The Wire

The Target

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 02, 2002 on HBO

• A very complex show's very complex and carefully paced pilot.

After hearing so much good of this show, I've decided to give it a shot. I thought the start of the episode was a bit confusing. It all made sense as the episode progressed, but for me, there were way too many characters roaming all around minding their own business.

That being said, from halfway the episode was much better and I started to "feel" some of the characters... especially McNulty. He's awesome.

Now the plot of the show(or at least the first season) is somewhat set up. It's a bit slow for my tastes to tell you the truth, but the realism makes up for it.

I like the "feel" of the show. Apart from being realistic it has a very sophisticated feeling to it. The dialouge, the directing, the actors/actressess all make you feel like the writers behind this show know where they are going. Definitely not recommended for the younger audiences, but not because of the violence or vulgar language. Simply because if you're looking for fast moving plot or action you won't find it here.

Overall:

+ Superb writing, good plot
    - Bit slow, can be confusing if you're not paying full attention