The Worst Witch

ITV (ended 2001)

walrus_8463

The Worst Witch Fan Reviews (2)

7.9
  • Welcome to Cackle's Academy for Witches, where young Mildred Hubble begins her training as a witch.

The Worst Witch is based on the book series of the same name that was written in 1974. In many ways, this show is a lot like Harry Potter and Wizards of Waverly Place. The heroine is Mildred Hubble, who comes from a non-witch background in England and is sent to a witches boarding school. The show has its elements of humor and youthful awkwardness. Mildred is a nice, well-intentioned girl whose learning is impeded by her clumsiness, fears, Miss Hardbroom and Ethel Hallow. Even though she is a female witch, I'm sure most can relate to the adversities we all had to face in our younger years. A great show for kids and some adults.
  • A Great Show For Kids

The Worst Witch was one of my favourite t.v shows when i was younger, whenever it came on I wouldn't look away from the T.v for a second.

Each episode was funny and amusing, as you could never quite tell just what Mildred and her friends would get up to.

The cast were fabulous especially the teenagers like Georgina Sherrington and Katie Allen.

When the show ended, I was sad but a while later a spin-off appeared 'Weirdsister collage' this show however was nowhere near as good as 'Worst Witch' as it had skipped a year and a lot of the original cast didn't appear. One of the other things was the character of Ethel Hallow, in series one of 'Worst Witch' she'd been played by Felicity Jones, in series 2 Katie Allen took over the role and in 'Weirdsister' it was Felicity Jones again. this was a major turn off.

The Worst Witch remains a childhood favourite but i recommend avoiding Weirdsister College/.