The Wrong Coast

The Movie Network (ended 2004)

maritimer00

The Wrong Coast Fan Reviews (12)

6.6
  • good show, but need more episodes

This was an excellent show.I stay up till late at night just to watch it.I recommend this to anyone who can stay up,and likes funny stuff.Its like some kind of show like,jay Leno or Conan o\'brian or live with regis and Kelly or entertainment tonight....the list goes on.The movies that are created in this series are pure comic genius,though sometimes a little horrific,(meaning the Movie called \"how to lose a guy in 28 days later\").A good show all in all,and very funny too.I was wondering though,even though I\'m pretty sure it is, if all the characters were made of clay??
  • A great show about two so called "Gossip Show Hosts" in the world of their fake news.

I love it! Absolutley great! And the stop-motion is wonderful. The love-hate relationship between Debbie Sure Ashantai-Melendex and Jameson Burkright is hilarious and the so called "news" is nothing short of funny. I aboslutely love this show! The "celebrities" are perfectly parodied. The fake movie trailers are hilarious too. It's share of sub plots in between "trailers" are prefectly scripted, and the voice actors do well preformences. Well, that's about it. I can't say anything else. Except, I hope it returns! ! !
  • This is my second favourite show of all time!

The Wrong Coast should have been called The Right Coast because it had all the right things for a TV show. Two great people who can act very well, hilariousness, and stories making fun of celebrities. This show took great movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and turned them into hilarious things, such as Texas Chainsaw Manicure! This show was unfortunatley cancelled after one season, even though another season was planned before the show was even considered to end, but unfortunatley it got cancelled early. The show is VERY raunchy and there is language, strong sexual content, and nudity, but anyone 12+ should watch this. Hilarious!
  • Parodies

7.8
    The Wrong coast is a parody of entertainment news. It makes a boring thing funny by making fun of the boring entertainment news shows and being hilarious. It is so so so so so funny. They come up with names for new movies by combining the titles of two or more movies and make it hilarious. and they actually create a scene from the movie.
  • a pretty good animated series.

This was a pretty good comedy television series. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity.
  • The Wrong Coast has it all, happiness, saddness, anger, and funny!

7.7
    The show is quite funny and its pure genius how they can make even the saddest of movies into some of the funniest, the most action packed into, less action. The two hosts are always trying to be better than each other and the producers nephew is kinda mean. (He blackmailed the 2 hosts) but they made the blackmail funny! Every time I watch it I notice something new that I didn't notice before and it keeps getting funnier and funnier, untill you've seen each episode a hundred times which hasn't happened yet. Anyway, anyone that like two people trying to be better than the other while talking about movies that were spoofed up a bit, you'ld most likely love the show.
  • Debbie Sue Ashanti-Melendez... I laugh everytime I see her name.

Some people have no sense of humour, and some have a decidedly warped sense of humour. This is the latter. Some find that laughing at paraplegics is a low blow but one rule of comedy is that nothing is sacred. So if it's funny, it's not laughing at Stephen Hawking but rather laughing with him. Puppet parodies of Hollywood, such as Charlie's Angels: Full Frontal, are witty and amusing (and maybe not that far off). Even the toilet humour parodies like Flatch Adams, are well done. The series contains a mere 13 episodes but I enjoyed each and every one.
  • Different. But not funny.

Ya this show is a complete waste of time. It's pretty gay and I don't know anyone who watches it. The characters are retarded and not funny. "look everyone i'm japanese hahaha"...just stupid. So isn't it annoying that there has to be 50 words? i think so. blah blah blah.

EROK
  • Finally, a show that meets my love for movie parodies.

Pretty good. The movie parodies are funny and they add a little behind the sences look at the hosts and crew of the show. A spinoff of Hollywood infotainment shows. If you like very funny movie parodies like me, this show is something worth watching in your spare time. The hosts are always competing to be top banana and the rest of the crew are just as crazy. It makes a bundle of laughs for me everytime I watch it. Plus, they also have real life Hollywood awards with a little twists in the show too. So, it might be a show you should look in to.
  • That's the best show of the moment

The Wrong Coast are a terrific good show made in Canada and succedeed to be one of best parody of America's Hollywood shows like Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood.

Usually, i hate puppets shows, but this time, i love them. Each show meet two animators, Debbie Sue and Jameson, mostli imitate the animators to ET and AH with reporters and overcoat, silly spoof blockbusters films like "A Beautiful Mind", "Appolo the 13th" and "S.W.A.T.A.W.A.T.A.T.A.A.".

Produced for a mature audience, The Wrong Coast reveal also the hiding side of Hollywood with funny and sometimes silly comments.

The Wrong Coast are new best friend because we're finally a animated show without fall in a crappy kids show
  • What happens when unfunny people attempt to make a comedy show.

0.4
    This is trash on TV. The only thing this show has going for it is that it's claymation and even that is subpar. With all that time spent does this show it's a shame that they cann't get anything funny. Once the novelty of the claymation wears off, after the first lame joke, you will see this show for what it is.

The jokes make a four year old groan. I am sure that this would even pass as a children's cartoon. Heres an example, they did a parody of a beutiful mind, calle da betiful behind and had brad pitt do math equations with his butt.... Another one had them making fun of Steven Hawkins. Thats good takes making fun of someone with loue garretts disease. If you like this crap, you have no personality or sense of humour.
  • Different. and genuinely off the wall.

I first stumbled onto this show accidently. I didn't know what to think except that this show was very funny. The characters were funny, the movie parodies were hillarious and everything else was done well. The only problem with it is there is never any new episodes. Why I don't know because this is just the kind of thing that the movie network needs. A show that pokes fun at the kind of station it is featured on is always very funny. Mark Hamill is very funny also. This show isn't Emmy worthy, but it is funny and that is what it is supposed to be