The Wonder Years

Don't You Know Anything About Women?

Aired Unknown Jan 16, 1990 on ABC

• Beautifully done

Linda is one of the great characters in the show, and Brewton plays her perfectly. Also contains one of the most memorable endings for an episode (one that has stuck with me all these years). Okay, technically I guess it's a bit of a cheat--after all, how did Kevin know that happened if he never saw Winnie?--but it was still beautifully done.
  • One of the best.

It was rare for the early years of this show not to have scripts that were dead-on every time - perfect re-creations of what everyone went through growing up. And this episode was exceptional in that regard.
    A person goes to a dance with another person for varying reasons - and someone (or several people) wind up getting hurt. All part of the labyrinth of trying to figure out which end is up in adolescence. The whole situation is beautifully and thoughtfully handled in this exceptional episode. Everyone's good but Maia Brewton as Linda is a standout!
  • My favourite episode to date.

As this series is being re-run and I never watched it at all when it originally ran this is my favourite episode to date and it occurs at the ending of the episode like two ships sailing into the night never to cross paths across a gym floor at a school dance.