A The X Factor (UK) Community
Saturday 7:00 PM on ITV

JUST DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK NEWS

... Desperate Housewives' Marcia Cross is eyeing a return to TV. She's landed the role of the mother in Fox's new comedy Fatrick. The pilot was written by Don’t Trust The B---- in Apt. 23’s Nahnatchka Khan and Corey Nickerson, and will be directed by Nat Faxon and Jim Rash (Community); it follows Patrick, a former fat kid who must face the lingering damage caused by his overweight childhood. Cross will play Patrick's mother, Arlene, a nutritionist. She can act in as many things as she wants, but to me she'll always be Melrose Place's Kimberly and she'll always be known for that scene in which she rips off her wig to reveal that horrible scar. [TV Line]

BUSINESS TIME

... When Fox moved Bones to Friday evenings earlier this fall, it appeared that the veteran drama was on its way out the door after nine seasons. But according to executive-producer Stephen Nathan, the season finale will feature a pretty huge cliffhanger. Does this mean the folks at Bones think they'll be back for Season 10? Or are they just the most optimistic people on the planet? [TV Line]

... Lionsgate wants to turn the story of the creation of Twitter into a TV show. I can't write anymore about this or my head will explode from disbelief. [Variety]

... Anchorman's David Koechner will star in and executive-produce a one-hour variety sketch show for NBC. Also credited as the creator of the project, Koechner is working on the pilot with former Comedy Central executive Lou Wallach. P.S. If you're a fan of Koechner, keep an eye out for him in the Season 5 premiere of Justified, where he'll play Deputy Marshall Gregg Sutter. [Deadline]

... Nothing is official yet, but word on the street is that Warner Bros TV has started drafting a new three-year licensing deal for The Big Bang Theory. The process will most likely involve an attempt to sign the series' stars for three more years once their contracts are up at the end of this season. That begs the question: How much do you love The Big Bang Theory? Another three years' worth? [Deadline]

... USA has ordered eight episodes of the half-hour reality series Chrisley Knows Best (thankfully, that's a working title). It's described as a "real-life family comedy" that follows Atlanta-based self-made multimillionaire Todd Chrisley (yeah, I don't know who he is either) and his family. The network claims that even though the family lives in a 30,000 square-foot house, they face real life problems just like the rest of us. Yeah, okay. Sure. [USA via press release]

... Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson is a homophobe. Like, a really, really big one. I wish I could say I was surprised to learn that someone from that show went and said something really stupid and offensive (to GQ none the less!), but I'm not. UPDATE: A&E has suspended Robertson indefinitely. While he hasn't been fired, he won't be appearing in new episodes of Duck Dynasty anytime soon. [Vulture / Variety]

... Bravo will celebrate New Year's Eve by airing a catch-up marathon of The Mindy Project Season 2 on December 31 from 11am to 5pm. Bravo's press release would like me to inform you the episodes will air in order, which is very kind of Bravo. It's nice to know this sort of thing still matters to some people (you can't tell, but I'm totally giving Fox the side eye for whatever it's doing with Almost Human this season). [Bravo via press release]

... truTV has greenlit Undercover Magic, which is exactly what is sounds like. Magician/prankster Michael Carbonaro stars in the hidden-camera show, in which he performs tricks on unsuspecting people in everyday situations. truTV has ordered 12 episodes, which I will probably never watch. [truTV via press release]

... Fox isn't commenting on the today's big X Factor news, which is that Demi Lovato is leaving the series after two seasons to focus on her music. Of course, after the show's dismal ratings in Season 3, who knows if there even will be a Season Lovato is possibly just jumping ship before it sinks. [TV Line]

... If you really love dumb FBI agents, then I have good news for you! Beginning December 22, you can watch the entire first season of The Following on all video-on-demand and digital platforms. Fox will be releasing all 16 episodes in batches of four or five, as part of Fox's upcoming Holiday Binge promotion. I suggest watching pretty much anything else the network has to offer, including: Almost Human, American Dad, Bob's Burgers, Bones, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Dads, Family Guy, Glee, The Mindy Project, New Girl, Raising Hope, The Simpsons, and Sleepy Hollow. [Fox via press release]

... Man, Sundance Channel has been on fire lately. Rectify is considered by many to be one of the best new shows of 2013. Top of the Lake was one of the year's best miniseries. And The Returned, a French import, is knocking people off their feet every week. Now the channel is developing Cold Dead Hands, a drama set against the backdrop of the NRA. The project will focus on the Thibodeaux family the ongoing debate about Americans' right to bear arms. That description doesn't do much for me, but then again neither did Rectify's, so here's hoping Cold Dead Hands will also be a pleasant surprise. [THR]

... Lone Target, Discovery's newest reality series starring ex-Navy SEAL Joel Lambert, will premiere January 1 at 10pm. Lambert will be dropped into dangerous locations for an extreme version of hide-and-seek. He'll be trying to evade the world's best military tracking teams with nothing but a basic survival kit and a canteen of water. Considering the fact that my basic survival kit contains a flatscreen TV, a DVD player, an extension cord plugged into an outlet, a wi-fi connection, and the entire series of The Shield, I'm pretty sure they'd be able to find me pretty easily. [Discovery via press release]

... HBO has filmed a special in honor of James Gandolfini, who passed away earlier this year at the age of 51. The program, titled James Gandolfini: Tribute to a Friend, will debut Sunday, December 22 at 8:30pm. Warning: You're probably going to want to pick up some tissues before you watch it. Here's a promo: 

[HBO via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Graceland's Serinda Swan has joined The CW's The Tomorrow People in a guest-starring role. She'll play the Founder's daughter, Cassandra "Cassie" Smythe. She's described as being the most powerful breakout on the planet, so naturally she's a bank robber. She catches Stephen's eye once he realizes he shares a psychic connection with her, similar to the one he shares with Cara. [THR]

... Fred Armisen will reprise his bizarre role as Melipnos from Brooklyn Nine-Nine's pilot for the show's big post-Super Bowl episode. Amy, played by Melissa Fumero, and Jake (Andy Samberg) will run into him while they're out searching for a suspect. [EW]

... Michael Rapaport has landed a role in Ed Burns' new TNT drama pilot Public Morals. The project is based in New York City in 1967, and Burns plays a cop in the Public Morals Division of the NYPD. Rapaport will play his partner Charlie Bullman. Starting this January, Rapaport will also appear in Season 5 of Justified, as the cousin of everyone's favorite dimwit, Dewey Crowe. Can you tell I'm more excited for Justified Season 5 than just about anything else? [Deadline]

... Josh Peck (Drake & Josh) is headed to The Big Bang Theory! He'll guest-star as as the nemesis of Stuart, the owner of the comic book store the guys frequent. Peck's character owns a nicer, more successful comic book store that's always full of customers. Whatever, I like my comic book stores like I like my life: empty. [TV Line]

... Annie Mumolo (Bridesmaids) has joined NBC's midseason comedy About A Boy. The single-camera series is based on Nick Hornby's book and stars David Walton (New Girl's Dr. Sam) as Will, a man-child. Mumolo will play Laurie, the wife of Will's best friend Andy (Al Madrigal). [Deadline]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/15/2014

Season 11 : Episode 34

54 Comments
Follow this Show
Members