The Wonder Years

Dance With Me

Aired Unknown Apr 19, 1988 on ABC

"Dance with Me" is another good episode of The Wonder Years, a show I used to watch in reruns many moons ago, but now, thanks to The Hub, am getting the chance to experience all over again. You will not find an abundance of overly clever lines in tonight's episode, but a lot of the narration by Daniel Stern will have you in stitches. Good narrating can make or break a show and it really helped this show become the iconic program it is revered as.

They took the cliche of trouble at the school dance and it may it fresh, they made it their own. This was a strong episode of The Wonder Years and I'm glad that I stayed up late to watch it.
  • Another great episode!

I really enjoy this episode. In my opinion, the earlier episodes are the better ones. If I am not mistaken, this is the episode that Paul does not wear his glasses to the dance. Kevin asks him how he looks and Paul responds "I have absolutely no idea."
    I feel bad for Kevin. He so badly wants to go to the dance with the girl he loves, but he can't even get the girl he just likes.
    In the beginning of the series, Kevin was just beginning to accept his feelings for Winnie and girls in general. It isn't so much that he wants to go to the dance with Lisa Berlini, but that he wants a date to the dance and he can't have Winnie.