The Wiggles

Daily 4:30 PM on NBC Premiered Mar 01, 2002 In Season

Angus_Mac

The Wiggles Fan Reviews (41)

• I just have to write a review of The Wiggles because they help me get through my day - by making my 2 1/2 year old so completely happy!

I never in a million years thought I'd appreciate The Wiggles. I am a serious TV addict - and pretty secure in my love of broadcast primetime programming. So why write about a cable kids show? My 2 1/2 year old son is completely in love with the 4 Aussie guys in their colorful skivvies. And for that I am elated. I just had a new baby girl, and sometimes I just need a few minutes to take care of her. Turn on that DVR where I recorded my secret weapon, The Wiggles, and I get a good 20 minutes! This is the ONLY show he'll watch. I have to give them credit too, their show seems mainly comprised of excerpts from their DVDs and their live shows interspersed with skits by Captain Feather Swords Pirate Crew and the "Little Wiggles." The actual Wiggles themselves shot very little new material for the show. Genius! Sure some criticize for this, but my POV is that if the kids are happy, who am I to complain? The smile on my son's face, and all the cute little dances they "taught" him are so adorable. The songs are catchy and not as annoying as many other kid's shows. They teach and a goofy and sly way, but don't get preachy. I'd like a little more original material, but hey like I said, from a 2 year old's POV, it's all good. Let's Get Ready To Wiggle!