The Wire

Unconfirmed Reports

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 13, 2008 on HBO

• The Game is the game.

Marlo said the game is the game to Avon while in jail. This show typifies that. One game is the drug game. Marlo wants to expand to the East side so he is making his move while Avon brokering things gets "100 large" for his sister. Lester Freamon trying to figure things out surveils for an entire day but needs the "Wire". Lester and McNulty try to get the feds involved to get wires/bugs/etc for the death but the mayor has no clue about the political game and the detectives are shut out. At the end of the episode, McNulty takes things into his own hands (of which Bunk wants no part).

Yet another facet of the political game is Clay Davis trying to get the Commissioner to save his skin. Nope, that chip can't be called in. Over at the newspaper it's the do we tell the truth or... put Pulitzer type stories first and how do we paint the pictures. Someone is getting creative. A little too creative.

I'm telling you, this is the best show on television, hands down. Every detail is not overlooked. Every piece revealed slowly. Even if we have an idea of what's coming there are great twists getting there. And this is real life people. Some cities are this corrupt, many newspapers are not about the truth. As i've said before this show is almost documentary level and this episode revealed that.