The Wire

Transitions

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 27, 2008 on HBO

• The Wire is the best show on television. It is filled with great plots, charaters you love and hate, and using the actual city of Baltimore as its setting is brilliant. People need to begin watching it.

In my opinion, The Wire is the best on television. The acting is superb and the story line is extremely realistic and a serious portrayal of what is happening in many urban neighborhoods today. I have officially watched this show for three years while my husband has watched every season. It is terribly unfair, however, that HBO advertises if people want to watch it before its Sunday airing they can check it out on On Demand. The Sunday viewing is how this show gets its ratings. Most people, once they have watched it will not want to see it more than twice. I hope people will begin to watch a show that keeps me on the edge of my seat, wrinches tears from deep within me, and makes me look forward to the next episode. Clearly, The Wire is one of the best shows not only on HBO but on television, hands down. It is worthy of a rating of a 10.