The Wire

The Detail

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 09, 2002 on HBO

Things are starting to pick up on this season of critically acclaimed, "The Wire". I've come to realize that I may have been to harsh when I reviewed the first episode of the series, but this episode was just so much better in so many ways.

Now that all the main characters are established, we've got the cops form a detective group trying to prove that D'Angelo and Avon are guilty. Everyone is split up in groups to help the case in some sort of way. McNulty questions D'Angelo and I must say, the scene in which they were questioning D'Angelo, that's some of the best acting I've seen in a while, and a very intriguing scene.

This episode was also rather eventful an The Wire's Season 1 motto is to "listen carefully" and you really have to do that to enjoy an episode of "The Wire". When the drunk cops went to the towers in the middle of the night, wow, what a great scene, also a great tie in with the ending with the kid ending up getting blind.

Everything tied together quite nicely. I guess Daniels did have a reason to worry about the new cop in the group, interested to see how that plays out. A great episode of "The Wire" and this show was a little slow out of the gate, but it definitely pays off.