The Wire

Took

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Feb 17, 2008 on HBO

• So close, yet so far.

As things are moving closer to the demise of Marlo, things become that further away.

Carver brings Michael to Bunk. Is it only a matter of time before Michael spills what he knows? Lester Freamon now has the equipment to view the photos but has a tough code to break. He needs manpower and McNulty can provide some.

In a way it's unfortunate that the cops have to fight fire with fire. Conjuring up a serial killer, making anonymous phone calls to the reporter Templeton, wiretappping illegally. And what will bring Jimmy down. Just like the IRS getting Al Capone, I think it will be the dispensation of overtime (meaning money) to other detectives working on cases other than the (bogus) serial killer.

Over at the paper, Gus knows something is up with Templeton's credibility but he is rebuffed by upper management. Ironically while Templeton has an ethics problem, I think the reporter Fletcher will come up with a really better piece about the homeless and probably will get shot down by upper management, but that's just a hunch.

Nice touch by the way having Munch make an appearence in the cop bar. Real nice touch for Munch originally in Baltimore on "Homicide."

Just like Marion Barry, Clay Davis is loved by the people and can spin a tale. I missed the boat thinking he would pull something out of his hat that would implicate others. Wow! Confess to the wrong but make it seem like you're doing something right.

Things are slowly coming to a head, but how and who will get caught up. That's one reason why this is a great show. It's not that predicatble while still being believable.
    My question is who will get Marlo first, the cops or Omar?