The Wire Forums

HBO (ended 2008)

TV.com voters = idiots

GreenyFool

[1]May 10, 2012
    • level: 6

Just looking at the top dramas, The Wire is #42 - WHAT? Only 8.9/10? This show was the very definition of "perfect".

The IMDB Top TV list is far more accurate.

1) Planet Earth

2) The Wire

3) Arrested Development

4) Game of Thrones

5) Breaking Bad

6) The Sopranos

7) Firefly

Twilight Zone

9) Monty Python's Flying Circus

10) Freaks and Geaks

Cowboy Bebop in there, Sherlock, Death Note, Seinfeld, Deadwood... Makes TV.com's list look idiotic. >_>

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lars900

[2]May 9, 2014
    • level: 3
    I see this post is already very old but whatever maybe it can be brought to life.

I mostly agree with you.
    The Wire -and other shows- indeed deserves to be way higher (The Wire number 1 for sure).
    Also noticed some other shows getting way too high scores for what they are (few examples: Gossip Girl 8.5, One Three Hill 8.7, Grey's Anatomy 8..

What's also weird is when you look at the episode scores from The Wire on tv.com, every episode gets at least a 9 (apart from a few) while the show itself only gets a 9? Maybe that's because some idiots just watched a little bit of it didn't like it and then just rated it negatively.
    If you look on Imdb's episode scores of The Wire they are way too low, just a few have a score of 9 but the whole series gets a 9.4? I noticed this with several other series as well. How weird is that.

I think the scores of whole series on Imdb are better than those on tv.com but the score of episodes are way better than those on Imdb.

PS: the list for best tv series on Imdb has changed completely (for the worse IMO)

Lars900

[3]May 9, 2014
    • level: 3
    Also weird how everyone under 18 rated The Wire ridiculously low on imdb (6.9 by men and 4.0 by women), I think a lot of them just don't understand the show, find it hard to follow and eventually give up. They want to see action all the time, see over-dramatic things happen all the time. Well that's what I think at least :p