A The X Factor (UK) Community
Saturday 7:00 PM on ITV

JUST DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK NEWS

... Desperate Housewives' Marcia Cross is eyeing a return to TV. She's landed the role of the mother in Fox's new comedy Fatrick. The pilot was written by Don’t Trust The B---- in Apt. 23’s Nahnatchka Khan and Corey Nickerson, and will be directed by Nat Faxon and Jim Rash (Community); it follows Patrick, a former fat kid who must face the lingering damage caused by his overweight childhood. Cross will play Patrick's mother, Arlene, a nutritionist. She can act in as many things as she wants, but to me she'll always be Melrose Place's Kimberly and she'll always be known for that scene in which she rips off her wig to reveal that horrible scar. [TV Line]

BUSINESS TIME

... When Fox moved Bones to Friday evenings earlier this fall, it appeared that the veteran drama was on its way out the door after nine seasons. But according to executive-producer Stephen Nathan, the season finale will feature a pretty huge cliffhanger. Does this mean the folks at Bones think they'll be back for Season 10? Or are they just the most optimistic people on the planet? [TV Line]

... Lionsgate wants to turn the story of the creation of Twitter into a TV show. I can't write anymore about this or my head will explode from disbelief. [Variety]

... Anchorman's David Koechner will star in and executive-produce a one-hour variety sketch show for NBC. Also credited as the creator of the project, Koechner is working on the pilot with former Comedy Central executive Lou Wallach. P.S. If you're a fan of Koechner, keep an eye out for him in the Season 5 premiere of Justified, where he'll play Deputy Marshall Gregg Sutter. [Deadline]

... Nothing is official yet, but word on the street is that Warner Bros TV has started drafting a new three-year licensing deal for The Big Bang Theory. The process will most likely involve an attempt to sign the series' stars for three more years once their contracts are up at the end of this season. That begs the question: How much do you love The Big Bang Theory? Another three years' worth? [Deadline]

... USA has ordered eight episodes of the half-hour reality series Chrisley Knows Best (thankfully, that's a working title). It's described as a "real-life family comedy" that follows Atlanta-based self-made multimillionaire Todd Chrisley (yeah, I don't know who he is either) and his family. The network claims that even though the family lives in a 30,000 square-foot house, they face real life problems just like the rest of us. Yeah, okay. Sure. [USA via press release]

... Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson is a homophobe. Like, a really, really big one. I wish I could say I was surprised to learn that someone from that show went and said something really stupid and offensive (to GQ none the less!), but I'm not. UPDATE: A&E has suspended Robertson indefinitely. While he hasn't been fired, he won't be appearing in new episodes of Duck Dynasty anytime soon. [Vulture / Variety]

... Bravo will celebrate New Year's Eve by airing a catch-up marathon of The Mindy Project Season 2 on December 31 from 11am to 5pm. Bravo's press release would like me to inform you the episodes will air in order, which is very kind of Bravo. It's nice to know this sort of thing still matters to some people (you can't tell, but I'm totally giving Fox the side eye for whatever it's doing with Almost Human this season). [Bravo via press release]

... truTV has greenlit Undercover Magic, which is exactly what is sounds like. Magician/prankster Michael Carbonaro stars in the hidden-camera show, in which he performs tricks on unsuspecting people in everyday situations. truTV has ordered 12 episodes, which I will probably never watch. [truTV via press release]

... Fox isn't commenting on the today's big X Factor news, which is that Demi Lovato is leaving the series after two seasons to focus on her music. Of course, after the show's dismal ratings in Season 3, who knows if there even will be a Season Lovato is possibly just jumping ship before it sinks. [TV Line]

... If you really love dumb FBI agents, then I have good news for you! Beginning December 22, you can watch the entire first season of The Following on all video-on-demand and digital platforms. Fox will be releasing all 16 episodes in batches of four or five, as part of Fox's upcoming Holiday Binge promotion. I suggest watching pretty much anything else the network has to offer, including: Almost Human, American Dad, Bob's Burgers, Bones, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Dads, Family Guy, Glee, The Mindy Project, New Girl, Raising Hope, The Simpsons, and Sleepy Hollow. [Fox via press release]

... Man, Sundance Channel has been on fire lately. Rectify is considered by many to be one of the best new shows of 2013. Top of the Lake was one of the year's best miniseries. And The Returned, a French import, is knocking people off their feet every week. Now the channel is developing Cold Dead Hands, a drama set against the backdrop of the NRA. The project will focus on the Thibodeaux family the ongoing debate about Americans' right to bear arms. That description doesn't do much for me, but then again neither did Rectify's, so here's hoping Cold Dead Hands will also be a pleasant surprise. [THR]

... Lone Target, Discovery's newest reality series starring ex-Navy SEAL Joel Lambert, will premiere January 1 at 10pm. Lambert will be dropped into dangerous locations for an extreme version of hide-and-seek. He'll be trying to evade the world's best military tracking teams with nothing but a basic survival kit and a canteen of water. Considering the fact that my basic survival kit contains a flatscreen TV, a DVD player, an extension cord plugged into an outlet, a wi-fi connection, and the entire series of The Shield, I'm pretty sure they'd be able to find me pretty easily. [Discovery via press release]

... HBO has filmed a special in honor of James Gandolfini, who passed away earlier this year at the age of 51. The program, titled James Gandolfini: Tribute to a Friend, will debut Sunday, December 22 at 8:30pm. Warning: You're probably going to want to pick up some tissues before you watch it. Here's a promo: 

[HBO via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... Graceland's Serinda Swan has joined The CW's The Tomorrow People in a guest-starring role. She'll play the Founder's daughter, Cassandra "Cassie" Smythe. She's described as being the most powerful breakout on the planet, so naturally she's a bank robber. She catches Stephen's eye once he realizes he shares a psychic connection with her, similar to the one he shares with Cara. [THR]

... Fred Armisen will reprise his bizarre role as Melipnos from Brooklyn Nine-Nine's pilot for the show's big post-Super Bowl episode. Amy, played by Melissa Fumero, and Jake (Andy Samberg) will run into him while they're out searching for a suspect. [EW]

... Michael Rapaport has landed a role in Ed Burns' new TNT drama pilot Public Morals. The project is based in New York City in 1967, and Burns plays a cop in the Public Morals Division of the NYPD. Rapaport will play his partner Charlie Bullman. Starting this January, Rapaport will also appear in Season 5 of Justified, as the cousin of everyone's favorite dimwit, Dewey Crowe. Can you tell I'm more excited for Justified Season 5 than just about anything else? [Deadline]

... Josh Peck (Drake & Josh) is headed to The Big Bang Theory! He'll guest-star as as the nemesis of Stuart, the owner of the comic book store the guys frequent. Peck's character owns a nicer, more successful comic book store that's always full of customers. Whatever, I like my comic book stores like I like my life: empty. [TV Line]

... Annie Mumolo (Bridesmaids) has joined NBC's midseason comedy About A Boy. The single-camera series is based on Nick Hornby's book and stars David Walton (New Girl's Dr. Sam) as Will, a man-child. Mumolo will play Laurie, the wife of Will's best friend Andy (Al Madrigal). [Deadline]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/13/2015

Season 12 : Episode 28

Next Episode

TONIGHT AT 7PM

Season 13 : Episode 1

54 Comments
Comments (54)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Maybe I missed part of what Phil had said bit most of it was just a crude way of saying he prefers the vagina over the penis. God forbid someone isn't trumpeting the gay rights agenda.
Flag
I read his quotes and I saw nothing wrong - just because I'm for gay rights doesn't mean he has to be. I didn't see where he said hateful things just that he felt it was sinful. And honestly, his vagina/anus comment was pretty funny!
Flag
And yes, his Jesus/Nazis/Shinto comment was pretty ignorant but based on his belief system I can understand what he is trying to say. We don't have to twist shit around everytime to support our supposed superior intellect do we?
Flag
Yes, the clay is silent.
Flag
"If you're gonna be dumb you'll better be tough..."
In case of this duck weirdo:
"If you're gonna be dumb you'll better be mute..."
Anal, animals, Nazis, terrorists,Shintos, vaginas, Jesus, drunks, gays, Islam, Pearl Harbor, Christianity never murdered anyone - what a weird duckshit.
Flag
'Tomorrow People' just keeps getting better and better. Serinda Swan is an excellent addition to the cast. 'Graceland' was the pile of trash that kept getting bigger as the season progressed -great cast, that it didn't know how to use , but it quickly just became a really lame USA crime procedural - so hopefully they can just add her to the cast here and keep her. 'TP' still has some problems but they are being worked through as the series progresses and there is definitely a good show in there. I still really miss her in 'Breakout Kings' which should never have been canceled by the dumb f's at A&E.
Flag
Honestly, I would be very interested to know what it is about TTP that you like? The first 2 versions of this one were bad and I've yet to find the new one much different. I started out watching with an open mind, but as the series has progressed, I'm down to only one character that I can tolerate. In fact, I've started to root for the other side, hoping that they would kill off the main character because he's just plain annoying and I just can't buy into his motivation for acting the way he does.

I guess they've achieved the main objective, tho. I still watch it occasionally, why, I'm not sure.
Flag
They are making Robbie Amell' boring 'Stephen' less and less important to telling the story - baby steps in the right direction. (Although I'm hoping he has a 'come to Jesus' moment in one of these episodes and gets better - his cousin also started off pretty shakey in 'Arrow's freshman run but has gotten so much better.) I also like Carly Pope and Mark Pellegrino and think that their story could be good. 'Cara' (Peyton List) and 'John' (Luke Mitchell) are doing fine and becoming more interesting and Russell (Aaron Yoo) got an episode and it was also pretty good. They also have 'Shameless''s 'Karen' Laura Slade Wiggins in the cast playing one of the TP, 'Irene' and she's not horrible. Its doing a better job of improving than S.H.I.E.L.D. which went into its winter break continuing to suck. Its by no means perfect but I think they found out what didn't work and they are striving to get better.
Flag
I could easily see The Big Bang Theory going on for another three years, and I'd gladly watch, but what I'm wondering is who's Warner Brothers talking about when they says they're trying to re-sign its "stars"? Sheldon (Jim Parsons), Penny (Kaley Cuoco), and Leonard (Johnny Galecki) are the obvious ones, but where does that leave the other four, Amy, Howard, Bernadette and Raj?

When you think of some of the most recent long-running and successful sitcoms like Frasier, Two and a Half Men, Friends, Seinfeld majority of their casts were primarily smaller, probably a helping factor to their longevity. It also remains to be seen whether the actors will try and do as the Friends cast did and fight so that they all had the same salary. Despite the fact some of them were considered bigger named stars at the time, on a series like Friends that was much easier to accomplish because all the characters had a similar amount of importance/ screen-time on the series.

The Big Bang Theory is different in the sense that while it's still an ensemble, there is definitely a larger focus on Parsons, Cuoco and Galecki over the others. I think so far in their contracts all three have gotten more money than the others, so it remains to be seen if this will continue or not, but my bet if that it comes down to hard negotiations with the others, and the money puts the future of the series in jeopardy, that they'll let one of these other character go.
More+
Flag
Staff
Mayim and Melissa just recently closed their deals, I believe. And after Kaley, Johnny and Jim close theirs, I think Simon and Kunal will negotiate theirs.
Flag
I think The Big Bang Theory has generally done a decent job with character development over their 7 seasons, however I'm not sure these characters have 3 more season worth of growth in them. I think they should keep it to one season at a time and see where it goes.
Flag
Homophobia is defined as "Fear of lesbians and gay people" (as defined by 'The Free Dictionary' online).

How is his comment homophobic? Is he displaying fear of homosexual people? No! He is stating his opinion. What gets me riled up (passively aggressively of course) is that everyone has the right to free speech - unless it offends someone.

Free speech isn't just for - and I'm not trying to single this group out specifically, it's just the given example - free speech isn't just for homosexual people going against the "conservative" view of marriage; free speech should also allow for people who don't believe in homosexuality to share their views and opinions on the subject.

Now I'm sure to have written something that will receive responses saying that I am not saying the right thing or something of the like - and that is your right of free speech - but at the same time, this is also my right to free speech.

Although I really think that Internet trolls do not deserve free speech. Kill them all! (By the way, this last comment is just to lighten the mood, so do not think that I want to kill Internet trolls.)
More+
Flag
Free speech is free speech until it hurts somebody. That's why you can't yell, "Fire!" in a crowded theater, why you can't slander a person's name without probable cause, and why you (morally) should not spread hateful messages about a certain group of people, no matter who that group is.

This is not a liberal vs conservative issue. This is not a straight vs homosexual issue. This is a human rights issue. He is degrading an entire group of humans for being different from him. This type of hate should not be tolerated; I don't care who he's insulting! I'm glad A&E took a stand, and I'm saddened that so many people don't understand why.
Flag
But this isn't a free speech issue. The first amendment only has to do with Congress passing laws that inhibit free speech. A&E can do whatever they want with the people they air based on what they say.
Flag
Yeah, I dont' believe in black people either.
Flag
- The producers of Bones must know that they are getting a tenth season. If they ended the ninth season with a cliffhanger, and would then get cancelled, that would be one of the biggest fuck yous to viewers in TV history.
- Serinda Swan definitely deserves more attention both in film and on TV. Hopefully she'll get a role in Arrow soon. (I know, she already was in Smallville.)
Flag
Why Arrow? Just curious. I like her too.
Flag
Why Arrow? No special reason. Just that out of the shows I'm watching, I think a role on Arrow would fit her really well. I would like to see her as a villain on that show. But then again, there are many shows I like to imagine her in: Orange is the New Black, American Horror Story, Community...
Flag
Mlepnos. M-l-e-p... clay. The "clay" is silent.
Flag
I really don't think we need another 3 years of Big Bang Theory. I really don't think there is any new topics to be covered on this show.

I also think that it's time to let Bones end. The only thing left for the characters is to have Booth and Bones divorce; or Hodges and Angela divorce. Of course, if they do Angel and Booth could hook up as well as Hodges and Bones. Spouse Swap anyone? Then again if they did that it would just be another run of the mill comedy. Let it go......
Flag
'Angel and Booth could hook up..' I know it was a typo, but that would be so much fun to watch!
Flag
I say this as someone who falls into both categories; the people who watch bones probably don't have anythign better to do on a friday night.

I actually quit The Big Bang Theory this year. the laugh track became too much.

I would maybe watch Undercover Magic if it didn't look like it was staged. that's become a growing concern of mine over time and why I haven't touched reality shows in ages.

wow I didn't notice that that was USA that ordered that reality series. I agree with Mate, they're idiots. eff them up their stupid arses. while necessary roughness' last season wasn't as strong as its priors I can probably blame fear of cancellation for that shake-up and what amounted to a drop in quality IMO. now they're doing reality shows? FFS...

I tried the tomorrow people and it was everything I originally feared arrow would be (bad.) of course graceland was a bit of a disappointment as well.

I'm totally looking forward to this season of justified and can't believe it's been a year already. dewey had better be back this season and make up for what was a terrible stint on almost human. though I blame almost human and not him.

public morals is something I'd probably at least try. hopefully it doesn't have any douche casting or characters like mob city.

More+
Flag
Staff
Dewey is most definitely back in this season of Justified. In a big way.
Flag
No! It's long past time for Bones to turn to, well, bones.

Either they'll give us a cliffhanger that'll be resolved immediately next season, after which the show will return to its boring and improbable cases of the week, OR they'll get cancelled in between seasons and never resolve the damn thing. Cliffhangers must be stopped, now and forever!

Bones has virtually nothing interesting left to say or do. The cliffhanger will surely involve Pelant's as-yet-undicovered bombs (yes, plural). Yawn. Wrap this show up already, Fox.

--------

Koechner should mesh well with Justified's down home excellence. Good casting choice, IMO.

Flag
Look, not defending Phil Robertson and what he said in the slightest but you might want to read the whole article before tossing that label on him. He's a southern Baptist in his thinking and that brand of religion strongly follows the bible. Oh, and dial back the snark about Duck Dynasty and save it for whatever the Kardashians do next...
Flag
I don't watch Duck Dynasty and I certainly do not agree with Phil Robertson's comments, but I don't think him being suspended for expressing his beliefs is right either.

I read the comments he made and he did not preach hatred or violence against homosexuals. He just stated that he believed it was a sin, after he was asked to give his opinion on sin. We may agree or disagree with what he said, but it is his opinion and he is entitled to it.

Would you want to be suspended or fired from a job because you hold an opinion that your employer and some other people do not agree with or believe is politically correct?
Flag
Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, just as A&E is entitled to not air the words of someone who disagrees with them or they view as problematic for their company.
Flag
"Nazis, no Jesus. Look at their record. Uh, Shintos? They started this thing in Pearl Harbor. Any Jesus among them? None. Communists? None. Islamists? Zero. "

I read that, and I think I'm entitled to call him more than homophobic. Not that the homophobia was acceptable in the first place.
(Also, does he know that quite a few heterosexual couples actually do practice and enjoy anal sex, amongst other things? Just putting it out there... Sex with a homophobic must be so boring.)
Flag
Well said! How anyone could defend that blows my mind.
Flag
...He basically said that gays are sinners who need to find the lord and lumped them in with terrorists...
Flag
Nothing wrong with 3 more years of Big Bang Thoery.
Flag
I love the big bang theory but not that much
Flag
Ok at this point I have to start to question USA's choice for TV shows. None of their new stuff sounds good at all.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members