This Show Annoyed Me So Much But I Had to Watch!

pirategennie

[1]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 10

Yeah first of all Conrad was wooden.  TIghtly packed into his outfit, mind, but wooden, and that just ruined him for me.  Then the directing, lordy, what miserable direction, with continuity errors all over the place, and the same set every week... so why was I absolutely COMPELLED to watch this stuff?  ROSS MARTIN is why!  He was fabulous no matter how stupid the script was; you could do whatever you wanted with the set, and he was still great.  Tightly packed into his costume?  Well, not the way Conrad was.  But who cared?  He could actually ACT, and persisted in doing so!

Then there was on happy occasion Michael Dunn.  He was a true master.  There wasn't any ridiculous line he couldn't say and make you utterly believe.  I'd have watched just for him.

So there you have it.  I am definitely a one-sided WWW fan.  But a fan I remain.

g

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mad_Buck

[2]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 79
    In what other show could you see Richard Pryor and Don Rickles in dramatic roles as villains?

pirategennie

[3]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 10

Mad_Buck wrote:
    In what other show could you see Richard Pryor and Don Rickles in dramatic roles as villains?

indeed!  compelling!  a true guilty pleasure.

g

Wolf825

[4]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 1

Mad_Buck wrote:

Not a dramatic role, but Don Rickles did play a villain in F Troop.

daisyduke71

[5]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 14
    I liked the show just the way it was Rober Conrad was great as James West and Artie was good too.

archangelwho

[6]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 18
    I was willing to put up with the negatives because it mixed sci-fi with the old west and there was not much in the way of sci-fi at the time. Beside as a kid and our limited options in tv back then the negatives did not stand out as much as they do today.
    Edited on 07/11/2009 7:28am

thunderdeed

[7]Dec 20, 2009
    • level: 7

Yes, This show was the most predictable show I have ever watched. We all knew that the last section of the opening credits it froze the scene of the train pulling away (at least 9 out of 10 times). But now matter what I allways wanted to get home from shopping with my grandmother on Fri. night to watch it. One thing I finaly noticed that I did not before every eposide began with "night of" . That was wild