The Winner Forums

FOX (ended 2007)

Sitcoms on Fox

facetious_t

[1]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    This show isn't very good and I don't see it lasting very long.  Fox doesn't do a very good job with sitcoms.  They should stick to drama and cartoons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hound562

[2]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 4
    I liked it a lot, but I agree they should get rid of the audience laughing.

sparky672

[3]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    facetious_t wrote:
    This show isn't very good and I don't see it lasting very long.  Fox doesn't do a very good job with sitcoms.  They should stick to drama and cartoons.

Malcom in the Middle or That 70's Show weren't too bad... but I guess you're right, I can't think of too many others.

It was so bad, I doubt The Winner will even play out all six episodes, IMHO.

facetious_t

[4]Mar 4, 2007
    I didn't notice the excessive laugh track until someone pointed it out on here.  Now I can't get past it.  Is it like this on the War at Home too?

sparky672

[5]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    Anyone remember "Get a Life" with Chris Elliot, Jr.?

Also a show about a dead end loser (a 30 yr. old paper-boy)

The good old days at Fox... now that show was funny.

justinwestnet

[6]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 17
    The show had its moments, but it wasn't that amazing. I will probably watch the second episode before I decide if it sucks. The laugh track thing was annoying, but so were the freaking predictable jokes! For example, the part where they're talking about Clinton has a new president. Hmmmn, what could they possibly say about him to make the people laugh? Seth Macfarlane dissapointed me here. I think Family Guy only really works because of the random flashbacks.

PerfectDark0Fan

[7]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 18
    Fox need to cancel all of their non animated comedies like The Winner, Til Death, and The War At Home". Fox also needs to stop giving Seth Macfaland so many shows, yeah Family Guy is the second most watched show on Fox Sunday but he dosent really earn more then creaters like Matt Groening, David Shore, Joel Surnow & Robert Cochran who have more popular shows.
    Edited on 03/05/2007 12:55pm

Bengle288

[8]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 5
    Married W/ Children, Bernie Mac, Grounded For Life...........Andy Richter Controls The Universe ( it was on for more than 1 season, but yea its a strech.)

italian_bella10

[9]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 10

sparky672 wrote:
    Anyone remember "Get a Life" with Chris Elliot, Jr.? Also a show about a dead end loser (a 30 yr. old paper-boy) The good old days at Fox... now that show was funny.

aww i love chris elliot haha espiecally when he was on "Raymond" 

Edited on 03/05/2007 5:00pm

Water78

[10]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 47
    PerfectDark0Fan wrote:
    Fox need to cancel all of their non animated comedies like The Winner, Til Death, and The War At Home". Fox also needs to stop giving Seth Macfaland so many shows, yeah Family Guy is the second most watched show on Fox Sunday but he dosent really earn more then creaters like Matt Groening, David Shore, Joel Surnow & Robert Cochran who have more popular shows.

They should get rid of the winner and til death they really arent that funny.But the War at home its moments.

homeydaclown

[11]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 13
    I don't give new shows a chance espcially on FOX but when I was watching it. It had me laughing. I don't know about the laugh track b/c I don't pay attention to things like that but the show has me waiting for more episodes. At first I didn't think I was gonna like the show b/c it said the creators of Family Guy and I'm not a big fan of it but I was pleased at what I saw.

facetious_t

[12]Mar 7, 2007

Don't get me wrong, I had a few laughs from an episode of any given FOX sitcom.  But let's be serious.  Compared to other networks' sitcoms, FOX can't compete.  Also, is the same producer on every single show?  They all seem to have the same style and camera angles/shots.  There's no variation in style with these shows.  I could be watching the War at Home, turn around, come back to the tv with the Winner on and it would look like the same show...just different characters.

FOX just needs to fire whoever they have that gives the 'okay' for these shows.  That and stop trusting MacFarlane so much.  Everything he touches doesn't turn to gold.  Family Guy is good and he is an amazing voice actor...but that's about it.

PerfectDark0Fan

[13]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 18
    facetious_t wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I had a few laughs from an episode of any given FOX sitcom.  But let's be serious.  Compared to other networks' sitcoms, FOX can't compete.  Also, is the same producer on every single show?  They all seem to have the same style and camera angles/shots.  There's no variation in style with these shows.  I could be watching the War at Home, turn around, come back to the tv with the Winner on and it would look like the same show...just different characters.

FOX just needs to fire whoever they have that gives the 'okay' for these shows.  That and stop trusting MacFarlane so much.  Everything he touches doesn't turn to gold.  Family Guy is good and he is an amazing voice actor...but that's about it.

Very true, Seth Macfarlands best known show Family Guy has lost its touch since it came back. Fox needs to stop giving there terrible sitcoms so much chances. I mean Fox is so stupid more then 13 episodes for Til Death without the pulics agreement with the show and the show is failing hard in ratings so Fox is doing to most of its doomed shows by putting it after Idol. Why not give a more diserving show like Justice a chance. Oh Justice lost to Heros, which even 24 has a though time beating. Fox really needs to strain themselves out by stop giving medeocre shows chances.

Clarity77

[14]Apr 23, 2007
    facetious_t wrote:
    Okay so it wasn't the best show in the world but come on look at all the other crap on tv nowadays...lol it was funny..to a point and it passed the time. Granted it was no Family Guy or 24 (nothing can take the place of those two) but I didn't think it was that bad either....that's my two cent and I' sticking to it.

Telaphone

[15]Apr 24, 2007
    • level: 11
    I thought it was funny because it was just flat out innapropriate. It was like the 40 year old virgin, except if he had a 13 year old buddy and tried to score with chicks with him.