DVD Release

Trapper05

[1]Apr 2, 2006
    • level: 24
    Did anyone see that they are FINALLY releasing the first season of The Wild Wild West on DVD? I know Columbia has had them out on DVD for a while but this DVD collection you get the whole season rather than having to buy fifty million DVD's, Columbia sells three episodes a DVD, to get all the episodes. I know where my Christmas money is going this year.

Trapper05
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lobomensch

[2]Apr 6, 2006
    • level: 51
    Yes, have been tracking the progress of this on TVShowsondvd.com -- Amazon seems to have the best pre-order price so far, here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ERVJKO/qid=1144369262/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-9752252-7840731?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=dvd&v=glance&n=130

Am looking forward to this, haven't seen any episodes of it in 25 years now.

LostFan05

[3]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 5

I just got the DVD set today. Here is some of the features that are on the DVD's:

*Robert Conrad audio intros

*lost original opening

*Ross Martin sketch

*Audio interviews

*Photo galleries

*And More!

I loved this show growing up, and can't wait to see the episodes with the diabolical Dr. Loveless.

terrydelph

[4]Jun 10, 2006

At last, The Wild Wild West Season One has arrived on DVD!!! It has been a wonderful experience reliving the show in the order it originally aired. I especially enjoy Robert Conrad’s audio introduction to each episode.

CaptainCaputo

[5]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 7
    whens season two coming?

LostFan05

[6]Dec 1, 2006

CaptainCaputo wrote:
    whens season two coming?

Season two is scheduled to be released in March of 2007.

Trapper05

[7]Dec 2, 2006
    The official date is March 20th 2007!  I can't wait!

Trapper05

[8]Dec 15, 2006
    Today I saw the cover art for The Wild Wild West DVD Set for season 2. I personally like it, but I wanted to know what others felt about it. Below is the link to the cover art...let me know what you think!  

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B000LE16Y4/ref=s9_asin_image_1/103-2395701-1250249

terrydelph

[9]Feb 7, 2007
    I really like The Wild Wild West Season Two Cover. The way the artist houses the two heros between their pistols alludes the teamwork we see in each episode. And I like the "In Color" phrase at the bottom of the cover. It harkens back to the days when color tv shows were actually introduced with those words.

LostFan05

[10]Mar 20, 2007
    Season two comes out today. I'll be picking mine up tomorrow. I can't wait!

jamoon2006

[11]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 36

Picked mine up during my lunch hour today. Set looks great, and I can't wait to get home and take the first disc for a spin. Wish Paramount had kept up the extras (I loved the audio intros and other features on the Season 1 set), but it's great that they're releasing more episodes.

One minor complaint - it's only Jim on the disc art. Would have been nice to see Artie too!

daraystudio

[12]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 2
    Just got season 2 today. I love this show, but for some reason  I just couldn;t get into season 1 in B&W. I am watching the first show of season 2 in color and it's is just like I remember. Guess I never saw it in B&W.
    Disappointed with the laxk of special feature, but oh well, just glad to have the show on DVD. Can;t wait to have all 4 seasons in my colection.

P.S. The restoration on season 1&2 is AMAZING. The restoration on mission imposible season one is just as good.

terrydelph

[13]Mar 23, 2007
      OH MY!!!  Seeing season 2 in such clarity is amazing!

Cpt_Berns

[14]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 4

A week ago, I bought the DVD box of the entire series. 4 seasons plus two reunion TV movies plus lots of extrasin just one box. Every episode ends with the Paramount logo but the box was released in France by TF1video. I bought in in Belgium. All episodes can be watched in original version with French subtitles. Unfortunately those subtitles can only be switched-off on DVD players that have the user prohibitions disabled.For most episodes a French dubbed version is available (oh the horror) and for the episodes where that dubbed versionisn't available there are warnings on screen in the menus. People are also warned in the ads wherever the box is sold that not all episodes are available dubbed in French. However, the French seem to find it unnesserary to warn potentional buyers that the two reunion movies are NOT available in the original version. It's not even mentioned on screen in the menues. I am most unhappy with that fact. I am able to watch all the episodes in the original version, I am able to switch the subtitles off on all episodes but I can't watch the two reunion movies (The Wild Wild West Revisited and More Wild Wild West) with the original sound.

On the other hand, I'm happy to have all 104 episodes of the series and to be able to watch them with the original sound minus the subtitles before seasons 3 and 4 are even available in the States.

Now if I could only find the reunion movies with original sound.

jamoon2006

[15]Jul 20, 2007
    With the complete series already released overseas, I hope that means we can expect a Season 3 release in the U.S. before 2007 is over. Anyone hear any rumors about a planned release?

Wiseguy70005

[16]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 14
    terrydelph wrote:

At last, The Wild Wild West Season One has arrived on DVD!!! It has been a wonderful experience reliving the show in the order it originally aired.

It would have been better to see the episodes in production order to see the program evolve from a straight western to a more fanciful adventure series. Networks show episodes in any order they wish, sometimes arbitrarily, why does that order matter?

Trapper05

[17]Oct 16, 2007

Anyone who is not aware of it yet, Season Three of The Wild Wild West will be released on November 20th. Below is a link leading to the cover art of The Wild Wild West Season Three...tell me what you think ( I personally like it!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000UX6TKC/ref=dp_image_text_0/104-8645562-4023127?ie=UTF8&n=130&s=dvd

Trapper05

jamoon2006

[18]Oct 25, 2007
    I like the cover art - but I miss the Robert Conrad audio intros and other extras from the Season 1 release. At least the picture and audio quality on these releases have been top-notch so far!

jamoon2006

[19]Nov 27, 2007

Well, Season 3 just came out last week, but today Paramount announced that Season 4 will be released on March 18! No word yet on whether this set will include the two reunion movies.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wild-Wild-West-Season-4/8512

Trapper05

[20]Nov 27, 2007
    Thanks for the info! I can't wait until I own the whole series. Please keep us posted!

Thanks again!!