TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

The Wire Forums

HBO (ended 2008)

Favorite Scenes?

Njasa10

[21]Mar 15, 2008
    • level: 4

i agree with everyone, but there is alway one that never comes up in these conversations that I absolutely love. Its a scene is season 1, episode called Game Day, where Herc and Carver notice the streets ae empty and that everyone is at the bball game. they hear Avon's name but don't know what he looks like so they call the whole detail. They procede to follow Avon after the game but Avon catches on and when he drives by Daniels he waves his finger at him. It's amazing.

Also, in the season 3 finale montage at Avon's trial where Marlo and Chris come in nd avon mouths, "Marlo?"

Its the little thing like that I lov about this show.

Of course the F-bomb murder solving in S1 and Randdy ylling at Carver down the hall in S4 too.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Plonked

[22]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 16
    I have done some thinking and I really, really love the scene when Omar walks to the shops in his jammies. Still makes me laugh when I think about it.

k7k58

[23]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 2

season1-D'Angelo teaching Bodie and Wallace how to play chess

season5-Chris and Weebay chillin in the yard at the end of the final episode

Edited on 03/17/2008 2:37am
    Edited 2 total times.

malcovio

[24]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    Almost every scene from final grades and Omar calling out Marlo in season 5.

shsteve

[25]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 15

Bubbles walking through Hamsterdam. Pretty much sets up The Deacon's arguement to Colvin, since all we heard was his side of the story. We were pretty much bought into the idea until we saw their reactions.

Frank Sabotka's final scene. You knew he was doomed when that mail trolley was sent off down the hall.

Oh and anything with Cutty. His story was just awesome all the way through. The fact that he hit straight with something he loved doing and being his own man was one of the very few happy endings The Wire ever had.

Edited on 03/18/2008 9:06am

nickity7

[26]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 5

when snoop misses in the drive by and gets out of the car and just takes one shot to get the guy

when dante shoots tosha, i know its not funny when someone died but the odds of that happening made that funny

when michael drops off dukie that was so sad i almost cried

metalfatigue217

[27]May 29, 2008
    • level: 1
    Season 4 Episode 9, at the end when Michael comes to Marlo asking for help with Bug's dad. The look on Marlo's face when he realizes he's got the kid was great. Michael's life changed forever with that decision, yet the viewer wasn't hit over the head with it. The show's subtlety and nuance is it's best trait, imo. Really good acting all-around.

tvporra

[28]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 3

omar, the fa# being shot to death by the little kid.

This little kid rocks!!!

too bad he did not torture omar, the rutless gangster who sucks c#ck, with some girls first.

leke

[29]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 5
    tvporra wrote:

This little kid rocks!!!

too bad he did not torture omar, the rutless gangster who sucks c#ck, with some girls first.

Grow up man.

I agree with all your scenes. I also like how Carver becomes a lieutenant.

Plonked

[30]Oct 7, 2008
    tvporra wrote:

This little kid rocks!!!

Sounds like someone is a homophob!

sean2evo

[31]Feb 8, 2009
    • level: 8
    Stringer when he realizes that Omar & Brother are gonna ace him.... Well get on with it motherf*****. -- pity he died he was one of my fav characters.

The first time you see Brother get out of his car with his bowtie. -- I was expecting him to look meaner.

Any scene involving Omars shotgun.

Stu984

[32]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    omar on the stand. when d'angelo goes to beys house and he thinks hes going to get shot but he just wants him to feed his fish.
    any of mcnulty and bunk drunk on the tracks.

WittyName

[33]May 11, 2009

From Season 1, I really love the scene where D'Angelo takes that girl to the restaurant. He really wants to impress her, and live the high life, but he realises that this life isn't for him. It's not a racial thing, because there are other black people in the restaurant -- it's a class thing. D'Angelo knows nothing about how that life works, and while he isn't ridiculed for it by those servicing him, he still feels so embarrassed and inadequate, whereas on the corners he is a king. That is the first scene I remember seeing and thinking "this show is amazing, I need to tell others about it."

I love it when they bust Bird, and Lester Freamon completely bottles him, haha. Freamon was so cool, and it was chilling when he told McNulty that he was not worth the skin on the back of his knuckles. The scene where he's selling pre-tapped phones was great. Freamon at his finest.

Prez had some great stuff, too. When he's blowing up the licence plate number, and making himself sound like an amazing wizard -- priceless. Reminded me of the "Enhance...enhance" scene from Super Troopers. Such a likeable guy that just didn't fit in on the streets. It seemed like we were meant to dislike him at first, but then (like every character in The Wire), we realised that he is a human being, and the quality of his soul really shone through in scenes where he really dedicated himself to cracking a code, or monitoring a tap.

Frank Sabotka's scene where he's talking about his penis being rather small -- just in a jokingly way with mates from the docks was just so observed. So much of that season was, truthfully, even if it is considered the most isolated of the five. Of course, that line at the end of it all "And of course, I'm not even Greek." I don't know if "The Greek" realised how close he was to actually being caught, but when you miss with that man, your hand closes on less than air.

Brother Mouzone, being one of the coolest characters ever, getting out of his car with New York City plates, and being revealed as a little man who wears a suit, rimmed glasses and a bow-tie -- yet his very name gives off such fear in the series, and as Proposition Joe says, "(Brother Mouzone) has more bodies on him than a Chinese cemetery."

Any scene with Omar. That character was just brilliant. One I particularly like is when he is walking through the streets of Baltimore in silk pajamas, unarmed, and people are still running in terror from the guy and dropping him their drugs. Absolutely hilarious. On top of that, I think one of the funniest shots I've ever seen in William Rawls sitting in the gay club. And who could forget Jimmy McNulty perhaps uttering "spot on" a little too late?

Edited on 05/11/2009 8:36am

WittyName

[34]May 11, 2009
    But really, there are far too many.

Edited on 05/11/2009 8:36am

Lostrules1

[35]May 23, 2009
    • level: 9
    (Keep in mind I'v only watched seasons 1 and 2 so far)

- Motherf****r scene between Bunk and McNulty in season 1

- Omar on the bench at Bird's murder trial. The look on the lawyer's face when Omar compared himself to him was just priceless.

- D'Angelo explaining the rules of chess to Broadie and Wallace. "The king stay the king."

- Anything with Bunk, Freamon, Daniels, Rawls, Bubbles, Omar...hell any character really they're all great.

- The final line of season 1 when Omar returns. "It's all in the game." It just perfectly sums up the entire series, the drug dealers, the police, the lawyers, the vigilantes and everything in between.

Fitzycent

[36]Jun 11, 2009
    Omar and Brother Mouzone facing off

Fitzycent

[37]Jun 11, 2009
    the Mr. Nugget scene was an award winning scene, or should have been

kutina3

[38]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 1
    The Wire is an excellent programme. It's the best police drama ever made.

hmnut7

[40]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 12
    Probably too many to count.

Any scene with Omar, but him in court takes the cake. But also when he is in jail with those guys he would not have robbed so many to which Bunks says "Oh yeah 'that' golden rule." Also when the kids fight over who gets to play Omar in their game.

Di Anglo explaining chess. "She's the Queen but she ain't no b****." one of his best lines.

Like some one else said when Michael drops of Dukie, that has to be one of the saddest scenes I have ever seen in history. I don't think anyone can say that when those characters were introduced they figured that's how they would end.

The story of Snot Bogey. "Got to. This is America man."

Also when the little girl comes to Wallace with her math problem and he doesn't understand how she can't do math but she can do even more complex problem when it is about dealing drugs, and she replies "You get the count wrong, they f*** you up."

Anything with Bodie.