

6.2
    This is an Australian show with a cast of singers and funny creature sidekicks. They lead the audience in cute little dance numbers, which should keep the viewer's interest as well as get the kids to exercise. It's very simple, but that's fine for the pre-school audience for which this is probably intended. The animal friend characters are fun to watch, and the songs are all cheerful and paced just right. The jokes and songs are also fairly universal in focus, so audiences outside of Australia won't have too much trouble picking up on the themes. This is a good show for parents to watch with young kids.
  • I personally don't like it, but many little kids do.

6.1
    In my opinion, I don't really like this show, but I'm sure most younger kids will like it. The problems are easy enough for really young children. The three Australian guys, Murry, Greg, and the others sing songs and live in a house with a talking door, a talking green dinosaur, and more. Although many little adoring kids will love this show, it is DEFINITELY not for anyone older than maybe eight year olds, some might say a little younger. Most older kids will not like this show because it seems too silly, but that's just older kids. I encourage younger children to watch this if they like silly funny songs, but do not encourage it to those who are older and more mature.
  • This show is very mediocre, but hey it's not such a bad show compared to other little kid shows.

This show isn't as bad as I originally made it out to be, but it's still not that great either. The songs are somewhat catchy, but the lyrics are really cheesy, and most of the times they're about food which isn't very educational in my opinion. Well I suppose this show is supposed to entertain kids much rather than educate them. It can be tedious to get past a song in the episodes sometimes. The backround music is good, the sets are good and colorful, the characters are okay but the only ones I can't stand are Dorothy and Wags. The older episodes are better, but the show started to go downhill ever since the most recent seasons. This show isn't really anything special, but it's much better than Barney and Caillou I must say.
  • The new "Wiggles Show" episodes are complete rubbish.

Unlike a lot of people, I always liked The Wiggles. I found the show to be great, campy fun, and the guys seemed to be having a great time.

The newest episodes, carrying the new title "The Wiggles Show," however, are absolutely awful.

First, it appears that they shot basic videos for their songs in a few different locations, and then edited them together to create virtually the same video for each song.

Dorothy the Dinosaur is apparently too good to do anything interesting as well, as she now introduces "Dancing with Dorothy," which is inappropriately named as the band dancers do the instructing and dancing.

Now, let's come to by far the worst part of the new episodes - the Little Wiggles. First, let me say that if it was one of my children in this segment, I'd think it was the cutest thing ever and would be going on about how great it is. I think that's the problem. These kids are obviously related to TPTB, who can't see what a train wreck the segment is.

The resulting segments are what we used to call "hot death on a plate" in the theatre. The line readings are completely flat and stilted, the singing is terrible, and the kids seem bored by it all. My toddler feels the same way, as he invariably finds something else to do when this segment comes on.

I understand that these are children. I'm not expecting Poitier, but they should've gone out and gotten actual child actors for the segment instead of relatives. It's not the kids' fault that the segments are so bad, and I hope that I don't come off as bashing them. They're just kids. It's purely the fault of TPTB for putting them in such a horrid position.

The Wiggles make their money touring and not from TV. Unfortunately, they realized this, and it seems that they stopped putting any effort into their on-air product.

Luckily for everybody involved, the old episodes, which I still consider to be great fun, are still aired.
< 1 2