The X Factor (UK)

Saturday 7:00 PM on ITV Premiered Sep 01, 2004 In Season

thefanof

The X Factor (UK) Fan Reviews (52)

• Is Cheryl Fernandez-Versini ill?

More I watch X factor Uk I feed physically bad for seeing how Skinny Cheryl Fernandez-Versini is. I dont follow any celebrity gossips or anything that goes on with her life so that is the reason I wonder. If her weight and bony appearance is because of her own choice, I dont think she should be judging anything as so many young girls are watching her as a role model and she really looks so weak and ill as if she hasnt got any proper food for months! EAT Cheryl, EAT!
  • The voting is really a smoke!!!

I began to watch x factor uk last year and was very attracted to the program. However, this year, I noticed the program seems sponsored by some giant wealth force behind more than what Simon intended for this show as he started. It's like Simon is out of control of his own show.

When Mason Noise was considered "far the best" by Nick's guest Judge, I lost trust in this show. It is way too ridiculous among all the excellent singers like Josh Daniel and others at that point, that Mason Noise who not a good singer at all and showed bad manner like Kenny west was honored. It looks to me that there is some deal made behind the scene... it's like if the contestant agreed to it, they get to move forward either they are good singers/performers or not, either they were liked by the public or not.

It is impossible that Mason Noise got enough votes to keep moving forward especially when the audience was booed him, and he basically had few family or friends behind him when he returned home to visit. Where did he get the votes to move so far to the end? It just feels like he moves forward with some guarantee deal he made with who knows what.

This last weekend elimination result proves to me more that I was right about the voting in the x factor. It is not honest. People can vote but the elimination result is not entirely based on the public vote. That's just a trick to get people to watch the show. I lost respect for the integrity of X factor at UK. 4 Impact got eliminated? The voting system is just a smoke. It is whoever behind the scene decides who to move forward to the final and who to win. Can't anybody see how many viewers view 4 Impact performance every week on youtube? It's in the millions. No other contestant gets even close to that number viewers during this whole contest. They might not be the best singers, but this is a show that people vote for the artist they like. The 4 Impact was likable until they were under the mentorship. They couldn't show their natural beautiful spirit in their performance. Instead, they were turned into someone else they were not .... lost their attractive points. Even so, they still have the largest viewers on youtube. I cannot believe that they were eliminated through votes. Those votes should be opened not through an envelop.

This week, I even feel that there might be the sense that Britain doesn't want to give the award to anyone other than the British contestant. The elimination is almost like playing chess, if 4 Impact stays in, it cannot avoid that they will get most of the votes at the end and Bolle and Regie will be in 3rd or 4th place. Where Cheryl's heart is with the B & R, she literally didn't give the attention to 4 Impact as they deserve. The way how the back stage team dressed up and design the image of contestant says alot of the Judge's heart toward whom they want the contestant to win. Cheryl did not do well with the 4 impact.

I really think this program should change the judging process. It gets so unhealthy and stress out for everyone participating and watching the show toward the end... Judges, contestants, and the viewers included. It is way too controlling the life of everyone involved in the show. The contestant cannot go home. Everyone spend several months in this building for So is only show, it is not life. Life has many other aspect to live. This type of show is shaping the young generation to zeroing on one focus -- TO WIN and TO BECOME FAMOUS POP STAR. Pop stars rise and fall. Young people need to know that there are other way to live life and to be happy. This kind of show shouldn't be blown out of proportion. What really turned me off is the dishonest voting system. I feel I waste my energy and time following this show.

• Why ?

First why the need for judges , none of you base your vote on talent in the singoff . Can't any of you find a set of nads, that's how Shawn was sent home . Your 4 super stars from day one Louissa, Che, lauren, and Shawn. If you need help Simon I can fly out for the week since you can't get your heads out of your arses.
  • Great Program

This my most favorite singing competition and I actually been enjoying watching Season 11 (the first season to debut in Canada). Most of my favorite singers (Olly Murs, Cher Lloyd, One Direction and Little Mix) have come from the X Factor. Which makes it even more special for me.
  • End the evil empire of X Factor

This is still not only one of the most annoying programmes still on British TV but also one of the worst ever made. Yeah there have been some decent acts to come off the show but now the producers are more obsessed in deliberately causing controversies because 1 it generates headlines, 2 increases the ratings and 3 humiliate people as cruelly as possible. Worst of all they have renewed it for ANOTHER 3 YEARS. 3 FUCKING YEARS get a grip ITV.

Cowell should take a hint, strictly is going to continue to kick his ass even when Sir Brucie retires so do the decent thing and scrap this piece of shit and make something unconnected to reality TV.

DEATH TO THE X FACTOR!!!!
  • Love this show.

I always loved this show but I have 1 question?Why do they keep switching judges all the time.And from season 1-7 the people with the same type of style kept winning but after season 8 there was finally a change of music style according to the singer(s).But overall I love the X Factor.
  • I watch this show via Youtube and...

the quality is just as great! Everyone thinks Americans may have the best vocal talent searches, but this show proves otherwise. Like, the stage is so futuristic looking comparison to what we have here. Much larger too... as the taping crowd too. I find hot music to listen to here when I'm bored with American music... very, very different. Simon will always remain fierce. So is the competition and talent on here. Amazing!
  • You can always count on some good singing the odd laugh and some tension, but X factor is an abusive circus.

What do I mean abuse? Well just about in every way, it emotioally abuses us, and if you a fool who votes thier abusing your pocket! But of course I mean towards the main auditionees, all of which are hand picked. if 100,000 turned up to audition you can bet the judges say 1,000 MAX. So that means every idiot loser and deluded person was hand picked to be made a fool of for our amusement. I dont know about you but I call that abuse.

I must say I suspect the show is rigged too. It's all too stage managed to believe anything is this show is genuine, well excpet the humiliating tripe that comes out of Dannii and Louis mouth. Danniis great but she really needs to just speak NORMAL!

Simon has now come painfully predictable in all his comments, and the fact that the show becomes more about the judges than the contestants I think proves my circus comment, the acts are the judges props...Ill let you decide who is the elephant and who is the monkey.

The over hyping of everything is unbearable too. Everytime someone walks onto the stage the lights across Britain flicker! When last years winner was announced Wales was hit by a powercut. It all a bit to much, I like good presentation, but if this show is to continue for a decade fossils fuels are going to run out a lot faster.

The whole emotional rollercoaster of each contestant jouney is about as genuine as Dermot O'Learys attempts at looking interested in the show or the contestants.

The Booing audience followed by Cowells scowl has become tiresome. Although haviong saw the twins get booed I had to laugh. All in all this is good background noise on a dull saturday night, but its tripe, a joke totally fake and a complete insult.
  • when are these shows going to end

really i just dont get these type of shows i find them so boring i really dont care about sad people trying to get there moment of fame my girlfriend love these shows and when i watch them i think how gay are these people. in my eyes they put these shows on so they dont have to pay big money to pay for a good tv show when thats really what people want. think about if there was a good tv show on would you really watch x factor or big brother 90 fecking 9 who cares now i really have to say i watch the fun 1s when the people who cant sing i think they should just show them then end it for the year maybe more people would watch
  • Shambles

Can I just say how when this show first started I was addicted. It was brilliant! The format was very much copied off Pop Idol but that made little difference... this show was superb. Back when Simon Cowell got away with being a prick on tv. Then after 2007... it all went downhill. Fast.

This show is a complete and utter shadow of its formal self. Sure... they have spent about a trillion pound on it this year hiring celebrity guests and packing out arenas up and down the country but they can't glamour it up enough to hide the obvious truth. This show is a talent competition, where the so called "best" singers in the country sing for your vote. Best??? Best??? That right there is a joke. Not that I am insulting the contestants... they only want to improve there lives by recording a million pound song... I mean who dosen't? It's 100% the Judges. They put through people on whether or not they are "cute" instead of singing ability (Lloyd this year, Eoghan last year and don't even mention Leon Jackson). This show is not a talent competition but a ruse to get people's money. Simon Cowell knows exactly what he is doing. The trouble is... this show is all about finding that one special person and instead week after week better singers are voted out so abysmal singers can remain. Its unfair and it makes a mockery of what the show stands for. I can sum up this example in one word... JEDWARD! And the sob stories... christ the sob stories. I don't care if you've had a hard life! Haven't we all? It's supposed to be Saturday (and now Sunday) night entertainment to escape the hardship of weekly life so I don't want to hear how hard things are for you!! Ultimately I have completly lost faith in this show. I can't see why anyone would audition. Each year is purley to fill Cowell's pocket up with more money, meaning he will soon have more money than God. A shambles of a show and a joke. Fixed from the start for the most money and drama. This year especially... this show has lost its sparkle.
  • When you first start watching it it seems ok but after watching a few series or episodes it just starts to feel very repetitive.

i started watching x-factor a few years ago, quite enjoying it. But the next series i watched i found myself just not bothering as it seemed exactly like the previous year.

It had the same sort of structure bad and good acts in the auditions with no surprises or laughs. Everything about it was predictable.

Then when the live bits came i totally gave up, there were the same sob stories, put there to make us feel bad and the same songs being sung. It was all too repetitive and boring for me.

I understand why people go onto these shows, either because they genuinely want to show their talent or unfortunatley because they are so desperate for their few seconds of fame.

Many seem to enjoy all this but for me though many programmes are preferable to watching the "x factor". :P
  • A Talant show (Singing)

The show is simply a talant singing show where four judges Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Dannii Minogue and Cheryl Cole (New, Took over from Sharon Osbourne) take spot in various locations all aroung the United Kingdom (Britain) and listen to people from teens to OAP's and groups sing and judge them to see if the are able to advance to the next stage of the competition. They then take their contestant to a remonte location getaway and then pick three each to enter the live stage where week after week 1 act is eliminated until you have your winner. I think the show is quite drole (Boring) but that is just my opinion.
  • This show was great ever since I started watching it in Series 2..

However, once it turned into more of The Catfight Factor, the show became a little less enjoyable. But I think replacing Cheryl with Sharron was a good choice, and I'm really enjoying this year so far! This is a talent show for singing, but half the time the judges Louis Walsh, Danni Minogue, Simon Cowell and new judge Cheryl Cole (so damn hot) are just bickering over whatever.

The emotion actually makes me laugh rather than cry as it's pathetic watching stupid prats that are tone deaf make a fool of themselves. So, this is a hillarious show, and is my weekly dose of Saturday Night entertainment. I'm hooked, and there's no unhooking me!

Grade: A
    9.2/10
  • daniel finally gone! its getting closer now to the final!

well daniel is finally gone now all the good singers are left except poor laura! louis walsh was playin a game that week defo cause he knows how much of a threat laura was to jls winning! so its finally getting near the end now and its still as exciting! it was great for them all to see there families that was dead emtional.
    i cant wait to hear what the new song for the winners goin to be and who will be in the winner i reckon that in the final it will be wee euan jls and alexandra!
  • I consider it an insult to my itelligence

I hate this show, I HATE! this show I consider it an insult to my intelligence that people watch and are entertained by it, let me get one thing clear it's not about them picking the wrong people ever or how the nasty the judges are the entire concept of what the show is I find degrading. A room where 3 complete idiots tell another load of complete idiots that they are idiots. Idiots queue for hours to audition because "they want to be pop star" they want to have five minutes of fame singing cover versions of crappy pointless pop songs, get to number 1 in the charts thanks to all the mindless idiots buying the crappy song because it's they ''have a good voice''. It's mass media drivel that is forced down the throats gullible people with no taste in music or entertainment and fills the world with a vapid pointless nothingness. The idiots who have a dream of people a pop star have very low ambitions in life. Learn a musical instrument join a proper band and tour round doing gigs and get picked by a music label because of your music and the fan base of people who like your music for what it is. Going though a jumped up gloried bad karaoke contest is not true music talent, that concept is bad enough but them filming all this and then people watching it back for entertainment just bogels my mind. There is no imagination, creatively or art to this kind of television its lazy television thought up by brainless idiots and lapped up by brainless idiots. Bring back decent proper Saturday night light entertainment programmes that were just that 'ENTERTAINMENT'
  • x factor

i like the x factor i want diane to win or ruth lol who agress with me !!!!! !! i like the x factor i want diane to win or ruth lol who agress with me !!!!! !! i like the x factor i want diane to win or ruth lol who agress with me !!!!! !! i like the x factor i want diane to win or ruth lol who agress with me !!!!! !! i like the x factor i want diane to win or ruth lol who agress with me !!!!! !! i like the x factor i want diane to win or ruth lol who agress with me !!!!! !!
  • I love the auditions, but the rest of the show is just okay

To me, this show isn't as good as it used to be. I thought Sharon was a great X Factor judge and did her job pretty well. I actually thought the show was funnier with her around. To be honest, I don't like Cheryl Cole she isn't a very good replacement, they could have found someone better. She and Dannii can get pretty annoying and they aren't that good at judging IMO. Simon is a good judge. He can be harsh sometimes which kinda bugs me about him, but he tells it as it is which is good judging material if you ask me. Louis is sometimes okay, but can get childish and annoying in the live shows. I have to admit that Sharon and Louis were funny together, esp. at the Jockey audition. But yeah I think the auditions make the show. There are so many singers who think they're the next Madonna or someone famous, and then they make a fool out of themselves on national TV. Boot camp is okay and the live shows are alright but I watch this show mainly for all the bad acts haha.
  • Wtf?! Whoever let Cheryl Cole be a judge is just plain stupid =P

Hmm...yeah. This show is alright, but I think it's not as good as it used to be...

I only started watching The X Factor in 2005 for the 2nd series, I didn't watch the first series (not realising what it was back then). But I've gotta say, 2nd and 3rd series were plain awesome! (Especially the 3rd) All our favourite judges and hosts presenting the UK Music Talent Contest of the country! (That make sense? =P) The horrid awful singers who just want to get on TV, and the really brilliant ones. It's a recipe for great'ness, right? ^_^

WRONG!

Throwing in another 2 judges and getting rid of the old hosts was where the X Factor got killed. Plus, the talent in Series 4...Well, there WAS no talent! The entire croud sucked! Give me ONE good artist from that series that could ACTUALLY sing =P And the new judge, Danni Minogue...What purpose was SHE serving? Did she NEED to be there? =| It's just stupid! And Dermott O'Leary is just dull and boring. He was way better on BBLB, he just sucks on The X Factor...

But yeah, cutting to the point, the air just ain't the same =\ It was good at the start (Especially Series 3 where Leona Lewis won - who has now become a worldwide popstar ^_^) but now it's just ehhh...weird. Series 5 coming up, hopefully they can improve things...Only the fact they haven't by letting Cheryl Cole be a judge =P what kind of stupid stunt was that?! Does The X Factor REALLY need 4 judges? Hardly. It makes things complicated and weird. And Holly Willoughby - host for The Xtra Factor? Wtf? She also sucks =P

Overall - It's pretty good...but just good enough.
  • A UK based talent contest to search for a singer to win a £1 Million record contract.The judges,Simon Cowell,Louis Walsh,Sharon Osbourne and Dannii Minogue manage a group each from the Girls Under 25s,Boys Under 25s,Over 25s and Groups.

This is my absolute favourite talent contest and it is truly original in the way it allows people of any age over 15 to audition and try to win a £1 Million recording contract.The first few weeks of auditions are extremely entertaining and range from the completely disastrous to the breathtakingly amazing performances.I think the boot camp is very harsh on the contestants who are lucky enough to pass through the audition stages.I always find myself feeling bad for those who are genuinely able to perform but are criticised by the judges for forgetting lyrics of a song they had literally a week to learn.My absolute favourite part of the series,even above the auditions!,is the live shows where the remaining 3 contestants in each group (12 in total)must perform live in front of a studio full of people and millions of viewers at home and then one leaves the show each show after the public vote to save their favourite act.I always find the anticipation and tense atmosphere leading up to the final show where 1 of the remaining 3 acts will win the recording contract and 2 will have lost their dream.
  • X factor is a good show, though not always.

The auditions have to be the best parts of the show altogether I think. Okay, so I'm going to sound mean in that I laugh at all the rubbish hopefuls that can't sing at all but to be honest they do need to expect to be laughed at if they are going to go on television. Once it gets to boot camp there is still some humour in the show as not all of the acts are brilliantly talented and you get to see a wide range. However, once you get through to the live shows, the show can go downhill a bit. There is not as much humour except from when the judges are being evil to each other with their comments and that is not always even funny. However, once you do get to the live shows there is a kind of sense that you want to keep on watching as you want to know how the acts can sing the different songs and who ends up winning etc. Now, that the show has been running for a while the talent that it produces has got better and better, well it is more the talent that goes on the show rather than the talent that the show produces even though the show does improve the people's talent by a fair bit. I'm not usually one to watch reality TV shows but this one is a pretty good show and I think I will continue to watch it as you always do see some amazing people with brilliant talent on there.
  • This is one of those shows where you either love the first half, or you love the second half, or you love the whole thing.

I love the X Factor, mainly for the first half, by which I mean Louis, Simon and Sharon, now Dannii too, all go around the country and half to listen to people who really shouldn't be singing in the first place. At least not in a public place. Very rarely am I tempted to even watch the rest of the show; it just seems like a waste of time to me, all the funny stuff has been done and now the full on competition happens. Which is pretty distressing to see, since the contestants are all put into certain groups; like girls under 25, boy's over 25, groups ect, and they are not only facing off against each group, but also each other. The tension could kill some people (like me) but other people love it, to cheer on their fave singer.
    It's a hit and miss show, but it's done very well for Mr Cowell over here and in the States.
  • X Factor is brilliant!!!

X Factor is absolutly brilliant- particulaly during the auditions.
    Some of the judges are totally amazing.
    Sharon Osbourne is a truly inspirational woman who has been through so much but is still absolutly fabulous- she is my favourite judge.
    Simon Cowell speaks the truth and nothing else which i think is ace because it doesn't give people false hope.
    Dannii Minogue is ok but she is no where near my favourite judge.
    Louis Walsh is just a miserable old fool. I think the series would have done much better with just sharon, simon and dannii. Louis gets more and more boring every year.

X factor always pushes itself every year to get better and better.
  • Get rid of the deadwood!

The show has been really good for the past 4 seasonsbut it needs a good old revamp. Some fresh new ideas and to see the back of Sharon 'Mrs' Osbourne would be greatly appreciated. More Guest appearances from better musicians/singers are needed and i think that they should go back to the 3 judge system with Dannii 'the talented one' Minogue replacing Sharon. The show offers a great opportuity for musicians who havent had the lucky break that they have needed to get into the industry. I also think that they need to stop releasing the singles in the Xmas week it ruins the christmas charts.
  • Great, but it's going downhill!

1.1
    When the X Factor came out in 2004, I wasn't really that interested in it and the same in 2005(but I've heard they're REALLY good), but in 2006 I started watching the show(Yes, Season 3 was ACTUALLY the first season of the show) and it was cool, it had alot of good contestants, all of them we're likeable.etc and it had a talented winner(Leona Lewis). But when Season 4 came out it became crap, here's the reasons why:

1. They got rid of Kate Thornton: What was wrong with her, anyway? She was a cool host on the X Factor!

2. The age limit: Why in the hell have they changed it to 14+, anyway? I was disappointed at how low they changed the age limit from 16+ to 14+. I mean, what was wrong with the 16+ limit? Plus, 14/15 year olds aren't that talented(In my opinion, some 14/15 year olds aren't talented)

3. Danni Minogue: Yes, she's cool but why did they have to add a new judge in? The show was fine with the original three judges in it(Simon, Sharon and Louie). I don't hate Danni, but I just liked it when it was the original three.

4. The winner this year: Leon is NOT that talented(In my opinion), he's alright but I hated the fact that viewers couldn't get through to ring in for Rhydian and because of the fangirls he has(I was worried that he would win, because of them), he just had to win this year's X Factor!

Generally, this is a brilliant show but it's jumped the shark, let's hope it returns to it's glory in Season 5 though.
  • A brilliant reality show that gets better with every series.

This reality show has been critisised for the over the top drama and all the sympathy stories that the contestants tell that people think make them go further in the competition, but with all the hilarious auditions at the beggining of the series and all the brilliant performances at the end of the series for the live shows this really is a great Saturday night show.

I personally don't like watching many of the first auditions as i would rather watch the good performances but i love watching the show when the contestants to go boot camp and the judges houses. This part of the show is show comical yet so emotional. And with seeing the contestants failing in the competition and some seeing their dreams come true it really does make you choke up and what makes that worst is having the sad soundtrack to listen to when all this is happening.

With all the shows drama what does make this better is the judges catty fights. Sharon Osbourne is absolutely brilliant. She really doesn't care what she says and who she saids it too and it is great to have someone on this show who doesn't think before she talks because you get to know what she really thinks. Louis i think is very narrow minded and once he has an opinion of someone he will never change his mind which i think is really bad, especially in this sort of show when you have acts that have progress so much week after week. I personally do not like Dannii and really don;t know why she is there. the show was better off with just three judges. And there is Simon, who i think is brilliant. He is alwasy honest to all the acts even the acts in his group and everyone only ever watches the judges comment to hear what he has to say. I think the show is brilliant and minus the winner Steve, i think the show has created some great music stars, like Shayne Ward and Leona Lewis. Keep all the drama up, all the catty fighting up and all the emotional performances and the show will just keep getting better and better.
  • X Factor is a Lier, don't like Simon any more!

1.3
    I have to say, it is a business rather than a competition. the reason is very simple. most of people seemed have already known that Niki was leaving, even herself. Do you agree?
    -- the choice of the song?
    -- the effort on others
    -- the age of niki
    -- the future record
    -- the totally bad performace this time
    -- the awkward begining of the show this year
    -- the relationship of the judges
    -- the comments of the judges
    it is sad for England. and If I were Niki, I would say at the last moment that all the people over 25 do not need to take part in this competition next year because you could not win any way.
  • Wowwee, i love this show!

wow, *salutes simon cowell for thinking of this* I absouletly adore this show, the singing talents of the final few are amazing but i much prefer the auditions (which me and my friend will hopefully be attending next year):D the people there that think they can sing are just plain cringe worthy! Sometimes they sound like a cat getting thrown into a washing machine with a dog! I love sharon, she has to be ma fave judge and i also like simon but Lois, whats his problem? He has a bad taste in music most of the time (i mean come on, Buttercup??) but sometimes he comes out with a big hit, occasionaly, VERY occasionaly
    Leon to win this year!!
  • I've got The X Factor!

The X Factor is a really enjoyable show to watch and it is my favourite show to watch on a Saturday night. My favourite judge used to be Sharon Osbourne but now it is Danii Minogue. Ever since Leona Lewis won The X Factor 2006 I could not wait to watch The X Factor 2007. I cannot wait 4 the live show starting this Saturday woohoo!! I really like Emily and I hope she does very well on the live show Good Luck Emily. So the stage is set, Lights camera action & it's time 2 c who has The X Factor!!!!
  • This week's X Factor auditions took place at Sheffield, Birmingham and Manchester, where another bunch of hopefuls arrived to try and become the next big music sensation.

16-year-old Nathaniel's "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" was 'bizarre' according to Louis, with Simon stating "You need to change your record collection". Along with Bongoman's equally-bizarre "Hot, Hot, Hot" rendition and S Club 7 fan Andrew's choice of "Zip a Dee Doo Dah" among others, it received a "no" vote.

Katie from Skegness luckily pleased the panel by singing "There You'll Be"; initially she got through to bootcamp, but once she left the audition room the vote was changed against her amidst fears of her having a baby in the middle of the live shows…!

To read more go to http://www.talentedyoungpeople.com/reviews
  • Reality TV Music show.... the best bits are the trials

Every year since 2004 The X Factor hits our screens in a bid to make an original artist a number 1 for Xmas, but the series always starts with the trials, with the good, the bad and the pure ugly auditions, with Simon Cowell et al passing off a few insults here and there to put the auditionees down. This is a fun show to watch but once the finalists are in it seems pretty much downhill from there, as the favourites are never criticised, and the least favourites are reduced to embarrassing comments. Good to watch, but the overall winner comes a little too obvious too close tot he beginning of the contest