The X Factor (UK)

Saturday 7:00 PM on ITV Premiered Sep 01, 2004 In Season

thefanof

The X Factor (UK) Fan Reviews (49)

• A Talant show (Singing)

The show is simply a talant singing show where four judges Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Dannii Minogue and Cheryl Cole (New, Took over from Sharon Osbourne) take spot in various locations all aroung the United Kingdom (Britain) and listen to people from teens to OAP's and groups sing and judge them to see if the are able to advance to the next stage of the competition. They then take their contestant to a remonte location getaway and then pick three each to enter the live stage where week after week 1 act is eliminated until you have your winner. I think the show is quite drole (Boring) but that is just my opinion.
  • when are these shows going to end

really i just dont get these type of shows i find them so boring i really dont care about sad people trying to get there moment of fame my girlfriend love these shows and when i watch them i think how gay are these people. in my eyes they put these shows on so they dont have to pay big money to pay for a good tv show when thats really what people want. think about if there was a good tv show on would you really watch x factor or big brother 90 fecking 9 who cares now i really have to say i watch the fun 1s when the people who cant sing i think they should just show them then end it for the year maybe more people would watch
  • You can always count on some good singing the odd laugh and some tension, but X factor is an abusive circus.

What do I mean abuse? Well just about in every way, it emotioally abuses us, and if you a fool who votes thier abusing your pocket! But of course I mean towards the main auditionees, all of which are hand picked. if 100,000 turned up to audition you can bet the judges say 1,000 MAX. So that means every idiot loser and deluded person was hand picked to be made a fool of for our amusement. I dont know about you but I call that abuse.

I must say I suspect the show is rigged too. It's all too stage managed to believe anything is this show is genuine, well excpet the humiliating tripe that comes out of Dannii and Louis mouth. Danniis great but she really needs to just speak NORMAL!

Simon has now come painfully predictable in all his comments, and the fact that the show becomes more about the judges than the contestants I think proves my circus comment, the acts are the judges props...Ill let you decide who is the elephant and who is the monkey.

The over hyping of everything is unbearable too. Everytime someone walks onto the stage the lights across Britain flicker! When last years winner was announced Wales was hit by a powercut. It all a bit to much, I like good presentation, but if this show is to continue for a decade fossils fuels are going to run out a lot faster.

The whole emotional rollercoaster of each contestant jouney is about as genuine as Dermot O'Learys attempts at looking interested in the show or the contestants.

The Booing audience followed by Cowells scowl has become tiresome. Although haviong saw the twins get booed I had to laugh. All in all this is good background noise on a dull saturday night, but its tripe, a joke totally fake and a complete insult.
  • I consider it an insult to my itelligence

I hate this show, I HATE! this show I consider it an insult to my intelligence that people watch and are entertained by it, let me get one thing clear it's not about them picking the wrong people ever or how the nasty the judges are the entire concept of what the show is I find degrading. A room where 3 complete idiots tell another load of complete idiots that they are idiots. Idiots queue for hours to audition because "they want to be pop star" they want to have five minutes of fame singing cover versions of crappy pointless pop songs, get to number 1 in the charts thanks to all the mindless idiots buying the crappy song because it's they ''have a good voice''. It's mass media drivel that is forced down the throats gullible people with no taste in music or entertainment and fills the world with a vapid pointless nothingness. The idiots who have a dream of people a pop star have very low ambitions in life. Learn a musical instrument join a proper band and tour round doing gigs and get picked by a music label because of your music and the fan base of people who like your music for what it is. Going though a jumped up gloried bad karaoke contest is not true music talent, that concept is bad enough but them filming all this and then people watching it back for entertainment just bogels my mind. There is no imagination, creatively or art to this kind of television its lazy television thought up by brainless idiots and lapped up by brainless idiots. Bring back decent proper Saturday night light entertainment programmes that were just that 'ENTERTAINMENT'
  • X Factor is a Lier, don't like Simon any more!

1.3
    I have to say, it is a business rather than a competition. the reason is very simple. most of people seemed have already known that Niki was leaving, even herself. Do you agree?
    -- the choice of the song?
    -- the effort on others
    -- the age of niki
    -- the future record
    -- the totally bad performace this time
    -- the awkward begining of the show this year
    -- the relationship of the judges
    -- the comments of the judges
    it is sad for England. and If I were Niki, I would say at the last moment that all the people over 25 do not need to take part in this competition next year because you could not win any way.
  • Wtf?! Whoever let Cheryl Cole be a judge is just plain stupid =P

Hmm...yeah. This show is alright, but I think it's not as good as it used to be...

I only started watching The X Factor in 2005 for the 2nd series, I didn't watch the first series (not realising what it was back then). But I've gotta say, 2nd and 3rd series were plain awesome! (Especially the 3rd) All our favourite judges and hosts presenting the UK Music Talent Contest of the country! (That make sense? =P) The horrid awful singers who just want to get on TV, and the really brilliant ones. It's a recipe for great'ness, right? ^_^

WRONG!

Throwing in another 2 judges and getting rid of the old hosts was where the X Factor got killed. Plus, the talent in Series 4...Well, there WAS no talent! The entire croud sucked! Give me ONE good artist from that series that could ACTUALLY sing =P And the new judge, Danni Minogue...What purpose was SHE serving? Did she NEED to be there? =| It's just stupid! And Dermott O'Leary is just dull and boring. He was way better on BBLB, he just sucks on The X Factor...

But yeah, cutting to the point, the air just ain't the same =\ It was good at the start (Especially Series 3 where Leona Lewis won - who has now become a worldwide popstar ^_^) but now it's just ehhh...weird. Series 5 coming up, hopefully they can improve things...Only the fact they haven't by letting Cheryl Cole be a judge =P what kind of stupid stunt was that?! Does The X Factor REALLY need 4 judges? Hardly. It makes things complicated and weird. And Holly Willoughby - host for The Xtra Factor? Wtf? She also sucks =P

Overall - It's pretty good...but just good enough.
  • Pretty good!

I used to think this show was complete rubbish cause it was a music show but when i started watching the first episode of the 3rd season i gained intrest in this show yet Simon Cowell is hilarous in this show and it's great so far i have been sad that Sean did'nt go through cause i wanted him to win(the guy who was 16 the nervous one in the third season) i all though want to know where i can watch the first two seasons cause i did'nt really watch it the only thing i knew about the second season was that Shayne Ward won i extremely liked his music *sigh* the only good thing to only ever come over here in Britain unlike Doctor Who which is stupid and the Crazy Frog which is extremely annoying this and Mr.Bean are the only good things over here in Britain i hope this show gets a 4th season as well.
  • End the evil empire of X Factor

This is still not only one of the most annoying programmes still on British TV but also one of the worst ever made. Yeah there have been some decent acts to come off the show but now the producers are more obsessed in deliberately causing controversies because 1 it generates headlines, 2 increases the ratings and 3 humiliate people as cruelly as possible. Worst of all they have renewed it for ANOTHER 3 YEARS. 3 FUCKING YEARS get a grip ITV.

Cowell should take a hint, strictly is going to continue to kick his ass even when Sir Brucie retires so do the decent thing and scrap this piece of shit and make something unconnected to reality TV.

DEATH TO THE X FACTOR!!!!
  • The one and ONLY reason I'm writing this is because...

2.5
    ...I hate this show so much!!!

People who like it (yes apparently there are some), well I just can't understand you. People slag off Big Brother (which despite still having great moments unfortuneately seems to be going down hill aswell) yet Pop Idol was/is worse by far; and somewhere along the line they decided to clone it? Why? Yeah it was innevitable that some bright spark would feel the need to copy it in hopes of the same 'success' (more likely it was just the novelty of Pop Idol being a bit different than actual success).

Even the title annoys me. I could just imagine the creators pitch in the board room now...
    Creator: " And it's called X factor"
    Chairman: "Really!? 'X' - factor? Well I can see it doing well already since it has an 'X' in the title. When can you start the auditions?"

OK so it's not exactly like Pop Idol, it's less restricted. They've now got hordes of tone-deaf wannabies from 3 different categories: under 25's, over 25's and groups. Still making noise a strangled cat would be ashamed of in order to impress the judges: Simon Cowell (wow that name sounds familiar, where could it be from?), Louie Walsh (the guy who forced westlife on us!? ARE YOU MAD!?) and Sharon Osbourne (being married to someone in the music bussiness doesn't make you an expert). The show goes on for far too long, is over advertised and is hyped up WAY too much.

I'll admit the show is a decent watch in the first few weeks, if you enjoy watching the misfortune of others. It can be funny, but really, you be much better off watching just about anything else.

If you still desperately want to watch this (and probably have some sort of death wish involving boredom) then watch the first few weeks ONLY. But for your own sake, or the sake of your sanity at least, skip the last!

I give the X Factor a 5/10 for the first few weeks but only a 2.5/10 overall.

-Thanks for reading- & -Happy watching-
  • Unless you enjoy crying yourself to sleep on a saturday night do not i repeat do not watch the x factor

The main problem with the x factor is that it is one of the things made by the huge tv corperations made to brainwash humanity by showing showing fat people making idiots of themselves, a prime example being jade goodie. Now back to the x factor.A bad thing about the x factor is that they had taken people from all over the uk with no singing talent whatsoever and pited theselves against eachother to see who can make the biggest idiot of themselves on national tv. Also when luis walsh was on the panel(thank god simon fired him) he always picked the people who where irish even though some of them had no talent at all, take the connorway sisters for example.The overall effect of the x factor is you rolling around the floor laughing because of the pathetic attempts at singing from all over the british isles. You might expect better quality from a primary school production.
    The person who wrote the top paragraph does not represent me and my thoughts.
  • haha soo funny i luv it when complete idiots make it onto the show!

i really love this show!! it's really funny when people that can't even sing enter the competition! its really funny to watch so it entertaines me for a while. Even though it is not the best ever show it is still really good. I also think that american idol is better, but the x factor is still really good. its good for all the family to watch so yeah i recomend you watch it! I think that without Simon cawol the show wouldnt be where it is now! Simon completes the show, espesially when he makes fun of people. I know its grim on them but they shouldv thought of the conciquenses before entering.
  • Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair.

Worse movie ever. Well actually that's being very harsh. After all, I'm sure the production company had put a lot of effort in producing this and trashing it like I am doing right now seems downright unfair. However, I can't forgive those who waste my time with something like this. Why did I pick up something called The X Factor in the first place?
  • My friend is going to star on this

Ok so I don't know if it is this one but I think it is. When I go out on Friday nights (Sometimes Sundays) I see a DJ down at a local pub I go to (Unnamed due to legal suits) but he sings some songs and he told me that he is going to star in the X-Factor or if there is another form of something like this then he's going to star in it... He's got auditions soon... He deals with the karaoke and like I said sings sometimes. I think he might do well on it... He might not get to the final but I reckon he could make it quite some distance on it and hopefully he will.
  • When you first start watching it it seems ok but after watching a few series or episodes it just starts to feel very repetitive.

i started watching x-factor a few years ago, quite enjoying it. But the next series i watched i found myself just not bothering as it seemed exactly like the previous year.

It had the same sort of structure bad and good acts in the auditions with no surprises or laughs. Everything about it was predictable.

Then when the live bits came i totally gave up, there were the same sob stories, put there to make us feel bad and the same songs being sung. It was all too repetitive and boring for me.

I understand why people go onto these shows, either because they genuinely want to show their talent or unfortunatley because they are so desperate for their few seconds of fame.

Many seem to enjoy all this but for me though many programmes are preferable to watching the "x factor". :P
  • I love the auditions, but the rest of the show is just okay

To me, this show isn't as good as it used to be. I thought Sharon was a great X Factor judge and did her job pretty well. I actually thought the show was funnier with her around. To be honest, I don't like Cheryl Cole she isn't a very good replacement, they could have found someone better. She and Dannii can get pretty annoying and they aren't that good at judging IMO. Simon is a good judge. He can be harsh sometimes which kinda bugs me about him, but he tells it as it is which is good judging material if you ask me. Louis is sometimes okay, but can get childish and annoying in the live shows. I have to admit that Sharon and Louis were funny together, esp. at the Jockey audition. But yeah I think the auditions make the show. There are so many singers who think they're the next Madonna or someone famous, and then they make a fool out of themselves on national TV. Boot camp is okay and the live shows are alright but I watch this show mainly for all the bad acts haha.
  • X factor is a good show, though not always.

The auditions have to be the best parts of the show altogether I think. Okay, so I'm going to sound mean in that I laugh at all the rubbish hopefuls that can't sing at all but to be honest they do need to expect to be laughed at if they are going to go on television. Once it gets to boot camp there is still some humour in the show as not all of the acts are brilliantly talented and you get to see a wide range. However, once you get through to the live shows, the show can go downhill a bit. There is not as much humour except from when the judges are being evil to each other with their comments and that is not always even funny. However, once you do get to the live shows there is a kind of sense that you want to keep on watching as you want to know how the acts can sing the different songs and who ends up winning etc. Now, that the show has been running for a while the talent that it produces has got better and better, well it is more the talent that goes on the show rather than the talent that the show produces even though the show does improve the people's talent by a fair bit. I'm not usually one to watch reality TV shows but this one is a pretty good show and I think I will continue to watch it as you always do see some amazing people with brilliant talent on there.
  • One of those shows you just get into...and wish you hadn't.

7.8
    As with most reality/talent shows, once you start watching, you're hooked untill the final.

For most people the highlight of the X factor is the auditions and laughing at all the people who mistakenly think they can sing!

There's good chemistry between the judges and Simon has made my laugh a number of times this series.

Simon: That perforance is as relevant as a cat walking into crufts and saying "Hey! I'm different!"

Simon: You couldn't win this compectition if you were the only one who entered....in a million years.
  • Get rid of the deadwood!

The show has been really good for the past 4 seasonsbut it needs a good old revamp. Some fresh new ideas and to see the back of Sharon 'Mrs' Osbourne would be greatly appreciated. More Guest appearances from better musicians/singers are needed and i think that they should go back to the 3 judge system with Dannii 'the talented one' Minogue replacing Sharon. The show offers a great opportuity for musicians who havent had the lucky break that they have needed to get into the industry. I also think that they need to stop releasing the singles in the Xmas week it ruins the christmas charts.
  • Reality TV Music show.... the best bits are the trials

Every year since 2004 The X Factor hits our screens in a bid to make an original artist a number 1 for Xmas, but the series always starts with the trials, with the good, the bad and the pure ugly auditions, with Simon Cowell et al passing off a few insults here and there to put the auditionees down. This is a fun show to watch but once the finalists are in it seems pretty much downhill from there, as the favourites are never criticised, and the least favourites are reduced to embarrassing comments. Good to watch, but the overall winner comes a little too obvious too close tot he beginning of the contest
  • Why do I watch this??? I have no idea but its good and amusing and mindless TV!

Why do I watch this??? I have no idea but its good and amusing and mindless TV! X Factor has brought me something to watch and follow on and have a personal favorite as such. But I do wonder why I watch it. I dislike things like this greatly but for some reason I watch it and start to like it. Yeah mixed feelings over it, it either annoys you or it gives you amusment. I'm in the middle of those. X Factor is something I will be watching when its one once again. The auditions are of course the best and most amusing part of the whole series.
  • OK but not as good as Pop Idol

The X Factor is not a bad show and I am not saying that I don't enloy it. However, i think that because of Simon Cowell being a judge, it will always be compared to Pop Idol which will wipe the floor with it every time. it confuses me slightly the point of the public voting when the judges have the final say who goes through. It's also very obvious that each judge will vote for their own contestant. In my opinion it should be up to the audience totally who goes through. It is, though, good saturday night entertainment.
  • This is one of those shows where you either love the first half, or you love the second half, or you love the whole thing.

I love the X Factor, mainly for the first half, by which I mean Louis, Simon and Sharon, now Dannii too, all go around the country and half to listen to people who really shouldn't be singing in the first place. At least not in a public place. Very rarely am I tempted to even watch the rest of the show; it just seems like a waste of time to me, all the funny stuff has been done and now the full on competition happens. Which is pretty distressing to see, since the contestants are all put into certain groups; like girls under 25, boy's over 25, groups ect, and they are not only facing off against each group, but also each other. The tension could kill some people (like me) but other people love it, to cheer on their fave singer.
    It's a hit and miss show, but it's done very well for Mr Cowell over here and in the States.
  • An addictive show.

There are lots of singing shows now but in my opinion this is the best one. There are 3 judges Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell. Each one is known for something different. Sharon can be sweet and kind but if she doesn't like someone, she definetly lets them know it. Louis's comments are usually cull of cheese but he's harmless enough. Simon is known for his put downs but most of the time he says what everyone else is saying. The audition rounds ae the funniest but its getting to a stage now where you can't believe that some of the people that come to audition actually think they can sing.
  • A brilliant reality show that gets better with every series.

This reality show has been critisised for the over the top drama and all the sympathy stories that the contestants tell that people think make them go further in the competition, but with all the hilarious auditions at the beggining of the series and all the brilliant performances at the end of the series for the live shows this really is a great Saturday night show.

I personally don't like watching many of the first auditions as i would rather watch the good performances but i love watching the show when the contestants to go boot camp and the judges houses. This part of the show is show comical yet so emotional. And with seeing the contestants failing in the competition and some seeing their dreams come true it really does make you choke up and what makes that worst is having the sad soundtrack to listen to when all this is happening.

With all the shows drama what does make this better is the judges catty fights. Sharon Osbourne is absolutely brilliant. She really doesn't care what she says and who she saids it too and it is great to have someone on this show who doesn't think before she talks because you get to know what she really thinks. Louis i think is very narrow minded and once he has an opinion of someone he will never change his mind which i think is really bad, especially in this sort of show when you have acts that have progress so much week after week. I personally do not like Dannii and really don;t know why she is there. the show was better off with just three judges. And there is Simon, who i think is brilliant. He is alwasy honest to all the acts even the acts in his group and everyone only ever watches the judges comment to hear what he has to say. I think the show is brilliant and minus the winner Steve, i think the show has created some great music stars, like Shayne Ward and Leona Lewis. Keep all the drama up, all the catty fighting up and all the emotional performances and the show will just keep getting better and better.
  • Haven't I seen this before?

Although I love the show, I can't help thinking that this type of show is becoming a cliche. The X Factor is the same as Pop Idol and Pop Stars, but with a different show name.
    Simon, Sharon and Louis are great judges because they give professional and honest opinions.
    The acts that got into the final 10 were all great. My favourite was Tabby and G4 (though everyone was good).
    It was gripping drama and there were on-the-edge-of-your-seat moments on the night of the live final.
    The decision for the viewers was G4 or Steve, Steve or G4. I think that both Steve and G4 should of won because they were both fantastic singers. The problem was- only one group or person could have THE X FACTOR.

I can't wait for the next season!
  • The X Factor is great!

The X Factor is one of the best reality shows I have ever watched. I don't really like many reality shows but everytime X Factor is on it speaks well for reality television.

The judges are great and some of the singers are great too, some aren't really but some are the best you have ever heard of. For instance: Chico and Alexandra!

If you want to watch some decent television and you live in Great Britain then I recommend you watch this, take some time out to watch it. Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Good luck to all contestants!

-Beller
  • oh nooooooo

Ok i like X factor because its just great but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Chico has been voted off comeo on he kept the show funny now its just about finding out who wins. grrrrr to all of you who didnt vote for Chico. but still Sharons still there and so is simon.
  • A UK based talent contest to search for a singer to win a £1 Million record contract.The judges,Simon Cowell,Louis Walsh,Sharon Osbourne and Dannii Minogue manage a group each from the Girls Under 25s,Boys Under 25s,Over 25s and Groups.

This is my absolute favourite talent contest and it is truly original in the way it allows people of any age over 15 to audition and try to win a £1 Million recording contract.The first few weeks of auditions are extremely entertaining and range from the completely disastrous to the breathtakingly amazing performances.I think the boot camp is very harsh on the contestants who are lucky enough to pass through the audition stages.I always find myself feeling bad for those who are genuinely able to perform but are criticised by the judges for forgetting lyrics of a song they had literally a week to learn.My absolute favourite part of the series,even above the auditions!,is the live shows where the remaining 3 contestants in each group (12 in total)must perform live in front of a studio full of people and millions of viewers at home and then one leaves the show each show after the public vote to save their favourite act.I always find the anticipation and tense atmosphere leading up to the final show where 1 of the remaining 3 acts will win the recording contract and 2 will have lost their dream.
  • Great Program

This my most favorite singing competition and I actually been enjoying watching Season 11 (the first season to debut in Canada). Most of my favorite singers (Olly Murs, Cher Lloyd, One Direction and Little Mix) have come from the X Factor. Which makes it even more special for me.
  • daniel finally gone! its getting closer now to the final!

well daniel is finally gone now all the good singers are left except poor laura! louis walsh was playin a game that week defo cause he knows how much of a threat laura was to jls winning! so its finally getting near the end now and its still as exciting! it was great for them all to see there families that was dead emtional.
    i cant wait to hear what the new song for the winners goin to be and who will be in the winner i reckon that in the final it will be wee euan jls and alexandra!
< 1 2