The Wire

Unconfirmed Reports

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 13, 2008 on HBO

• Classic, the ending is shocking, mind-blowing and brilliant. Only a show like The Wire can create storylines like this.

Has McNulty gone too far? There's no right or easy answer, and I'll have to say this is one of the most creative and interesting directions the show has ever gone, and that's truly saying something. I can't help but ponder where this will lead, and what consequences will fall on McNulty. Obviously this will affect the Baltimore Sun and City Hall, and lead us down a story arc so brilliant and interlaced in a way that only The Wire can. I was glad to see Freamon is still on Marlo, I knew he couldn't just leave, and now he and McNulty can wiretap them, if only they could get the equipment. I'm also extremely excited about the Marlo/Avon/Sergei storyline. By the way, I couldn't be happier that Avon is back, even if he's just a supporting character in Marlo's story. A war is about to come to pass between Marlo and the co-op, which is definitely going to cause some moving and shaking in the leadership of the Baltimore drug trade. Overall, another great episode which lays the foundation for the rest of the season.