The Wonder Years Forums

ABC (ended 1993)

Winnie: psychological problems?

wussycat

[1]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 11
    Was Winnie's mistreatment of and cheating on Kevin caused by psychological problems?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 52
    She always seemed so distant, you never know.

3swick

[3]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 8
    lord god no. if anyone had problems, it was Kevin. At the end, Im not sure what she saw in him. He was impudent, surly, aloof, and smug. Im not sure why they liked to paint him that way, but there was little that was likable about kevin by the end of the series. Probably why it didnt get good ratings by the end.

lovethatTAR

[4]Jun 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    Yeah, that, and also, Kevin's character growing up. One of the big reasons for viewers watching was the young, gentle version. But while he as all kids do, they grow up and to some, turn people away. Personally, I liked the episodes towards the end, that's just how I am with a lot of series, actually. But I love this show and just love every episode of it, and actually wouldn't have changed a thing about it, like some would.

ramsfan920

[5]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 38
    it started to get crappy after season 4.....once high school hit..that was basically it because it was a comedy not a drama and the show wasn't very funny anymore once kevin and paul grew apart in hs

flyers8228836

[6]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 2
    the beginning was her but like he/she said above, by the end of the series, season 6 kevin wasn't that good/kind of a person.

dissapearing

[7]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 9
    winnie probably does have psychological problems, in later seasons kevin was just getting more mature and turning into his dad (unfortunatly)...i remember in one episode she started hanging around older guys and kevin tried to stop her, winnie wouldn't listen to him, she said "everytime i act like myself something bad happens" and i think she said she had family problems...and then later she got into a car accident. but anyway, it's called growing up, weather we like it or not as we get older everyone and everything around us changes, and nothing or anyone can ever be the same. maybe it was just part of them moving on and letting go of each other, and finding out who they really were during highschool?
    Edited on 01/23/2009 4:01pm