TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

The X Factor (UK) Forums

Saturday 7:00 PM on ITVIn Season

The Final Result: Ruth's Out!

PokeSponge123

[1]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 20

Ever since Laura was voted out, I've wanted Ruth out, and tonight was PERFECT timing!

I loved Eoghan's version of "We're All In This Together" and I voted for him. The thing is: Eoghan may have been the last choosen contestant but he could've got the most votes for all we know!!

So what are your thoughts of Ruth's departure?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TwistedConverse

[2]Nov 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    Eoghan was absolutely awful tonight IMO. I hated both his songs and in his second one I couldn't hear him over the backing singers. Just absolutely atrocious.

Ruth was outstanding both times, Alexandra's second performance one of the best performances I've ever heard. JLS awful in the first song, loved the second. Diana was 'meh' in the first song but I really liked the second one.

Alex or Diana to win!

keiths_sarah

[3]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 9

I'm so glad Ruth's out she always shouted instead of singing and she did the same last night!! I was shocked at how Louis picked "Hit me baby one more time" for JLS it was horrible!!! Even Diana's "Not a girl, not yet a woman" was horrific!! i was looking forward to britney night but I do have to say the American songs after were better!! i'm glad they all went through though! I was so happy last week when Rachel got voted out she should've never went through to live shows...she should've never went to bootcamp she was horrible!!!!

I really dont know who i want to win.....it's so hard to pick!!!

xx

TreeHill_89

[5]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 32
    I really wanted Ruth to be in the final. I thought she was amazing last night. JLS TO WIN!!! But i think it's gonna be Diana or Alex

MovieMark

[6]Nov 30, 2008
    • level: 31
    Ruth has always been amazing, it's such a pity she's out. The only one who can match Ruth note-for-note is Alexandra, the rest are nowhere near her.

HOWEVER, as Simon said, it's a British show and the Brits were hardly gonna let a Spanish person into the final.

Diana was off this week...

JLS have appeal, and their second song was pretty good.

Eoghan...I honestly don't know what he's doing here, although we are suffering the Camp Rock/Miley Cyrus generation, so I can see all the tweens keeping him in (until next week).

Alex is just...phrwar! I love her.

TwistedConverse

[7]Dec 1, 2008
    Yeah I agree. Ruth was without a doubt the best this week IMO. Her performance of "Always" is probably my fave XF performance ever (unless I'm forgetting one of Leona's or something). It was just amazing.

I'd say Alex is probably the best to win ATM. She's never had a bad week. Although if Diana can give more performances that were as good as Week 1-4 ones, I'd want her to win.

If Eoghan wins, it will be an utter travesty. Worst XF winner ever.

MovieMark

[8]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 31
    Well he was the bottom this week, so I have a feeling his "cute-factor" is wearing thin. I mean, WTF was with the song choices this week?

TwistedConverse

[9]Dec 2, 2008
    The results were in no particular order though .

I hated both his songs. Lots. Sadly JLS or Diana will leave this week I think and we'll be stuck with him until the final.

TreeHill_89

[10]Dec 2, 2008
    • level: 32
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    The results were in no particular order though .

I hated both his songs. Lots. Sadly JLS or Diana will leave this week I think and we'll be stuck with him until the final.

I will don't want JLS to leave this week. Eoghan should of gone instead of Ruth

TwistedConverse

[11]Dec 2, 2008
    Yeah I want Eoghan out this week. JLS are much better than him.

PokeSponge123

[12]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 20
    Nah, Eoghan just did an AMAZING performance. JLS can't beat it.

AegisAtreyu

[13]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 17
    Although Eoghan is visibly the most improved over the course of this series I believe in the last couple of weeks he's not improved enough to be in the final like he is. I was really annoyed when Laura went out and definitely when Ruth went out because as pleased with herself and cocky as she may seem at times you can't deny she was a good performer. Ruth should get a recording contract anyway and possibly release a Spanish language album. One thing, I was glad when Rachel went though, didn't like her personality (breaking away from her mentor was just laughable on her part) and she sounded like a mouse on a hundred cigarettes a day.