The Winner Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

A Mess-Up

KWatt89

[1]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 16

On the episode, "Hot For The Teacher", they showed the Outside of the Video store and all on the windows had posters of new movies. Like Cars, Clerks 2, Little Man, John Tucker Must Die. I think they could've did better by doing something to hide them so it actually makes it look like it is supposed to be in 1994.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

andyatuc

[2]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 11
    Actually, from the inside the posters outside were Jaws and Toys, both movies released closer to 1994. I always get confused at how that store from the outside actually looks like that on the inside, it's kinda confusing sometimes...

sparky672

[3]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 2
    andyatuc wrote:
    Actually, from the inside the posters outside were Jaws and Toys, both movies released closer to 1994. I always get confused at how that store from the outside actually looks like that on the inside, it's kinda confusing sometimes...

Jaws was originally released in 1975... not that close to 1994.

The show's just as sloppy as it is unfunny.

TimWidhalm

[4]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 10

sparky672 wrote:
    andyatuc wrote:
    Jaws was originally released in 1975... not that close to 1994. The show's just as sloppy as it is unfunny.

Sparky stop saying how this show is so sloppy, every show has its goofs, look at the Office they have goofs to but you don't see anyone pointing them out.

sparky672

[5]Mar 19, 2007
    TimWidhalm wrote:

sparky672 wrote:
    andyatuc wrote:
    Jaws was originally released in 1975... not that close to 1994. The show's just as sloppy as it is unfunny.

Sparky stop saying how this show is so sloppy, every show has its goofs, look at the Office they have goofs to but you don't see anyone pointing them out.

I'll say whatever I want... The Winner is sloppy.

But I never noticed any goofs for The Office probably because I was too busy laughing my ass off.

BabyKitten199

[6]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 7
    sparky672 wrote:
    TimWidhalm wrote:

sparky672 wrote:
    andyatuc wrote:

I'll say whatever I want... The Winner is sloppy. But I never noticed any goofs for The Office probably because I was too busy laughing my ass off.

Intesting comment considering "The Office" is one of the sloppiest shows on TV right now (as well as unfunny) & I'm always too busy laughing my a$$ off at "The Winner" to notice the inconsistencies in the video store

sparky672

[7]Mar 19, 2007
    BabyKitten199 wrote:
    sparky672 wrote:
    TimWidhalm wrote:

sparky672 wrote:
    andyatuc wrote:

I'll say whatever I want... The Winner is sloppy. But I never noticed any goofs for The Office probably because I was too busy laughing my ass off.

Intesting comment considering "The Office" is one of the sloppiest shows on TV right now (as well as unfunny) & I'm always too busy laughing my a$$ off at "The Winner" to notice the inconsistencies in the video store.

Good for you! We're all free to enjoy whatever we wish until cancellation day.

You go enjoy all six episodes of The Winner on DVD.

I'll enjoy new episodes of The Office as it heads into it's fourth season.

Sound like a plan?

Deznaj

[8]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 6

The only goofs I noticed are you guys...

Both shows are OK in my book. The Office has already proven itself, but in the beginning people didn't expect it too (because it was just a 1 on 1 rip-off of the UK version). The same may happen with The Winner. The show has a good cast and it seems to be working. And people ARE talking about it. So what if it's critisism: Family Guy is mouthed off all the time, but it's one of the biggest shows right now.

andyatuc

[9]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 11
    sparky672 wrote:
    andyatuc wrote:

I never said that Jaws was released IN 1994, just closer to 1994, which is obviously true since 1975 is CLOSER to 1994 than it is to 2007. I might've been a little unclear but there's no reason to use my post as a reason to flame the show. C'mon...

deadguy35

[10]Mar 24, 2007

andyatuc wrote:
    sparky672 wrote:
    andyatuc wrote:
    I never said that Jaws was released IN 1994, just closer to 1994, which is obviously true since 1975 is CLOSER to 1994 than it is to 2007. I might've been a little unclear but there's no reason to use my post as a reason to flame the show. C'mon...

You're still very unclear, and what really needs to be flamed is your arithmetic.

1975 was 19 years before 1994.

2007 is 13 years after 1994.

We're not even talking about polynomials, derivatives, or indefinite integrals here.

sparky672

[11]Mar 24, 2007
    andyatuc wrote:
    sparky672 wrote:
    andyatuc wrote:

I don't need your post as an excuse to flame this former Fox "sitcom".... I've been flaming it for a couple weeks already.

sparky672

[14]Mar 25, 2007
    TimWidhalm wrote:

sparky672 wrote:
    andyatuc wrote:
    sparky672 wrote:
    andyatuc wrote:
    I don't need your post as an excuse to flame this former Fox "sitcom".... I've been flaming it for a couple weeks already.

Sparky I think you need to stop being such a dee dee dee and learn how to read as well.  You said this was a former fox sitcom, hmmm sounds like someone is illiterate because does tv.com say it's canelled umm no, it says that this show is On Hiatus/TBD which means they haven't decided if they are going to bring it back or not.   How can we even listen to what what you say now considering your about as smart as the average 2nd grader, and your about as lazy as them as them too considering you can't even find your own original avatar you have to use one that tv.com has premade, seriously how lame is that.

How is it you know so much about "average" 2nd graders? Do you spend a lot of "personal" time with them?

I'm calling this a "former" show because that is MY opinion. Last time I checked I was still allowed to post opinions about shows here.

Do I hurt your feelings that much by slamming this show? You shouldn't give anyone that much power over your stunted emotions, so get over it... you'll be a happier person.

BTW- My avatar has been Jim from The Office since I joined. Yours is tight-ass Dwight from The Office. Both avatars are pre-made by TV.com, so WTF are you even talking about?
    Edited on 03/25/2007 8:08am
    Edited 2 total times.

sparky672

[16]Mar 25, 2007
    andyatuc wrote:
    sparky672 wrote:
    andyatuc wrote:

And a movie released in 1998 is also closer to 1994 than 2007. So what?

It's still a goof.