The Wire

The Target

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jun 02, 2002 on HBO

• Unpredictably bad.

4.5
    This show has been critically acclaimed for years, and people say it is the best series in the history of time. Truly, I'm not buying it. People say this show requires patience, so I will give this show the benefit of the doubt, and watch the rest of the season, but I just expecting something more from this show.

There really was not much happening throughout the episode, sure, they were dealing with a case and whether or not Barksdale was guilty or not, but nothing really went anywhere. This series premiere was hard to watch, considering it was an hour long, without commercials.

The scenes just dragged on for too long, and I'm sure this show "pays off" in the end like everyone says it will, but if you had just watched the series premiere back in 2002 for the first time, would it entice you to watch the rest of the series? Doubtful.

Slow paced, yes, but isn't that kind of the point? I wont rate an episode highly because it's buildup for something big, if it wasn't an enjoyable hour of television, I simply just wont give it a good rating, and this my friends, was not the best series premiere. Lets just hope it "pays" off in the end, like everyone says it will.