TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The Winner Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Rob Corddry is better than this.

Kabal13

[1]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 3
    This show felt like travelling back in time to the 90's - and not because of the storyline. I actually thought a few moments in the first episode were funny but that laugh track is so obnoxious. I might as well be watching Married with Children or something.

I thought we were past having to be told when to laugh, but apparently we're not.

Oh well, maybe he'll get a non-sucky show when this one dies. It took Steve Carell a few goes too
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drumdog86

[2]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    If FOX puts this show against a Bush speech,no one will watch.

Water78

[3]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 47
    I agree Rob will probably have an other try when this show ends.

facetious_t

[4]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 1
    Do you have any proof that he's better than this?  This is pretty much how he acted on his correspondence pieces on the Daily Show.  I don't see him doing any better at acting anywhere else.

Kabal13

[5]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 3
    I don't think theres anything wrong with the way he is playing it. It's just a poor idea for a show, ruined by an extremely obnoxious laugh track.

pesatyel

[6]Mar 11, 2007
    facetious_t wrote:
    Do you have any proof that he's better than this?  This is pretty much how he acted on his correspondence pieces on the Daily Show.  I don't see him doing any better at acting anywhere else.

Some people are meant for lead roles, others are meant for supporting roles.

Guess which one Corddry fits....

KappaPsi

[7]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 9
    it kinda erks me too that they put him in a role SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO simlilar to Steve Carells in 40 Year Old Virgin. Not the same thing but close enough that you can argue it. It was almost like they were thought hey it worked for steve, maybe itl work for rob too. Its kinda sad that his brother Nate has a better chance then Rob with the show Studio 60. thatyl teach him to go with fox lol. I love the daily show and i was always a fan of Rob, but i think he missed the mark on this one. its definilty funny at times, but i think it woulda been better as a skit on SNL or Mad Tv or something, then a whole sitcom, im gonna still give it a chance but im really hoping they step it up because personally i do think hes better than this.

skott215

[8]Mar 14, 2007
    im going to say the same thing to all of you it seems like most of you haven't even watched though the first 2 episods get over your selfs. you will like it it is funny and clever and it like most shows gets better with each episode. I just watched the whole season from i-tunes and it is now one of my favorite shows. actualy watch 2-3 episodes and then give your crit. Rob is the perfect person for this part he fits so well.

mp34mp

[9]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 16
    skott215 wrote:
    im going to say the same thing to all of you it seems like most of you haven't even watched though the first 2 episods get over your selfs. you will like it it is funny and clever and it like most shows gets better with each episode. I just watched the whole season from i-tunes and it is now one of my favorite shows. actualy watch 2-3 episodes and then give your crit. Rob is the perfect person for this part he fits so well.

No adult would write something like this, or use the term "your selfs". It's "yourselves". I think we just found out what kind of audience this show appeals to.

anthonyd46

[10]Mar 15, 2007
    • level: 6
    this show is done already??????????/

**SEASON FINALE** - THE WINNER
    Visit the THE WINNER web site

GLEN GETS A LESSON IN LOVE
    ON THE SEASON FINALE OF “THE WINNER”
    SUNDAY, MARCH 18, ON FOX

Katey Sagal Guest-Stars

When Glen poses as Josh's "dad" for a parent-teacher conference, he comes face-to-face with his old homeroom teacher, Miss Burko (guest star Katey Sagal), who ends up giving him a private, albeit very belated, lesson in love in the “Hot for Teacher” episode of THE WINNER Sunday, March 18 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (WIN-106) (TV-14; D, L, S) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

Cast: Rob Corddry as Glen Abbott; Erinn Hayes as Alison Miller; Kier Gilchrist as Josh Miller; Lenny Clarke as Ron Abbott; and Linda Hart as Irene Abbott.

Guest Cast: Katey Sagal as Miss Burko.

well only good thing about this us war at home fans get a new episode on the 18th instead of having to wait for the 25th plus a bonus episode at 7pm nice

skott215

[11]Mar 17, 2007
    No need to be an jerk. I don't go around making fun of peoples I.Q.'s. we all make mistakes. Sorry I was in a rush when I wrote my last post. So are you saying that poor spellers will like the show?

TimWidhalm

[12]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 10

anthonyd46 wrote:
    this show is done already??????????/ **SEASON FINALE** - THE WINNER Visit the THE WINNER web site GLEN GETS A LESSON IN LOVE ON THE SEASON FINALE OF “THE WINNER” SUNDAY, MARCH 18, ON FOX Katey Sagal Guest-Stars When Glen poses as Josh's "dad" for a parent-teacher conference, he comes face-to-face with his old homeroom teacher, Miss Burko (guest star Katey Sagal), who ends up giving him a private, albeit very belated, lesson in love in the “Hot for Teacher” episode of THE WINNER Sunday, March 18 (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (WIN-106) (TV-14; D, L, S) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1 Cast: Rob Corddry as Glen Abbott; Erinn Hayes as Alison Miller; Kier Gilchrist as Josh Miller; Lenny Clarke as Ron Abbott; and Linda Hart as Irene Abbott. Guest Cast: Katey Sagal as Miss Burko. well only good thing about this us war at home fans get a new episode on the 18th instead of having to wait for the 25th plus a bonus episode at 7pm nice

Almost every single show only has around 6 episodes for the 1st season to see how the audience responds, and a lot of people seem to like this show just see some of the reviews a lot of critics love it so it will defintetly be back next season

Edited on 03/17/2007 6:59pm

mp34mp

[13]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 16
    skott215 wrote:
    No need to be an jerk. I don't go around making fun of peoples I.Q.'s. we all make mistakes. Sorry I was in a rush when I wrote my last post. So are you saying that poor spellers will like the show?

That and fans of "The War At Home".

skott215

[14]Mar 20, 2007
    I hate the War at Home. I don't need a new married with children.