The X Factor (UK)

Saturday 7:00 PM on ITV Premiered Sep 01, 2004 In Season

thefanof

The X Factor (UK) Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• Louis Walsh, Simon Cowell and Sharon Osborne are all given the task to bring out the next big music wonder!

The show is one of the best reality music series I've ever watched! I'm constantly hooked and voting till the end!

It all starts at the auditions which has to be my favourite part of the show...you can watch talentless singers who think they have the whole package (dance, the voice and the looks). Although you are laughing at people who's dreams are being crushed it's hard not to laugh especially when you hear the judges comments.

Eleven people (I think) are then sent off to bootcamp where they meet there mentor (one of the judges). The contestants are put in categories: under 25s, over 25s and groups. After boot camps each mentor has to choose 4 acts to go through to the live shows and then we watch them perform live and each week one contestants dreams are shattered and they are sent home!

Although the winner always disappears at the end of the show it is still fun to bet how long they will last in the music business...whether they will be like One True (Who) Voice or Will Young and Girls Aloud....

Absolutely amazing show....weekly fix!
  • The worst reality show ever created. It is only glorified Kareoake! They can\\\'t even sing!

The lowest of the low.
    The only \\\'real\\\' talent this show has is the abysmal auditions with the hilarious people who think they can sing when they are far from a singing star. Even the ones who get through are quite bad.
    Simon Cowell is the worst judge I have ever seen. All he wants is money money money and fame fame fame. He is a selfish greedy pig and throws his toys out of the pram when he cannot get his own way. He will deliberately destroy his opponents to get his own way and he is the worst exscuse for a human being (along with Hitler and Stalin!)
    The most awful show and should be taken off the air IMMEDIATELY!
  • Another show that gives you the chance to watch people off the streets get humiliated on National TV. After all the nutters get kicked out at the first auditions, slowly a few turn out some manufactured sounds while the numbers are whittled down.

1.3
    Female family members and girlfriends (hence I get to see it) seem to love this, especially when a contestant breaks into tears and visibly shows misery. Like rubber necking a car accident. The program is a televised factory, turning out an act with a one hit single and album that will be long forgotten before it begins producing the next. Nicely illustrates everything that is wrong with today\'s TV and music in a single show, I guess thats an achievement of sorts.
  • Pretty good!

I used to think this show was complete rubbish cause it was a music show but when i started watching the first episode of the 3rd season i gained intrest in this show yet Simon Cowell is hilarous in this show and it's great so far i have been sad that Sean did'nt go through cause i wanted him to win(the guy who was 16 the nervous one in the third season) i all though want to know where i can watch the first two seasons cause i did'nt really watch it the only thing i knew about the second season was that Shayne Ward won i extremely liked his music *sigh* the only good thing to only ever come over here in Britain unlike Doctor Who which is stupid and the Crazy Frog which is extremely annoying this and Mr.Bean are the only good things over here in Britain i hope this show gets a 4th season as well.
  • A UK based music reality show with a difference: "anyone and everyone can audition". The contest is open to 3 different categories: under 25, over 25, and groups.ROUND 1 The Auditions In the first round, each of the contestants must audition for

this is the best show in the world i love it. my fave person is sharon osbourne she is like a mum to all the people if the xfactor finished i dont no what i would do is is so like grrr wen your fae person goes out or even a juges goes out i really hate is wen sharon goes out. The Auditions In the first round, each of the contestants must audition for the 3 judges. They can either go through to the next round or go home . . The Judges: Simon Cowell sharon osbourne and lulo
  • One of those shows you just get into...and wish you hadn't.

7.8
    As with most reality/talent shows, once you start watching, you're hooked untill the final.

For most people the highlight of the X factor is the auditions and laughing at all the people who mistakenly think they can sing!

There's good chemistry between the judges and Simon has made my laugh a number of times this series.

Simon: That perforance is as relevant as a cat walking into crufts and saying "Hey! I'm different!"

Simon: You couldn't win this compectition if you were the only one who entered....in a million years.
  • I think that it is so good.

X factor is just great. I love the auditions the best. The people who can't sing on the auditions are so funny. It's just such a good show. It's entertaining every week. Saturday nights aren't the same without it. It's good that there isn't a maximum age to because it gives the older people a second chance.
  • The one and ONLY reason I'm writing this is because...

2.5
    ...I hate this show so much!!!

People who like it (yes apparently there are some), well I just can't understand you. People slag off Big Brother (which despite still having great moments unfortuneately seems to be going down hill aswell) yet Pop Idol was/is worse by far; and somewhere along the line they decided to clone it? Why? Yeah it was innevitable that some bright spark would feel the need to copy it in hopes of the same 'success' (more likely it was just the novelty of Pop Idol being a bit different than actual success).

Even the title annoys me. I could just imagine the creators pitch in the board room now...
    Creator: " And it's called X factor"
    Chairman: "Really!? 'X' - factor? Well I can see it doing well already since it has an 'X' in the title. When can you start the auditions?"

OK so it's not exactly like Pop Idol, it's less restricted. They've now got hordes of tone-deaf wannabies from 3 different categories: under 25's, over 25's and groups. Still making noise a strangled cat would be ashamed of in order to impress the judges: Simon Cowell (wow that name sounds familiar, where could it be from?), Louie Walsh (the guy who forced westlife on us!? ARE YOU MAD!?) and Sharon Osbourne (being married to someone in the music bussiness doesn't make you an expert). The show goes on for far too long, is over advertised and is hyped up WAY too much.

I'll admit the show is a decent watch in the first few weeks, if you enjoy watching the misfortune of others. It can be funny, but really, you be much better off watching just about anything else.

If you still desperately want to watch this (and probably have some sort of death wish involving boredom) then watch the first few weeks ONLY. But for your own sake, or the sake of your sanity at least, skip the last!

I give the X Factor a 5/10 for the first few weeks but only a 2.5/10 overall.

-Thanks for reading- & -Happy watching-
  • An addictive show.

There are lots of singing shows now but in my opinion this is the best one. There are 3 judges Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell. Each one is known for something different. Sharon can be sweet and kind but if she doesn't like someone, she definetly lets them know it. Louis's comments are usually cull of cheese but he's harmless enough. Simon is known for his put downs but most of the time he says what everyone else is saying. The audition rounds ae the funniest but its getting to a stage now where you can't believe that some of the people that come to audition actually think they can sing.
  • Why do I watch this??? I have no idea but its good and amusing and mindless TV!

Why do I watch this??? I have no idea but its good and amusing and mindless TV! X Factor has brought me something to watch and follow on and have a personal favorite as such. But I do wonder why I watch it. I dislike things like this greatly but for some reason I watch it and start to like it. Yeah mixed feelings over it, it either annoys you or it gives you amusment. I'm in the middle of those. X Factor is something I will be watching when its one once again. The auditions are of course the best and most amusing part of the whole series.
  • Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair.

Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair. However, I can't forgive those who waste my time with something like this. Why did I pick up something called The X Factor in the first place?
  • My friend is going to star on this

Ok so I don't know if it is this one but I think it is. When I go out on Friday nights (Sometimes Sundays) I see a DJ down at a local pub I go to (Unnamed due to legal suits) but he sings some songs and he told me that he is going to star in the X-Factor or if there is another form of something like this then he's going to star in it... He's got auditions soon... He deals with the karaoke and like I said sings sometimes. I think he might do well on it... He might not get to the final but I reckon he could make it quite some distance on it and hopefully he will.
  • oh nooooooo

Ok i like X factor because its just great but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Chico has been voted off comeo on he kept the show funny now its just about finding out who wins. grrrrr to all of you who didnt vote for Chico. but still Sharons still there and so is simon.
  • OK but not as good as Pop Idol

The X Factor is not a bad show and I am not saying that I don't enloy it. However, i think that because of Simon Cowell being a judge, it will always be compared to Pop Idol which will wipe the floor with it every time. it confuses me slightly the point of the public voting when the judges have the final say who goes through. It's also very obvious that each judge will vote for their own contestant. In my opinion it should be up to the audience totally who goes through. It is, though, good saturday night entertainment.
  • Simon Cowell makes this show good!

6.7
    One of them main reasons I watch this show is because of Mr. Nasty Simon Cowell! The guy is an absolute legend, and his no nonsense, straight talking is easily one of the funniest things on TV. The auditions really make me laugh because 97% of the contestants that apply can’t sing, which is amusing seeing as the competition is all about looking for great singers. X Factor as a whole, is a nice family show that offers entertainment for the whole family.
  • Judges Simon, Louis and Sharon are back to look for the next big thing in music.

For me, this is the best show of its type. Why? Because its entertaining and enjoyable to watch especially during the auditions. The best moments are when they get a particulary bad singer who genuinly think they can sing. Overall, its a great Saturday night show that I can guarantee you'll get a laugh out of.
  • Haven't I seen this before?

Although I love the show, I can't help thinking that this type of show is becoming a cliche. The X Factor is the same as Pop Idol and Pop Stars, but with a different show name.
    Simon, Sharon and Louis are great judges because they give professional and honest opinions.
    The acts that got into the final 10 were all great. My favourite was Tabby and G4 (though everyone was good).
    It was gripping drama and there were on-the-edge-of-your-seat moments on the night of the live final.
    The decision for the viewers was G4 or Steve, Steve or G4. I think that both Steve and G4 should of won because they were both fantastic singers. The problem was- only one group or person could have THE X FACTOR.

I can't wait for the next season!
  • The X Factor is great!

The X Factor is one of the best reality shows I have ever watched. I don't really like many reality shows but everytime X Factor is on it speaks well for reality television.

The judges are great and some of the singers are great too, some aren't really but some are the best you have ever heard of. For instance: Chico and Alexandra!

If you want to watch some decent television and you live in Great Britain then I recommend you watch this, take some time out to watch it. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Good luck to all contestants!

-Beller
  • X-factor rocks people salute Simon and sharon!

i'm glad that X-factor returned i was wored that it might not go back since what happened last year between Sharon and Simon i love the horrible acts they make me laugh like mad and wonder why the trio even bother with them and i enjoyed the few good sigers that sound like born singer can't wait for next week!. YOU ROCK X-FACTOR!
1 2 >