The Wonder Years

ABC (ended 1993)

anglemark10

The Wonder Years Fan Reviews (76)

• 10/10

Great show, acting was fantastic. They found the good combo between comedy and stone cold drama that left me with my hand on my heart! This is the type of show that will make you laugh and cry in the same episode!!! It is so simple, that it is perfect! It deals with the simple concept of growing up, and faces challenges that all teenagers face. Every episode was so emotional. Episodes like good-bye and my fathers office were as good as tv can get. Uses a simple concept and turns it into pure tv gold. And let me just say that pilot episode was amazing, it dealt with the issue of the Vietnam war and nailed it to the point where viewers were brought to tears. And Winnie and Kevin WOW, what else can i say... perfect couple and as cheesy as it would of been, i wished that they ended up together. To sum up just a brilliant show. 10/10 My favourite show of all time. And im going to conclude with this, if you have watched the wonder years and never cried, you are a liar!!
  • Still on Netflix, People!

Okay, they took The Wonder Years off Amazon Prime. BUT IT'S STILL ON NETFLIX!!! Don't scare me like that! I came on here after checking with Amazon Prime, to see if I was dreaming or something, and I saw only ONE episode available???????? NO WAY! I almost had a heart attack! I went on IS STILL AVAILABLE!! Hopefully until the DVDs are delivered safely to its fans. DON'T EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I Googled about Wonder Years being taken off Netflix and I didn't see a thing. PUT THE NETFLIX LOGO BACK ON EVERY SINGLE EPISODE that is available on Netflix! NOW!
  • Accurate portrayal of the period

I was in Jr. and Sr. High School in the San Fernando Valley during 1968-1972, and the series is amazingly insightful about the realities of the time. The one nitpick that I had with it was that almost none of the kids had dysfunctional or broken families, and as I remember, many of my classmates were in those kind of homes. But having seen it again for the first time in about twenty years, it has held up strongly over time. A real winning concept and production. It never resorted to over-the-top buffoonery or one dimensional cartoonish characters. The humor and sensitivity were real.
  • Finally in DVD!

Hey guys,

i've just red that The Wonder Years will be released on dvd soon. On the-wonder-years .com they say in the second half of 2014!!
  • absolutely amazing show!

When I think of the past TV shows that I truly enjoyed when I was at the young age, this show is the first thing that comes on my mind as the best and very memorable show I've ever seen on the television history. Watching this show with my entire family is the main factor coz the bonding was really there! I can describe the topic of all the episodes from this show as realistic with moral values. I tried to search for a good seller online. I really wanted to get a copy of this show, and made my order at memorylanedvd. com . Fast shipping and received a good quality set. Very reliable company and I'm so thankful to own a copy of this precious TV series!
  • perfect show for the whole family!

Wonder Years is the real QUALITY TV SERIES of all time! Am I right? I totally love watching this show! Every episode teaches us good moral values. The Wonder Years has all the best characteristics great actors, best scripts. I miss watching this show and as an avid fan, I've always wanted to have a complete DVD collection of this show. I placed an order at http://www.dubaidingoes.com/Wonder_Years_dvd_on_dvd.html . DVDs were shipped exactly as promised! With great quality and full episodes! I couldn't ask for more. I feel lucky to have this set because it is a chance or should I rather say it is a gift to watch this show again! It was definitely the best TV series ever!
  • Didn't watch all the time but...

when I did I really enjoyed.
  • A masterpiece

This Tv show is simply so real. I have not come across any other show so amazing. I mean anyone watching this show will practically see his\her own child/teen hood being replayed on the screen. Each episode is unique in itself. I have become a fan of each & every soul who has appeared in the show & boy-oh-boy they have acted brilliantly. "The Wonder Years" deserves a thousand oscars to say the least.
  • I can only imagine what sort of memories I would recall from watching it again.

I loved watching this show when I was younger and it is one of the few shows that I would gladly rent out to watch. I can only imagine what sort of memories I would recall from watching it again. I fell in love with Fred Savage from watching The Wonder Years. With the combination of romance, comedy and the usual teenage "issues" it spoke to the young and old. Breaking the barrier of age as the older generation could look back and remember what "the wonder years" were like for them and the young generation could watch and see that they were going through the so called "wonder years". This show was fantastically written.
  • Wonder Years: at 14, I'm watching it and living it

This show was in the 80's, but thankfully, I was caught up on The Hub like 2 months ago, and they show reruns of this. At first I had only heard about this show vaguely and hand't thought much about it or even know anything about it beyond its name. Then, one night I was bored and watched this on the hub. It was like crack to me! The thing that makes the Wonder Years fantastic to me is that it's so real. It's exactly what I've been through to detail it's like they stalked me and made a show about my life, and used a white kid instead. Literally everything Kevin did so far I can vividly recall myself doing. I remember going to the revolutionary dance, I remember my first kiss, I remember my best friend, I remember insecurities...I just remember everything that Kevin did in this show. As cliche as this sounds, I'm serious! Literally everything that Kevin went through happened exactly like it did for me to every little detail to the point of the rare instances where characters repeat things word for word I heard in my life. They don't make shows like this anymore. The show takes place in the 60's, but it's timeless. And I wish some loser would give this show a bad rating! Any dude who gives this show a bad rating must've had NO childhood, NO friends, and NO life growing up. The only other explanation I can possibly fathom is that they're stupid. Or female, which I could understand more. But, what chicks have to understand is that the show isn't made for them. It's really made for dudes, and it's from a dude's perspective. If you're a chick you shouldn't be reviewing this show. Another thing that makes this show so real is that Kevin doesn't always win. It's not that magical fantasy world in every other show where everything turns out wonderfully and you're successful in everything you do, it's real life. Kevin looses and the ends to his misadventures suck sometimes. It's really like how it would go if this were real. You win some you lose some I haven't seen the later episodes yet, and I don't plan to until I'm older. I want to keep the show matched up with my age, so I can enjoy it more. I wish more kids my age would be more mature and incentive like me. While I'm enjoying a timeless classic, they're watching iCarly, which should be called iSuck. Even though I'm probably the only kid I know that watches this, I still love it. Kevin Arnold is a real character, something we don't see often. He's me, he's you, he's every 12 year old dude that had a life growing up.

I would give my normal rating thing here, but I can't really considering the show isn't exactly original, it's more like they just snuck around, hid in bushes and filmed real kids without them knowing, then added some adult to make a commentary. Saying a show isn't original instantly makes you think it's not good, which is so far from the truth with this show. It pains me to see that as amazing this show is, it's not original, which isn't a bad thing here. So, on behalf of every dude in the world who had a real American childhood, The Wonder Years get's a perfect 10/10
  • The best quirky dramedy of the late 80's and early 90's to watch. This sitcom is about Kevin Arnold and his best friend entering junior high school in the late 60's and the early and mid 70's.

I liked that show for a long time. I was seven years old and a first grader in grade school, when the show started. I was twelve years old and a sixth grader in junior high school, when the show ended. I remember watching the re-runs on syndication in the 90's. Kevin Arnold is the best character ever. His older brother, Wayne is a brat. His older sister, Karen is a flower child. He has his first kiss with Gwendolyn "Winnie" Cooper, the girl-next door, whose older brother, Brian was killed in the Vietnam War. His best friend, Paul Pfeiffer is the school brain. This drama paved the way for other critically acclaimed dramas like "I'll Fly Away", "Brooklyn Bridge", "Homefront", "Any Day Now", "Freaks & Geeks", and "American Dreams".
  • Timeless

I only have a few things to say about The Wonder Years because at the end of the day the show speaks for itself. So....

1. The Soundtrack - easily the largest and most established library of sixties classics ever used on one show. They should release it as a box set and you need never go wanting for a trip back to the days of flower power. And of course...Whaaaatt would you dooo, if I sang ouuut of tuuune......

2. Storylines at the heart of every family - I don't think there's a single point in an episode of Wonder Years where I don't think that this is exactly how my family acts or that this has actually happened to me.

3. Marv from Home Alone - Now come on, no one can argue that Daniel Stern as the voice of Kevin is nothing short of genius. He is probably my biggest memory from the show, if not only because he actually says more than Fred Savage. Plus it was nice to see he even got a hand in directing too.

This show needs to be released in a comprehensive box so we can all sit down, watch over and over and learn how do be nice to each other again.
  • The Story Of My Life

Although the charceters were a few years over, this is exactly what I went through growing up.
    Thats what made it great, I could relate perfectly, to almost every situation the show presented. The best thing was Kevins realationship with Winnie, I and most other guys went through the same thing. The longing for the object of your desire, the pure joy when you win her heart, and the unbearable agony when you lose her.

The resolution of their story at the end of the series, was perfect. Thats what should have happened. After all, very few of us marry our childhood sweetheart!

Very little else I want to say, the charcters were all on target. The best episode of course, was the one where the teacher died. A very well deserved Emmy indeed. A lot of folks were upset that the Father died at the end of the series. But that was good, because life does throw you a curve. Thats reality.

I can only pray for a reunion someday. Syndication has bee a terriable disappointment.
  • the reason i got hooked on tv...

before joey potter, isabel evans, brooke davis, veronica mars, summer roberts and dr. izzie stevens, there was winnie cooper. yeah. i was 13 (OMG! twas a decade ago) when this show was aired back home. i was so infatuated with her that my week wouldn't be complete if i didn't see her on tv.

aside from her, the story is wonderful as well. my life was like kevin's. the things that are happening to him was happening to me at that point of my life. i surely can relate to what he was going through, being a teenager back then.

this series is really cool. i bet the teenage drama series that we enjoy now is somehow, one way or the other, influenced by this show...
  • My Favorite show ever

This show is one of the greatest sitcoms to ever air. I mean if you never seen it this is the type of show that can last for decades and still be a great show. It just takes you back to when you were a kid, your are constantly reminded of the things you experienced as a kid. This show could touch you like no other show could the music was always placed beautifully with the story, the narration by Daniel Stern was great. Though the show lost it's swagger toward the end it still kept you there if you loved the Arnold's like I did. The only 2 bad things I can say is this show did not have a proper send off with ABC not knowing whether to bring it back or not. The second is the fact that the DVD collection may never be released do to regulations with all the great music they used in the series. If it's ever released it is said that they may have to change certain music and that would really hurt the show.
  • The Wonder Years are the best years

Few series have been able to capture the pain and triumphs of adolescence as The Wonder Years. The fact that the show was set in the late 1960's and early 70's--a time of major social change in the US--helped give this comedy-drama a unique voice. So did the actors that made up the tight-knit cast. To play young Kevin Arnold, the producers picked Fred Savage--who had appeared in several movies. Virtual unknowns Josh Saviano and Danica McKellar were tapped as (respectively) Kevin's best friend Paul Pfiffer and the love of Kevin's young life, the angelic Winnie Cooper. Rounding out the cast was Kevin's family; businessman and father Jack Arnold (Dan Lauria); homemaker mom Norma (Alley Mills); tormenting big brother Wayne (Jason Hervey) and hippie older sister Karen (Olivia d'Abo). To add some counterpoint to each episode, actor Daniel Stern was chosen to be the unseen narrator of the show, as the adult Kevin Arnold. Marlens and Black submitted the pilot script to all three major networks; ABC executives loved the concept and ordered six episodes as a mid-season replacement in early 1988. To play young Kevin Arnold, the producers picked Fred Savage--who had appeared in several movies. Virtual unknowns Josh Saviano and Danica McKellar were tapped as (respectively) Kevin's best friend Paul Pfiffer and the love of Kevin's young life, the angelic Winnie Cooper. Rounding out the cast was Kevin's family; businessman and father Jack Arnold (Dan Lauria); homemaker mom Norma (Alley Mills); tormenting big brother Wayne (Jason Hervey) and hippie older sister Karen (Olivia d'Abo). To add some counterpoint to each episode, actor Daniel Stern was chosen to be the unseen narrator of the show, as the adult Kevin Arnold. Marlens and Black submitted the pilot script to all three major networks; ABC executives loved the concept and ordered six episodes as a mid-season replacement in early 1988. The final narration by the adult Kevin beautifully summed up the experience that was The Wonder Years: "Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you're in diapers, the next day you're gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul. I remember a place...a town...a house like a lot of houses...a yard like a lot of other yards...on a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is...after all these years...I still look back...with wonder."
  • The best show that I ever lived!

This is the best show that I ever lived! I have watched every single episode about 3 times now. The final episode broke my heart when I found out that Kevin did not end up with Winnie. There were many other episodes that broke my heart, and made me laugh. It means so much to me that it has a dedicated spot on my iPod for every single episode. I only wish that there were more episodes. I wish that there was some type of reunion to update the story. By far, this is my all time favorite show!!!
  • best show of the 80's

With all the hype of reality shows these days, "The Wonder Years" remains one of my favorite "reality-like" shows about growing up. With today's meaningless sex and money-driven reality shows, there are no solid, relevant ones for people who just want to be able to sit back and reminisce what it was like growing up in the suburbs.

The best thing about this show was its remarkable ability to depict all aspects of a teen's everyday life--friends, relationships, family, and self, and how these things can change your entire outlook on yourself and your relationships with others. Even the simplest things make a big difference in life--and this show proves it.

Another wonderful thing about this show is that everybody--no matter how "different" you are--can relate to it. Even though the show surrounded 60's and 70's pop culture, still you can always find some problem or conflict within each episode that correlates with your own life
  • Amazing love-story/ drama/ comedy...

Oy... I wish Fred Savage didn't get old... this show has been amazing. This show is about Kevin arnold, a 12-year old in 1968. Th basic premise was his on-gain/off-gain Relationship with his friend Winnie Cooper, his neighbor. I'm not a big fan of kiddie-love, but the pure innocence brings me back to my first few crushes. I also liked the humor. It was just so HILARIOUS!!! I can't even begin to describe it. Kevin fighting with his brother always has me rolling. The satire of high and junior high school also has me on the floor with laughter... All around, it's a great show.
  • The story of Kevin Arnold and his friends

This show is one of the many family classics. The story follows young Kevin Arnold, growing up in the 1960's/70's. Kevin's just your average kid. His dad goes to work, his mom's a house wife, his brother's a jerk, and his sister's a hippie. Kevin has a best friend named Paul, and a girlfriend named Winnie. Winnie drives me crazy! I can't stand her. Today while I was watching the show with my mom and dad, mom asked, "WHat'll happen to Winnie, you think?" My response: "She'll get hit by a bus." I haven't seen nearly every episode yet, but I love this show just the way it is.
  • Awe inspiring rendition of the life of a young, middle class boy growing up in confusing times...

Of all the tv serials I've watched in my short lifetime, this one has to be the one that has managed to touch the very core of my soul. Although I lived in a totally different part of the world, I used to watch in admiration this deceptively calm and quiet story of an explosive period in American history playing out through the eyes of a middle class teenage boy.

It traced the life of this boy for six years through six seasons. Fred Savage as Kevin was a wonder to behold. Although I am anything but American I used to identify with Kevin and held a deep understanding of the characters problems and dilemmas. When the tv series finally came to a halt, it was as if I lost a part of me. Truly a work of art. One word: Brilliant!
  • Loved this Show

One of my all time favorite shows. It reminded me so much of my life and still today if I catch an episode it still brings back all those feeling I felt when the show originally aired. The tirals Kevin Arnold faced growing up in the late 60's early 70's were very universal and he dealt with the same issues we had coming of age in the late 80's and 90's and kids today as well. If you have never seen this show find it on some network and watch it you will not be disappointed. hopefully it is released on DVD very soon. Long live Kevin & Winnie!!
  • The Wonder Years follows Kevin Arnold (Fred Savage) in the 60s.

The Wonder Years follows Kevin Arnold (Fred Savage) and his day to day life in the 60s. I really think the show is a classic and can remember watching this on the Disney channel as a kid myself. I think there are many episodes of The Wonder Years that I can relate to. The show pretty much had everything, but perticulary comedy. It could always make me laugh and I was sad when it finally came to an end. All in all I would recomend watching this if you have not before, Its definately worth giving it the chance that it deserves.
  • Wonder years is a show worth seeing over and over again if you want to put a smile on your face. Everyone will get something out of it. Especially if you are a kid at heart.

This show is my favoite of my lifetime. I've watched alot of tv, so that says alot about it. It is so wondefully told. It is funny, sad, embarrassing, every emotion possible. This show brings you back to when you were a child. Our inability to communicate effectively, the way we felt toward our parents, the crazy teenage years and everything in between. The loves that we have as kids.The silly things we thought were important. I can't even write here, how much I identified with this show. The old black and white footage of past events. It's like I can relive those times through this show for 30 minutes while I watch. And they WERE the wonder years. A time of innocence and laughter, of friends and family. I'd give away 100,000 to go back for one day when my dad was alive. Hell I'd give away my house.
  • The Wonder Years is the best show of its kind, it set the way for shows such as Dawsons Creek and Party of Five, et al.

Every person who watches this show can relate to at least one of the characters, be it Kevin; did you once have a Winnie, have you a brother like Wayne? So annoying you just want to strangle him? It is fantastic how they include America's history in with the story telling such as the Vietnam War. The music was great and the narrator tells the stories with such humour and warmth. I love this show!
  • The Wonder Years is a comedy in the late 70's. The Wonder years started to brodcast on the fox network the later on moved to another channel. The wonder years taped their first epsiode in the late 1970's

The Wonder Years is a classic show and should not have been taken off of the air. It was pretty funny watching Kevin and Wayne fight. I liked watching Kevin going to high school and working at a chinese restuarant. I enjoyed Jack yelling at them when they did something wrong when Kevin staring a protest in his high school year. The wonder years should have been picked up by another network not taken off of the air and I like Paul and Kevin always having lunch together. I liked to the wonder years back on the air with new episodes.
  • Good!

6.6
    I have to admit that I love Fred Savage as Kevin Arnold. The cast included Dan Lauria and Alley Mills playing his sixties' parents, the Arnolds. Then there were his siblings, a sister played by Olivia D'Abo and a big bully brother played by Jason Hervey. Kevin was the youngest and we hear his thoughts from Daniel Stern's narration. The other cast members included Danica McKellar as his love interest Winnie and a geeky friend whose name escapes me at the moment. The show is going to be aired late on the I network in a couple of weeks. I have to admit that I liked it in the beginning but it wore off in time. It was different because there was no laugh track or audience. Most family oriented comedies of the 1980s had audiences and laughter. This show was different and it was also set in the 1960s with an unknown suburb as location. The creators, Neal Marlens and Carol Black, who created Growing Pains went on to create The Wonder Years. The writing was uneven at times but solid as the acting.
  • One of my favorite shows ever!

Man I really wish I was a kid around this time. I watched this show so much. The songs are watch makes the show. The narrator's voice is so good. He fits perfectly. I love how it teaches life lessons. There is a great mix of drama and comedy. I wish this show would come out on dvd because I would buy it in a heart beat!
  • The show is one of the best shows I've seen. I'm 18 and I saw the reruns and I can relate to some of the things that happened on the show.

The Wonder Years show is one of the best shows of all time because its working class america during the 60's. I'm 18 years old and I love the show and I can relate to some of the things that has happened on the show. It's a show that can be on tv in any decade and you can relate to it.
  • A great show that cannot be duplicated!

The Wonder Years was one of my favorite shows growing up. I remember sitting down in front of the TV every Wednesday to watch it. They really don\'t make shows like this any more, no matter how hard they try. This show really captures how it is to be a kid in any generation. This show is a classic and it is a great disservice that it is not being shown on TV or to have season DVDs at this point in time. The fans of this show deserve something. This show is not something that should end up forgotten.
< 1 2 3