The X Factor (UK)

Saturday 7:00 PM on ITV Premiered Sep 01, 2004 In Season

thefanof

The X Factor (UK) Fan Reviews (48)

• X-factor rocks people salute Simon and sharon!

i'm glad that X-factor returned i was wored that it might not go back since what happened last year between Sharon and Simon i love the horrible acts they make me laugh like mad and wonder why the trio even bother with them and i enjoyed the few good sigers that sound like born singer can't wait for next week!. YOU ROCK X-FACTOR!
  • The X Factor is great!

The X Factor is one of the best reality shows I have ever watched. I don't really like many reality shows but everytime X Factor is on it speaks well for reality television.

The judges are great and some of the singers are great too, some aren't really but some are the best you have ever heard of. For instance: Chico and Alexandra!

If you want to watch some decent television and you live in Great Britain then I recommend you watch this, take some time out to watch it. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Good luck to all contestants!

-Beller
  • Haven't I seen this before?

Although I love the show, I can't help thinking that this type of show is becoming a cliche. The X Factor is the same as Pop Idol and Pop Stars, but with a different show name.
    Simon, Sharon and Louis are great judges because they give professional and honest opinions.
    The acts that got into the final 10 were all great. My favourite was Tabby and G4 (though everyone was good).
    It was gripping drama and there were on-the-edge-of-your-seat moments on the night of the live final.
    The decision for the viewers was G4 or Steve, Steve or G4. I think that both Steve and G4 should of won because they were both fantastic singers. The problem was- only one group or person could have THE X FACTOR.

I can't wait for the next season!
  • Judges Simon, Louis and Sharon are back to look for the next big thing in music.

For me, this is the best show of its type. Why? Because its entertaining and enjoyable to watch especially during the auditions. The best moments are when they get a particulary bad singer who genuinly think they can sing. Overall, its a great Saturday night show that I can guarantee you'll get a laugh out of.
  • Simon Cowell makes this show good!

6.7
    One of them main reasons I watch this show is because of Mr. Nasty Simon Cowell! The guy is an absolute legend, and his no nonsense, straight talking is easily one of the funniest things on TV. The auditions really make me laugh because 97% of the contestants that apply can’t sing, which is amusing seeing as the competition is all about looking for great singers. X Factor as a whole, is a nice family show that offers entertainment for the whole family.
  • OK but not as good as Pop Idol

The X Factor is not a bad show and I am not saying that I don't enloy it. However, i think that because of Simon Cowell being a judge, it will always be compared to Pop Idol which will wipe the floor with it every time. it confuses me slightly the point of the public voting when the judges have the final say who goes through. It's also very obvious that each judge will vote for their own contestant. In my opinion it should be up to the audience totally who goes through. It is, though, good saturday night entertainment.
  • oh nooooooo

Ok i like X factor because its just great but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Chico has been voted off comeo on he kept the show funny now its just about finding out who wins. grrrrr to all of you who didnt vote for Chico. but still Sharons still there and so is simon.
  • My friend is going to star on this

Ok so I don't know if it is this one but I think it is. When I go out on Friday nights (Sometimes Sundays) I see a DJ down at a local pub I go to (Unnamed due to legal suits) but he sings some songs and he told me that he is going to star in the X-Factor or if there is another form of something like this then he's going to star in it... He's got auditions soon... He deals with the karaoke and like I said sings sometimes. I think he might do well on it... He might not get to the final but I reckon he could make it quite some distance on it and hopefully he will.
  • Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair.

Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair. However, I can't forgive those who waste my time with something like this. Why did I pick up something called The X Factor in the first place?
  • Why do I watch this??? I have no idea but its good and amusing and mindless TV!

Why do I watch this??? I have no idea but its good and amusing and mindless TV! X Factor has brought me something to watch and follow on and have a personal favorite as such. But I do wonder why I watch it. I dislike things like this greatly but for some reason I watch it and start to like it. Yeah mixed feelings over it, it either annoys you or it gives you amusment. I'm in the middle of those. X Factor is something I will be watching when its one once again. The auditions are of course the best and most amusing part of the whole series.
  • An addictive show.

There are lots of singing shows now but in my opinion this is the best one. There are 3 judges Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell. Each one is known for something different. Sharon can be sweet and kind but if she doesn't like someone, she definetly lets them know it. Louis's comments are usually cull of cheese but he's harmless enough. Simon is known for his put downs but most of the time he says what everyone else is saying. The audition rounds ae the funniest but its getting to a stage now where you can't believe that some of the people that come to audition actually think they can sing.
  • The one and ONLY reason I'm writing this is because...

2.5
    ...I hate this show so much!!!

People who like it (yes apparently there are some), well I just can't understand you. People slag off Big Brother (which despite still having great moments unfortuneately seems to be going down hill aswell) yet Pop Idol was/is worse by far; and somewhere along the line they decided to clone it? Why? Yeah it was innevitable that some bright spark would feel the need to copy it in hopes of the same 'success' (more likely it was just the novelty of Pop Idol being a bit different than actual success).

Even the title annoys me. I could just imagine the creators pitch in the board room now...
    Creator: " And it's called X factor"
    Chairman: "Really!? 'X' - factor? Well I can see it doing well already since it has an 'X' in the title. When can you start the auditions?"

OK so it's not exactly like Pop Idol, it's less restricted. They've now got hordes of tone-deaf wannabies from 3 different categories: under 25's, over 25's and groups. Still making noise a strangled cat would be ashamed of in order to impress the judges: Simon Cowell (wow that name sounds familiar, where could it be from?), Louie Walsh (the guy who forced westlife on us!? ARE YOU MAD!?) and Sharon Osbourne (being married to someone in the music bussiness doesn't make you an expert). The show goes on for far too long, is over advertised and is hyped up WAY too much.

I'll admit the show is a decent watch in the first few weeks, if you enjoy watching the misfortune of others. It can be funny, but really, you be much better off watching just about anything else.

If you still desperately want to watch this (and probably have some sort of death wish involving boredom) then watch the first few weeks ONLY. But for your own sake, or the sake of your sanity at least, skip the last!

I give the X Factor a 5/10 for the first few weeks but only a 2.5/10 overall.

-Thanks for reading- & -Happy watching-
  • I think that it is so good.

X factor is just great. I love the auditions the best. The people who can't sing on the auditions are so funny. It's just such a good show. It's entertaining every week. Saturday nights aren't the same without it. It's good that there isn't a maximum age to because it gives the older people a second chance.
  • One of those shows you just get into...and wish you hadn't.

7.8
    As with most reality/talent shows, once you start watching, you're hooked untill the final.

For most people the highlight of the X factor is the auditions and laughing at all the people who mistakenly think they can sing!

There's good chemistry between the judges and Simon has made my laugh a number of times this series.

Simon: That perforance is as relevant as a cat walking into crufts and saying "Hey! I'm different!"

Simon: You couldn't win this compectition if you were the only one who entered....in a million years.
  • A UK based music reality show with a difference: "anyone and everyone can audition". The contest is open to 3 different categories: under 25, over 25, and groups.ROUND 1 The Auditions In the first round, each of the contestants must audition for

this is the best show in the world i love it. my fave person is sharon osbourne she is like a mum to all the people if the xfactor finished i dont no what i would do is is so like grrr wen your fae person goes out or even a juges goes out i really hate is wen sharon goes out. The Auditions In the first round, each of the contestants must audition for the 3 judges. They can either go through to the next round or go home . . The Judges: Simon Cowell sharon osbourne and lulo
  • Pretty good!

I used to think this show was complete rubbish cause it was a music show but when i started watching the first episode of the 3rd season i gained intrest in this show yet Simon Cowell is hilarous in this show and it's great so far i have been sad that Sean did'nt go through cause i wanted him to win(the guy who was 16 the nervous one in the third season) i all though want to know where i can watch the first two seasons cause i did'nt really watch it the only thing i knew about the second season was that Shayne Ward won i extremely liked his music *sigh* the only good thing to only ever come over here in Britain unlike Doctor Who which is stupid and the Crazy Frog which is extremely annoying this and Mr.Bean are the only good things over here in Britain i hope this show gets a 4th season as well.
  • Another show that gives you the chance to watch people off the streets get humiliated on National TV. After all the nutters get kicked out at the first auditions, slowly a few turn out some manufactured sounds while the numbers are whittled down.

1.3
    Female family members and girlfriends (hence I get to see it) seem to love this, especially when a contestant breaks into tears and visibly shows misery. Like rubber necking a car accident. The program is a televised factory, turning out an act with a one hit single and album that will be long forgotten before it begins producing the next. Nicely illustrates everything that is wrong with today\'s TV and music in a single show, I guess thats an achievement of sorts.
  • The worst reality show ever created. It is only glorified Kareoake! They can\\\'t even sing!

The lowest of the low.
    The only \\\'real\\\' talent this show has is the abysmal auditions with the hilarious people who think they can sing when they are far from a singing star. Even the ones who get through are quite bad.
    Simon Cowell is the worst judge I have ever seen. All he wants is money money money and fame fame fame. He is a selfish greedy pig and throws his toys out of the pram when he cannot get his own way. He will deliberately destroy his opponents to get his own way and he is the worst exscuse for a human being (along with Hitler and Stalin!)
    The most awful show and should be taken off the air IMMEDIATELY!
  • Louis Walsh, Simon Cowell and Sharon Osborne are all given the task to bring out the next big music wonder!

The show is one of the best reality music series I've ever watched! I'm constantly hooked and voting till the end!

It all starts at the auditions which has to be my favourite part of the show...you can watch talentless singers who think they have the whole package (dance, the voice and the looks). Although you are laughing at people who's dreams are being crushed it's hard not to laugh especially when you hear the judges comments.

Eleven people (I think) are then sent off to bootcamp where they meet there mentor (one of the judges). The contestants are put in categories: under 25s, over 25s and groups. After boot camps each mentor has to choose 4 acts to go through to the live shows and then we watch them perform live and each week one contestants dreams are shattered and they are sent home!

Although the winner always disappears at the end of the show it is still fun to bet how long they will last in the music business...whether they will be like One True (Who) Voice or Will Young and Girls Aloud....

Absolutely amazing show....weekly fix!
  • haha soo funny i luv it when complete idiots make it onto the show!

i really love this show!! it's really funny when people that can't even sing enter the competition! its really funny to watch so it entertaines me for a while. Even though it is not the best ever show it is still really good. I also think that american idol is better, but the x factor is still really good. its good for all the family to watch so yeah i recomend you watch it! I think that without Simon cawol the show wouldnt be where it is now! Simon completes the show, espesially when he makes fun of people. I know its grim on them but they shouldv thought of the conciquenses before entering.
  • It starts out so badly but by the live shows its unmissable

7.4
    Every year I have to cringe at the antics of the auditions and even into the boot camp but normally apart from the odd act that I'm sure is only there for the novelty the live shows usually have acts that should be OK This last two years have had the worst acts such as Chico and the McDonald brothers but we always eventually end up with real winners and season three was no different as we ended up with Ben, Ray and Leona with the fabulous voice of Leona winning how can they find another voice to top her!

This year we have a change in both a judge and the presenter going but hopefully this wont affect the show
  • Unless you enjoy crying yourself to sleep on a saturday night do not i repeat do not watch the x factor

The main problem with the x factor is that it is one of the things made by the huge tv corperations made to brainwash humanity by showing showing fat people making idiots of themselves, a prime example being jade goodie. Now back to the x factor.A bad thing about the x factor is that they had taken people from all over the uk with no singing talent whatsoever and pited theselves against eachother to see who can make the biggest idiot of themselves on national tv. Also when luis walsh was on the panel(thank god simon fired him) he always picked the people who where irish even though some of them had no talent at all, take the connorway sisters for example.The overall effect of the x factor is you rolling around the floor laughing because of the pathetic attempts at singing from all over the british isles. You might expect better quality from a primary school production.
    The person who wrote the top paragraph does not represent me and my thoughts.
  • Reality TV Music show.... the best bits are the trials

Every year since 2004 The X Factor hits our screens in a bid to make an original artist a number 1 for Xmas, but the series always starts with the trials, with the good, the bad and the pure ugly auditions, with Simon Cowell et al passing off a few insults here and there to put the auditionees down. This is a fun show to watch but once the finalists are in it seems pretty much downhill from there, as the favourites are never criticised, and the least favourites are reduced to embarrassing comments. Good to watch, but the overall winner comes a little too obvious too close tot he beginning of the contest
  • This week's X Factor auditions took place at Sheffield, Birmingham and Manchester, where another bunch of hopefuls arrived to try and become the next big music sensation.

16-year-old Nathaniel's "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" was 'bizarre' according to Louis, with Simon stating "You need to change your record collection". Along with Bongoman's equally-bizarre "Hot, Hot, Hot" rendition and S Club 7 fan Andrew's choice of "Zip a Dee Doo Dah" among others, it received a "no" vote.

Katie from Skegness luckily pleased the panel by singing "There You'll Be"; initially she got through to bootcamp, but once she left the audition room the vote was changed against her amidst fears of her having a baby in the middle of the live shows…!

To read more go to http://www.talentedyoungpeople.com/reviews
  • I've got The X Factor!

The X Factor is a really enjoyable show to watch and it is my favourite show to watch on a Saturday night. My favourite judge used to be Sharon Osbourne but now it is Danii Minogue. Ever since Leona Lewis won The X Factor 2006 I could not wait to watch The X Factor 2007. I cannot wait 4 the live show starting this Saturday woohoo!! I really like Emily and I hope she does very well on the live show Good Luck Emily. So the stage is set, Lights camera action & it's time 2 c who has The X Factor!!!!
  • Wowwee, i love this show!

wow, *salutes simon cowell for thinking of this* I absouletly adore this show, the singing talents of the final few are amazing but i much prefer the auditions (which me and my friend will hopefully be attending next year):D the people there that think they can sing are just plain cringe worthy! Sometimes they sound like a cat getting thrown into a washing machine with a dog! I love sharon, she has to be ma fave judge and i also like simon but Lois, whats his problem? He has a bad taste in music most of the time (i mean come on, Buttercup??) but sometimes he comes out with a big hit, occasionaly, VERY occasionaly
    Leon to win this year!!
  • X Factor is a Lier, don't like Simon any more!

1.3
    I have to say, it is a business rather than a competition. the reason is very simple. most of people seemed have already known that Niki was leaving, even herself. Do you agree?
    -- the choice of the song?
    -- the effort on others
    -- the age of niki
    -- the future record
    -- the totally bad performace this time
    -- the awkward begining of the show this year
    -- the relationship of the judges
    -- the comments of the judges
    it is sad for England. and If I were Niki, I would say at the last moment that all the people over 25 do not need to take part in this competition next year because you could not win any way.
  • A brilliant reality show that gets better with every series.

This reality show has been critisised for the over the top drama and all the sympathy stories that the contestants tell that people think make them go further in the competition, but with all the hilarious auditions at the beggining of the series and all the brilliant performances at the end of the series for the live shows this really is a great Saturday night show.

I personally don't like watching many of the first auditions as i would rather watch the good performances but i love watching the show when the contestants to go boot camp and the judges houses. This part of the show is show comical yet so emotional. And with seeing the contestants failing in the competition and some seeing their dreams come true it really does make you choke up and what makes that worst is having the sad soundtrack to listen to when all this is happening.

With all the shows drama what does make this better is the judges catty fights. Sharon Osbourne is absolutely brilliant. She really doesn't care what she says and who she saids it too and it is great to have someone on this show who doesn't think before she talks because you get to know what she really thinks. Louis i think is very narrow minded and once he has an opinion of someone he will never change his mind which i think is really bad, especially in this sort of show when you have acts that have progress so much week after week. I personally do not like Dannii and really don;t know why she is there. the show was better off with just three judges. And there is Simon, who i think is brilliant. He is alwasy honest to all the acts even the acts in his group and everyone only ever watches the judges comment to hear what he has to say. I think the show is brilliant and minus the winner Steve, i think the show has created some great music stars, like Shayne Ward and Leona Lewis. Keep all the drama up, all the catty fighting up and all the emotional performances and the show will just keep getting better and better.
  • Great, but it's going downhill!

1.1
    When the X Factor came out in 2004, I wasn't really that interested in it and the same in 2005(but I've heard they're REALLY good), but in 2006 I started watching the show(Yes, Season 3 was ACTUALLY the first season of the show) and it was cool, it had alot of good contestants, all of them we're likeable.etc and it had a talented winner(Leona Lewis). But when Season 4 came out it became crap, here's the reasons why:

1. They got rid of Kate Thornton: What was wrong with her, anyway? She was a cool host on the X Factor!

2. The age limit: Why in the hell have they changed it to 14+, anyway? I was disappointed at how low they changed the age limit from 16+ to 14+. I mean, what was wrong with the 16+ limit? Plus, 14/15 year olds aren't that talented(In my opinion, some 14/15 year olds aren't talented)

3. Danni Minogue: Yes, she's cool but why did they have to add a new judge in? The show was fine with the original three judges in it(Simon, Sharon and Louie). I don't hate Danni, but I just liked it when it was the original three.

4. The winner this year: Leon is NOT that talented(In my opinion), he's alright but I hated the fact that viewers couldn't get through to ring in for Rhydian and because of the fangirls he has(I was worried that he would win, because of them), he just had to win this year's X Factor!

Generally, this is a brilliant show but it's jumped the shark, let's hope it returns to it's glory in Season 5 though.
  • Get rid of the deadwood!

The show has been really good for the past 4 seasonsbut it needs a good old revamp. Some fresh new ideas and to see the back of Sharon 'Mrs' Osbourne would be greatly appreciated. More Guest appearances from better musicians/singers are needed and i think that they should go back to the 3 judge system with Dannii 'the talented one' Minogue replacing Sharon. The show offers a great opportuity for musicians who havent had the lucky break that they have needed to get into the industry. I also think that they need to stop releasing the singles in the Xmas week it ruins the christmas charts.
< 1 2